NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Caris

Themes.

Does anyone know any good themes for X.P that you dont have to go through window blinds or anything to use?

Ive got the Royal theme at the mo, but getting bored of it.

Info Please.

Find the hacked uxtheme.dll (it's a kind of .exe patch you need to install) then you can use all themes without shit like stylexp or windowblinds.

How do you installt hemes? I don't get it, i want good themes but without Windowblinds

by themes do you mean like the black colour for the task bar in my pic?, the crosses glow red, and the other two in the top right glow blue when the mouse is on top of them.

untitled8pe.th.png

if so then i had no idea, i cant remember how i even put this one on

No, it's what Dieter said. Download themes from Deviantart once you've applied the hack.

Find the hacked uxtheme.dll (it's a kind of .exe patch you need to install) then you can use all themes without shit like stylexp or windowblinds.
I wouldn't mind getting a new theme too.

Do you just need to copy and paste a hacked uxtheme.dll over the normal one to install it?

I've got a uxtheme.dll and a uxtheme(3).dll in my Windows folder?? Would I need to update both of those? :wtf:

Yes that looks awsome.

But its windowblinds isnt it?

i think it is, is there anything wrong with windowsblinds? ive been using this for ages and it wasnt a problem to set up, i think

also what is a uxtheme.dll? cos if there are better ones than the one im using then id like to change.

Nothing i was just wondering.

Erm i ran the hack and it said somehthing anlong the lines of "this hack removed certain files please insert the windows xp to disk to replace these files and maitin system stability"

i aint got the CD will it be ok?

Nothing i was just wondering.

Erm i ran the hack and it said somehthing anlong the lines of "this hack removed certain files please insert the windows xp to disk to replace these files and maitin system stability"

i aint got the CD will it be ok?

You hacked a .dll, it's normal that windows complains. Nothing bad will happen.

And Windowblinds basically covers your theme, doesn't replace it iirc. It uses a lot of RAM for what it does.

Sweeet, this has been easly the most helpful thread ive ever started, cheers guys.

Sweeet, this has been easly the most helpful thread ive ever started, cheers guys.

Have fun playing. :) I regularly switched between themes for a long time before finding one that I loved.

Smooth move into a desktop thread there.

This was originally intended to show my idiotic cousin where a button was, but it'll do.

amobisstinkt.JPG

Souluna Remix theme, easily one of the best out there. Simple, small, sober, readable, sexy.

I had some troubles when I tried fiddling with themes through the old .dll method, I have replaced the uxtheme.dll file with a fresh copy from Microsoft but my problem persists.

Basically when I open any program, be it Dreamweaver, MSN whatever, my screen breifly goes black, then comes back with the program open, but the colour changed from 32 bit to 8 bit. What could it be?

the best themes availble for xp at the moment

is called Luna Element 4 it comes in blue or black, flavour

heres a pic

startmenuexploer0jr.th.jpg

and in black

44pf1.th.jpg

Whats wrong with Windowsblinds? Sounds like safer alternative to me.

On this page you can download a Warcraft theme if you like: Warcraft theme

The point is that Windowsblinds uses extra resources, but the dll method doesn't.

For those that are having problems. Sorry, I had none, so don't know what the problem could be.

Caris, you're already using the same one that I do. :)

Sign in to follow this