NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Disney+

18 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Looks like some decent fantasy. But I know nothing about Willow, nothing at all, so some of it may be lost on me. 

I don't think I've seen it since I was a kid, so I can't remember all that much about it, but this has me in the mood to revisit it. 

And the film is on Disney+, so I guess there's no excuse :D

Edited by Julius

I highly recommend you give the movie a watch, @MindFreak. It's a fantastic fantasy film and has one of my favourite Val Kilmer performances.

MagnificentPerfectAsianwaterbuffalo-size

Disney+ Day returns on 8th September, leading into D23:

As you'd expect, it's also been posted by the Marvel, Star Wars, and Pixar accounts, so expect news from them too. 

• Thanks 1

Nice, just seen that the new live action Pinocchio releases the same day on Disney+ too. Though none of the remakes will ever do that scene again, (at least I don't think they will) it's the one where all the children are drinking, playing pool and smoking and turn into ass's. I know it wouldn't be the right thing nowadays but that scenes is ingrained in my memory for how it was.

5 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Nice, just seen that the new live action Pinocchio releases the same day on Disney+ too. Though none of the remakes will ever do that scene again, (at least I don't think they will) it's the one where all the children are drinking, playing pool and smoking and turn into ass's. I know it wouldn't be the right thing nowadays but that scenes is ingrained in my memory for how it was.

So, basically what most kids are like these days? :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

There's a stop motion Pinocchio from Guillermo del Toro out this year, one where Pinocchio is a complete and utter prick. That one might have scenes similar to that one.

• Thanks 1

The live action remakes have looked good, but for most I’ve still preferred the animated versions.  I’ve never been a fan of Pinocchio (& until recently I never realised just how little the nose-growing when you lie aspect was actually featured!).  Still, the character created in “Once Upon A Time” was likeable and heroic, so it is possible.

On a separate note, has anyone seen the new Chip N Dale film?  It’s an Easter Egg-filled love letter to fans of old-school children’s TV, movies and games!  I loved the massive list of references!

23 hours ago, WackerJr said:

On a separate note, has anyone seen the new Chip N Dale film?  It’s an Easter Egg-filled love letter to fans of old-school children’s TV, movies and games!  I loved the massive list of references!

I saw it on a whim. Was bored one evening  and I eded up loving it. Loads of Easter eggs to spot, Im sure I need another viewing to spot many I missed 

I watched a bit but wasn't feeling it (one of those times where you're not really watching). Will give it another go. 

Abbott Elementary was released last week too. Heard good things about it and watched the first episode and got Parks and Recreation vibes. 

Light & Magic, the six-part docuseries about ILM, starts streaming 27th July!

:bouncy:

Edited by Julius

I must have missed there was a Predator prequel coming out. It's on Disney+ now so I might give it a watch this weekend.

I wasn't going to bother with Prey but the reviews have been great for it. I'll probably give it a watch over the weekend. Same goes for Lightyear.

Watched the first episode of Light & Magic yesterday, and it's awesome. Feels so great to see people I've read about but couldn't put faces to in a series where they get to talk about their contributions in the early days of Star Wars and ILM, especially John Dykstra (because barely anyone knows about the Dykstraflex and it's one of the most important pieces of filming equipment in Star Wars!). 

Also just want to shout out Imagineering for those that haven't seen it already, as it has similar vibes to L&M (an incredibly polished docuseries which I feel everyone's scrolled by on Disney+ but not necessarily watched). Gaining incite into the Disney theme parks is truly fascinating, logically you can try to understand how much work goes into these enormous projects but you don't really get a grasp on it until you watch something like this. It's one of the best things I've watched on Disney+, hard recommend :peace:

The Indiana Jones films have been added to Disney+ ahead of The Dial of Destiny's theatrical release next month: 

Sign in to follow this