NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Nintendo Direct Mini (NOW)

Just now, drahkon said:

Pretty much nothing of interest to me in that video...

Did you just skip though it or something?

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

Did you just skip though it or something?

Yup. No need for me to watch 4 minutes of Xenoblades, 2 minutes of 2K games and 4 more minutes of Pokémon ::shrug:

Good Job looks hilarious. :laughing: 

Loving the free Ring Fit Adventure update. Time to fire up the game again. :yay:

I knew i'd need this...

3pfgk2.jpg

:D 

Not a bad Direct but not great either. Considering Nintendo's 6 month silence I was expecting something a little meatier. I'm VERY surprised that no other Wii U port was announced here.

13 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Panzer Dragoon is out today! Someone go wake up @S.C.G :D 

Wait what? Eh?

Nintendo Direct Mini just happened and now this?

I don't know what to say right now... no time to think anyway, article to post. :D

But... this is a good day. :peace:

Just now, S.C.G said:

Wait what? Eh?

Nintendo Direct Mini just happened and now this?

I don't know what to say right now... no time to think anyway, article to post. :D

But... this is a good day. :peace:

Pre-orders for the physical edition start tomorrow over on Limited Run Games.

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Pre-orders for the physical edition start tomorrow over on Limited Run Games.

Good, this was going to be my next question. :D

In the meantime, to those of you who are playing this digitally, enjoy! :peace:

And I'm maybe a little bit jealous. :p

Just now, S.C.G said:

Good, this was going to be my next question. :D

In the meantime, to those of you who are playing this digitally, enjoy! :peace:

And I'm maybe a little bit jealous. :p

I'm holding off for now. We've seen very little footage of the thing and i'm dubious how well the game actually runs/plays. I'll be keeping an eye of impressions from those who have bought it over on Era.

• Thanks 1

The smile on my face is real, so much to like in that Direct. Yes, I’ve heard the lack of first party stuff argument, but that 51 World Games is genius, loved the DS version, instant buy.
2K’ stuff, Burnout, Star Wars Racer, lots to love for me.

Don’t sleep on Shinsekai, people! I played through it on Apple Arcade last year and it is a great game, highly recommended. :cool: 

Loving that Ring Fit Adventure update. I started playing it again recently, so this new content is arriving at the perfect time.

51 Worldwide Games looks rad too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, londragon said:

2K’ stuff, Burnout, Star Wars Racer, lots to love for me.

Hope you aren't planning going physical for them...

The XCOM 2 Collection physical game contains an 8GB cartridge that features two base game missions. A download is required for the rest of the game. Total download size will not exceed 24GB.

6uQGARN.png

The physical game contains an 16GB cartridge including the opening acts of BioShock Remastered, BioShock 2 Remastered, and BioShock Infinite: The Complete Edition. Later game contents and add-ons will need to be downloaded.

Looking at this, it's honestly not even worth putting them on a cart. They may as well just make the whole lot of them digital only.

41 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'm holding off for now. We've seen very little footage of the thing and i'm dubious how well the game actually runs/plays. I'll be keeping an eye of impressions from those who have bought it over on Era.

Post here if impressions are good, interested in picking it up too.

content-4-36186-nintendodirectmini26032020roundupbanner.jpg

Nintendo Direct Mini 26/03/2020 Roundup

All up on the main page, full press release and a link to the video. :peace:

A good presentation I thought, nice variation of games, release dates we were asking for, confirmation on long-rumoured ports and some nice surprises.

As low-key as the announcement was, my favourite thing was Panzer Dragoon announced as being available today... :D

...now I've just got to wait a few months for the boxed version. :)

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 3

Nice surprise to see a direct just pop up with no fanfare but there weren't really many actual surprises in the things itself. Might pick up Panzer Dragoon today, have always wanted to try that series out, but the announcement I was most interested in was the news that Star Wars Episode One Racer was coming out in the near future.

Obviously delighted that Xenoblade is coming so soon and the new epilogue sounds great. When they first showed the collectors edition I thought 'There's no way they'll rope me in to get that' but then I saw the vinyl and the art book - very tempted to shell out for it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Xenoblade Chronicles - Def. Edition (29-05-2020) - Must-buy - Game looks glorious, and the CE looks glorious. Can't wait to have it next to my XC2 CE. Haven't played this one, so I'm looking forward to seeing "the other side of the story".
  • Bioshock - The Collection (29-05-2020) - Unlikely - I still don't have 2 or Infinite, but I'll still get those (especially Infinite, less interested in 2) on PC.
  • Borderlands - Legendary Collection (29-05-2020) - Unlikely - These are fun multiplayer titles, and again I only have the first one, and again I'm more likely to buy on PC in a Steam sale.. Then again as multiplayer titles, the time for these has passed. Maybe if enough people here buy them it could be fun.
  • XCOM 2 - Collection (29-05-2020) - Must-buy - I've wanted this since the launch of the Switch. I rarely play portable, but this is the perfect game for when I do. I love this on PC.
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 - Shadow of Doom DLC (Now) - Unlikely - Looks like cool new characters for those who have the game, which doesn't include me. There's still chance I'll get into this eventually, but chances aren't very high.
  • Shinsekai: Into the Depths (Now) - Likely (but not now) - Looks like a cool setting for (what I assume is) a Metroidvania. Always in for that.
  • Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Bunny Day update (April) - Already playing - I'll see it when it arrives. I'll stock up on crafting materials in the meantime, looks like you'll need 'm.
  • Good Job (Now) - Maybe - Looks like it could be hilarious, but I don't need another game right now.
  • Catherine - Full Body (07-07-2020) - Must-buy - One of those things I missed out on not having a Playstation. Definitely getting this.
  • Ring Fit - update (Now) - Likely - Update looks cool. I'll get the work-our game eventually (to be honest, I could use it now, but don't have the money for it).
  • King's Bounty 2 (2020) - Maybe - Looks like it's up my alley, but could be something I buy on PC instead. Not sure what priority it would have, probably low.
  • Smash Bros. Ultimate - Twintelle DLC (June) - Already bought - Yes! I'd love an Arms character! The fact they didn't announce it outright I think could indicate they're not going for the poster boy and girl, so Spring Man and Ribbon Girl are out I think. So here's hoping for Twintelle! I'd love to get slapped and sat on by Twintelle! Did I say that out loud?
  • Arms - Free Game Trial (Now) - Already bought - Cool to see they're still giving this game some support.
  • Bravely default 2 (2020) - Must-buy - Looking glorious. Can't wait.
  • 51 Worldwide Games (05-06-2020) - Maybe - I'm not interested in most of these games, but I could maybe get it in a sale for the few online cardgames I like.
  • Ninjala (27-05-2020) - Maybe - It looks more fun than the last time I saw it. Could maybe fill in for Splatoon multiplayer. It's free, so I'll probably give it a go. If I have space..
  • Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Academy (Now) - Unlikely - Cool retro fun, but I'm getting this one on PC if ever.
  • Star Wars Episode 1 Racer (Soon) - Unlikely - Also cool retro fun, but probably don't want this on Switch. Cool LAN support though.
  • Panzer Dragoon: Remake (Now) - Likely (but now now) - Never played the original, so nostalgia isn't a factor, but it looks somewhat cool, and I'd enjoy a retro rail-shooter. It's just that right now I have plenty other timesinks.
  • Trials of Mana (24-04-2020) - Likely - I was looking forward to this, but this is getting major competition.
  • Fuser (autumn 2020) - No - I'm not sure what kind of rhythm game this is, but the track selection doesn't appeal from what I saw.
  • The Elder Scrolls: Blades (Spring 2020) - No - This is still a thing? I forgot about it.
  • Warhammer 40000: Mechanicus (May 2020) - Unlikely - Could maybe be interesting as I like strategy games, but I need to see much more gameplay, and I'm not really into the Warhammer universe.
  • Vigor - Closed Beta (09-04-2020) - Unlikely - Not sure what it is, but doesn't look interesting.
  • Burnout Paradise Remastered (2020) - No - Not into racing games in general.
  • Saints Row IV - Re-Elected (27-03-2020) - No - Like the previous one, doesn't look interesting.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (30-06-2020) - Unlikely - I need to look into this more, but I'm not familiar with the previous games, and it looks I have my JRPGs all lined up..
  • Mr. DRILLER DrillLand (25-06-2020) - No - Looks like not my type of puzzle game. Hate the Flash graphics.
  • Mincecraft Dungeons (Spring 2020) - No - Minecraft = pass. Yeah that's a spelling error, but it looks funny, so I'm leaving it as is.
  • Pokémon Sword &Shield - The Isle of Armour (End of June) - Likely - Looks good, and I'll get it eventually.
Edited by Sméagol
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ike said:

Post here if impressions are good, interested in picking it up too.

Reading the impressions, the game seems to be decent but could use some work. It's 30fps but has dips, no gyro controls, new control scheme is fiddly and a bunch of fixes and photo mode will be getting patched in soon. Maybe best to sit this one out until it's a little smoother and has all the content.

Finally caught up, was busy playing games all day and didn't notice the notification on my phone :laughing:

Obviously, I'm in Day 1 for Xenoblade Chronicles. Odd date, and might not get around to playing it on Day 1 (considering what else is launching that day, we'll see), but that looks to be my main game for most of June. I've been waiting to be play it for a few years now since finding out about it when getting more into games, and had to stop myself from buying the 3DS version in hope of a Switch release. It looks great, glad to hear about the additional content, and yeah, I can't wait. As cool as the Collector's Edition looks, I'll probably only pick up the standard version - trying to get into the habit of doing that for games, and it's going okay so far. 

Smart to deliver news on the Bunny Day update for Animal Crossing: New Horizons during this. The game's exploded into the mainstream (and rightly so, I'm loving it!), and it's a good move to capitalise on that and keep that good will rolling forwards. 

Good Job was the only other game which really grabbed my attention; with the little we saw of it, it looked like a lot of fun. Finding it hard to justify the £17.99 price tag with the little we know about the game, so I'm going to wait on some reviews/a price drop. 

The Bravely Default II demo dropping today was a pleasant surprise, but I doubt that I'll get to it anytime soon. 

The Pokémon Sword & Shield: Isle of Armor expansion looks okay so far, so I've got half an eye on that. The main game wasn't my favourite Pokémon game (by a long shot), but I'm interested to see how they handle things with the DLC. And, was it me, or did Kubfu have better animation in that little snippet where he hid behind Mustard's leg compared with most of the animations in the main game (i.e. everything outside of the cutscene with the starters at the very beginning of the game?). This is obviously going to be much smaller and so more work can be done on little things like that, but hey, it's always appreciated. 

All in all, this was a middle of the road Direct Mini for me. Coming out of the blue, with everything that's going on, is great in my opinion - everyone's at home anyways! Would have expected them to handle it differently if most of the first world weren't under lockdown, and appreciated the message at the start about things being subject to change, due in large part to everything that's going on right now. I was already in for Xenoblade, and there wasn't much besides that to really hook me in, in all honesty. 

But happy for those who finally got Panzer Dragoon after how quietly things have been handled with that game, and hey, I've got other things to play for now anyways. Hoping that there's at least one new game that I can say I'm in for on Day 1 in the next Direct, whenever that may be, but for now, I think I'd say that I left content with today's Direct Mini. 

Sign in to follow this