NEurope
Charlie

SSBM - Who do you go?

Woah, massive bumpage from last year, on-topic though I love Fox, he's incredibly fast and has some great smash attacks :bouncy:

Lance

Pikachu if you can play him he's awsome. Nice sig King Boo

complement redshell - he made it (although i guess i gave him my idea)

Depends, i use Mario, Link, Ganondorf and Mewtwo a lot of the time. But as i said, it depends who i play against.

..Link until I unlock some characters.. (my girlfriend is giving the game to me at Christmas, but I already played it briefly a few weeks ago.. hopefully the next time I play it it will be in my shiny new Wii..)

Falco / Mewtwo fan myself, Mewtwo is a very strong character if played well, and normally choose Falco for the fast passed punch and retreat tactic xD

Bowser's my favourite. Even though I play better with marth or roy... But it doesn't matter as I'll lose with anybody when I play against my little brother.

I used to be a pikachu guy, since he was my best character from the n64 version, but I soon switched to Marth. I choose Marth over Roy purely because he doesn't sacrifice speed over power.

Roy as well. Powerful smash attacks, Marths are relatively weak compared to Roys smash attacks, its the way I beat the difficult challenges in the game to beat this game 100%, cowards way, let the Ai approach me clobber them with a charged b shot or a smash attack.

Pikachu - Good speed, the Down Smash attack is good for getting mulitple enemies, and using Thunder is always handy to knock characters off the stage easily, and quick attack is extremely useful.

Falco - Speed and a killer Down + B move.

Bowser - Slow, but hard to knock off the stage and packs a big puch. Also use B for quick (and annoying for other players) % increase.

Kirby - Good speed, good at getting back on the stage but is extremely light so gets knocked off fairly quickly. Be wary to use Down + B too often.

This is generally who I pick. But they all rock! (with exclusion of Dr. Mario.)

Roy as well. Powerful smash attacks, Marths are relatively weak compared to Roys smash attacks,

I choose Marth over Roy purely because he doesn't sacrifice speed over power.

Actually, almost all of Marth's attacks do more damage than Roy's correpsonding attacks.

Actually, almost all of Marth's attacks do more damage than Roy's correpsonding attacks.

Roy is a low tier, but I'm not sure if his attacks are weaker than Marth's.

Roy used to be my favorite character, but I was forced to change during Smashers Reunion a few weeks ago (Smashers Reunion = 4 day constant Smash Bros. tournaments with over 60 players).

Now I usually play with Marth, Samus, Falco, Link or Roy (if its a low tier match).

No, Marth does more damage.

Roy is a clone of Marth in that they feature pretty much the same movement and attack style, but their specifications are different. Roy seems at first to be a slower and stronger version of Marth, but he is actually almost the opposite; he has a fast dash, a fast and long dash dance, and a fast fall that gives speed to his short hop aerials almost as well as Marth, and his DED is very useful in battle, but his moves actually do rather low damage, and it is hard to land his primary killing move, his forward smash. It was determined professionally that Marth can KO better with his swordplay, which has a sweet spot on the tip of the sword, while Roy's sweet spot is more in the middle. Roy's forward Smash and chargeable B are decent at edge-guarding, and Roy has a great grab range like Marth and has a potentially effective move in his Counter, but it is his lack of a projectile, short recovery, and easiness to be juggled and comboed, added with his low general damage, that ultimately make Marth the better fighter. Roy is mainly popular to use in the single-player modes of Melee.

I always used to go as Link normally, i don't know why i just 'suited' to him. Every now and then i would go as Gannondorf for a change (and sometimes it worked quite well when he got some of his more powerful moves in).

I find that kirby is the easiest chacacter to do the challanges with. Down and b works wonder sometimes with an unexperienced player.