NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Nintendo Direct Mini (NOW)

My main disappointment with this direct (and probably why it was called "mini") is that it was mostly updates on titles or DLC we already knew existed. The few new games we got were smaller (albeit interesting) stuff.

In a nutshell, my opinions on the content is:

• Shinsekai and Good Job are going straight into my wishlist. So's Panzer Dragoon;
  • Bravely Default 2 Demo will get played, especially since they're taking feedback. I got some major FFV vibes from that trailer, which is making me consider starting the first one...
  • Great to hear about an ARMS character in Smash. Every time I see Spring Man, or fight a spirit from that series, I get forlorn at the thought that we could've gotten that franchise in Smash, with better timing. Hopefully this will correct that! A shame we couldn't learn who it is just yet, though;
  • Xenoblade's being quietly considered. Don't @ me, I have a dozen RPGs on my backlog.

Everything else, I'm either uninterested or lukewarm for.

Bit late to the party here, but wow! Really nice Direct!

42 All Time Classics getting a sequel!? Of all the DS games? Bloody awesome!! Never thought I'd ever see the day! Can't wait! :D 

Panzer Dragoon out now? Yup, I'll cop that thank you very much!

Mr Driller Drill Land: That JPN only GCN Mr Driller game? The best game in the series? The one that bafflilingly never got a western release originally? Talk about random! I'll gladly take it though :D 

Bravely Default 2 demo was expected, but still much appreciated.  Good Job! looks good too, will look into it at some point.

ARMS character in Smash? Springman is getting Chrom'd so dang hard that it's not even funny :laughing:

Only real disappointment is Ninjala... Actually looks like it would be fun, but F2P means that I'm not going near it with a 40 foot pole sadly.

Overal its Ports and Remasters Everywhere, but at least there are some unexpected surprises too.  Plus, you know... 42 ALL TIME CLASSICS IS GETTING A BLOODY SEQUEL OH MY GOD! :bouncy:

• Like 1

Xenoblade looking a lot more polished than when the remaster was first revealed. I left it a bit late to try the original, might have to give this one a go.

The Episode 1 Racer announcement is very vague. Is it a remake or just a remaster? The Nintendolife article flips between the two terms confusing it even more. 

Although I'm not a huge fan of ARMS, great to see another 1st party title getting the Smash treatment.

55 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

Xenoblade looking a lot more polished than when the remaster was first revealed. I left it a bit late to try the original, might have to give this one a go.

The Episode 1 Racer announcement is very vague. Is it a remake or just a remaster? The Nintendolife article flips between the two terms confusing it even more. 

Although I'm not a huge fan of ARMS, great to see another 1st party title getting the Smash treatment.

It’s a straight port.  No upgrades whatsoever (right down to the original low res 240p HUD).

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jonnas said:
  • Bravely Default 2 Demo will get played, especially since they're taking feedback. I got some major FFV vibes from that trailer, which is making me consider starting the first one...

The Bravely Default series is basically the FFV job system on crack. The thing that truly elevates that system is the fact that as well as the main job you have equipped, each character can also equip a "sub job". The sub job doesn't affect stats, but it does give you access to the battle abilities that you've learned.

So, for example, you can have a Knight who can also cast White Mage spells or a Ninja with access to Summons.

In addition to that you can also equip passive abilities from any job (assuming you have enough slots) to make some truly powerful combos.

If you like FFIII or FFV, I highly recommend Bravely Default.

• Like 1

Panzer Dragoon Remake is up for pre-order now on Limited Run Games...

...yes I ordered it and this is the other one of the two games I ordered today which will be my last for a while.

Just went with the standard edition because, although an extra NTSC Sega Saturn style longbox is cool, I don't need it and I prefer the standard cover art.

Plus it wouldn't really fit in with my PAL Saturn games. ;)

Same deal with Streets of Rage 4... an extra Megadrive case is nice but, I really don't need it... it's arguable that I don't need either of these games physically as well but... ::shrug:

That is it now though, barring anything amazing being announced all other games I can just wait...

here's the line

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - No more games until it's financially viable again - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:blank:

Getting Doom 64 though, with gold points. :p

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this