NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
monkeyDluffy

more rev info coming?

was just reading the 'nintendo uncovered part 6' about the marketing department and at the bottom are these paragraphs:

“Revolution is coming,†said Jim “and we are working on the software and hardware campaigns in parallel with the software and hardware development. There’s not much I can tell you about it because there are some major things that haven’t been revealed about Revolution, and when they are, you’ll understand that the marketing has to reflect those.

“But there is actually a lot of work happening on Revolution and there’s going to be more and more information coming in the next few months.â€

link:

http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/en/GB/editorial/article.do?elementId=o5PmNsROjU4zILBLj1jgVqSmSgeTDxga

interesting, what else is their?

EDIT: I just noticed that the date for the article was the 9/9/05 and the date for the controller announcement was 16/9/05 so don't know whether their is more, however he does say "there are some major things that haven’t been revealed about Revolution" so maybe their is more?

EDIT2:

http://www.revo-europe.com/news.php?nid=8247

Is the freehand-style controller your trump card, or have we got more exciting stuff to look forward to? Jim Merrick's said in reply: "Let's just say we have more surprises in store."

The Specifications, for one thing. :heh:

And also the controller "shell" which they talked about.

Also, games. Lauch games. Price of console and add-ons/controller. Release date.

So, still quite a lot of information left.

they might actually do it this time to screw with the 360 launch, tee hee!

I also get the feeling that their is something major that they haven't shown yet cause most nintendo spokes persons are saying sort of 'hold on we're not finished yet' kind of thing.

Well they have obviously got to show us actual Revolution games. I expect it to be some of the games they have been working on (like Mario).

I really hope they announce controller add ons like the gun and wheel mockups we recently saw. SSBR is going to make me drool too :heh:

I think the shell, the specs, the games, other add-on, the DVD add-on and some kind of 3D thing that will be used in the coming years in cinemas too - yeah I know sounds like an idea from a blog but it isn't; it's from interviews with Movie Directors and was on IGN - but you probably know about that already.

I think the graphics are really going to surprise a lot of people. Everyone keeps talking about how "underpowered" the revolution is going to be, but I'm not so sure about that. I read an article somewhere which stated that Nintendo had found technology to have graphics on par with those of the ps3 without having nearly as much processing power. As I read somewhere..."never underestimate nintendo!"

i think they didn´t show games because theres something they haven´t shown us. But i can´t imagine anything i´m like out-surprised with the controller and can´t iagine anything else :heh:

Yeah the Revs specs are yet to come, all the online details!!, and i think maybe some other controller attachments could be likely (i loved all the ones in the mock-up thread!).

Nintendo are amazing me more than i could have imagined with the Rev!!

There is more! I reckon more will be announced this year, some could be next month. :hehe:

Pricing/launch date etc.. i reckon will be revealed at E3 2006 (can they do that then?) i reckon it will be out worldwide in 2006. September for Japan, October/November for USA/Europe.

Although i'm always wrong, so take this with a pinch of salt! lol :grin:

653555p1.html

In the nintendo minute on IGN they have reggie this week:

This week's question: Fantastic Revolution controller, but we're never content. When will you announce the real name of Revolution so that we can launch our channel? Could it be this October when Iwata talks Wi-Fi?

Nintendo of America's executive vice president of sales and marketing, Reginald Fils-Aime:

Thanks for your feedback on the controller, Matt. The response has been incredible. People embrace innovation! We're taking a bold direction with Revolution and making sure people understand what this revolutionary controller can and will do has been paramount. We're the only company showing true innovation. The competition even complimented us!

Since our product is so innovative, for us it's too early to reveal all Revolution details. I certainly understand you're anxious to see more. Giving the controller the singular attention it deserved was the right way to go at TGS. In our view, you first need to understand the experience the controller promises to provide... then the games will breathe life into the promise. It's about the experience, not just the games. And the controller will give players a whole new experience!

We will continue to pull the curtain back over the next few months and we expect you'll be there. Until then, you should go ahead and unveil a Revolution (still the code-name) IGN channel. As a huge fan of the online community, I can't wait for you to have a dedicated channel. I promise we'll populate it with information the entire gaming community will love!

lots of stuff coming soon then! :grin:

I'm looking forward to info on the Wifi service and the download service, price isn't too big an issue for me, i'm sure whatever price it comes out at i'll be happy!

have you been living under a rock? on mars? with your eyes closed? and your fingers in your ears? going "LALALALALA"????

Sign in to follow this