NEurope
yogi_bear

PSP repair question

My psp's analogue is abit dodgey, it gets stuck in the left position. I called sony centre to ask about a repair and they said it would cost me £130!. Does anyone know where i can get it repaired for a cheaper price? BTW it's a white one and from japan.

Thanks

It really depends on what kind of sticky we are talking about here. If it's likely to be from something sticky getting in there (cos you've eating sweets while playing or something :D) then I would suggest opening it up yourself. You would just need to give it a clean. Also if it is just a piece of plastic fragment stuck in there you should be able to get it out.

To be honest though, I've never opened up a PSP so if anyone else is ready to say "NOooooooo... it will makes springs and what not fly everywhere!" then do. But seriously, never underestimate your own skill at fixing things. It'll say you money (around £130).

it doesn't get stuck in the position, but if im playin a game and move it to the left, the person im controlling starts running to the left and doesn't stop. It's like the actual psp thinks im still pushing the analogue to the left, even though im not. any help?

This problem sounds like the problem i sometimes get when the analogue on my xbox pad isn't in neutral (centre). Next time you load up the psp, make sure the analogue is in the middle and not slightly to the left or something. Seems a bit petty, but worth a try at least.

yup, i've tried that too. Nothing seems to work. Anyone know of any shops that repair psp's or other consoles?

hmm thats wierd, ive only had my psp about 2 weeks, and theres been no problem but ive just switched it on now and its doing what youve described above, but right.

i just press it right once, a little tap and he keeps moving in that direction (gta) just going round in a circle. i hope it doesnt happen all the time

The PSP is known for its troubles with things like this, especially with the analogue stick; that's 1 reason I wont get one.

You use the analog anyway? I played a psp once and thought the analog was in the msot crappy awkward place anyway.

You use the analog anyway? I played a psp once and thought the analog was in the msot crappy awkward place anyway.

Some games require you to use it, and any ways, i wouldnt like a feature on my console broken.

I cant help ya yogi, £130 repair for a fucking analogue stick is rediculous, i think you might wanna attempt to open it...

hmm thats wierd, ive only had my psp about 2 weeks, and theres been no problem but ive just switched it on now and its doing what youve described above, but right.

i just press it right once, a little tap and he keeps moving in that direction (gta) just going round in a circle. i hope it doesnt happen all the time

Exactly the same. I may just have to deal with it. I don't get why sony can't make these things reliable! Stingy bastards :weep:

hmmm thats wierd, i said before that it was doing what i said above that when i just press right it keeps going when its not pressed right. However i had a play last night and it had stopped doing it. must have sorted itself out.

Just chuck it in the bin and buy a new one, and this time get an extended warranty on it.

I bought it on ebay, and it's white, don't really want to buy a new one either, i hope it sorts itself out too.

To fix this problem, if you haven't yet, first pull off the nub from the front of the PSP:

video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6727404241249879163&q=PSP+nub&pl=true[/url]

then open the PSP with the 5 screws (the ones in red ONLY) shown here:

image.lik-sang.com/content/psp-repair-guide/remove7screws.jpg[/url]

and locate the analog unit. remove the 2 screws attaching it, and follow the instructions to disassemble and reassemble the unit here:

video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7800258867175013512&q=PSP+analog&pl=true[/url]

you will find that the spring popped out of place. Be careful not to lose it, or any other pieces. Good luck, and I hope this solves the problem.

I had this problem with GTA, but with no other games. I think it may just be GTA that is weird like that. Glitch in the programming or something....

thanks alot megalon, im not so sure about opening my psp though. im playing pro evo at the moment and it doesn't seem to be a problem, only seems to get dodgey during virtua tennis and gta. i may just have to operate:P

Exactly the same. I may just have to deal with it. I don't get why sony can't make these things reliable! Stingy bastards :weep:

Because they know that there are (foolish) people out there willing to pay through the nose to get their sony products fixed without opening anything up themseleves, no matter how small a problem it is.

A mate of mine had a problem with his PS2 when he first got, i think the mechanism that spun the disks had a part that was loose or out of place or something, but when he brought it to be repaired it cost him not much more than the actuall consoles price:hmm:

Is there a safe way to open a psp and fix the right directional button on the d-pad?? i think there is something sutck underneath mines

Plz help