NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Disney+

I'm quite impressed with Disney Plus. After the 7 day trial I renewed for a month and been watching random things, like the Marvel films in the order they came out and any random film I enjoyed as a kid.

I've really enjoyed 'Prop Culture' where a guy goes around finding the props used in classic films. I especially enjoyed the Who Framed Roger Rabbit episode of that show, it was pretty great seeing Christopher Lloyd wearing Judge Dooms Jacket and start to lapse into the character again. I like that Jeff Goldblum show too.

It's a pretty decent streaming service. If I could change anything about it, I would make it so that episodes of shows you have watched are marked as played. Because while watching a series on there, there's no way to see what episode you've watched already when you go back to it a few days later. I watched like 5 minutes of an old xmen cartoon on there the other night before I realised I'd already watched it last week.

Edited by Helmsly
  • Like 2

I see Disney have announced they’ll be premiering Mulan on Disney+ now instead of the cinema. It’ll cost 29.99 though.

1 hour ago, Happenstance said:

I see Disney have announced they’ll be premiering Mulan on Disney+ now instead of the cinema. It’ll cost 29.99 though.

In addition to limited cinema release rather than instead of (at least in America, not sure about here). 

Price is obviously aimed at families which is a shame if you're not one. 

I guess the pricing is somewhat representative of getting a bit of a discount on the average cinema spend. I’d be quite happy to spend $29.99 for a movie I really wanted to see.

I just cancelled by Disney+ subscription, hadn’t really been watching much of it so wasn’t really getting any value from it. Will jut re-subscribe anytime there is something I want to watch on there.

Looks like Black Widow is getting the same Disney+ treatment. If it gets released on the cinema then I’ll go see it there but I’m not paying £30 to stream a movie in my own home when I would have paid about £10 for a much better experience in the cinema.

Edit: apparently the twitter account announcing it was a fake one.

Edited by Happenstance

Very happy with the list of TV shows and movies being added. I'm always watching things like American Dad, Family Guy and Scrubs and having them in the one place is great. Plenty of good movies to watch as well.

I was keeping my subscription anyway due to the Star Wars and Marvel stuff but this makes it that much sweeter.

It looks like they've added all the Star content to Disney+. It's pretty crazy to see stuff like X-files, Sons of anarchy, Commando and Die Hard 2 on there

Edited by Helmsly

And Scrubs! Might actually rewatch it now (even though I've had it on DVD since the beginning).

• Like 1

Dude WHAT!?!? That’s nuts!! The original movie was a big money loser! I can’t believe they’re actually going ahead with a sequel!!

This is awesome!!

The Black Cauldron 2 when Disney?

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

On 5/20/2021 at 7:12 PM, Dcubed said:

Dude WHAT!?!? That’s nuts!! The original movie was a big money loser! I can’t believe they’re actually going ahead with a sequel!!

This is awesome!!

The Black Cauldron 2 when Disney?

Whilst that's true for the time, it's a cult classic now. The amount of fans dying for a sequel with the original Sanderson Sisters (including myself) was unreal. I think if anything, if done correctly, this could make big money.

I'm so bloody excited!!! 

Sat and watched Raya and the Last Dragon yesterday evening. It was pretty good, if very predictable. Disney’s computer animation continues to impress me. The facial expressions that the characters pull are amazing. Sadly, it’s one of those Disney film where there’s no singing. :(

I can see me watching Black Widow on this service. I’m still not to keen on the idea of sitting in the cinema while this pandemic is going on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I can see me watching Black Widow on this service. I’m still not to keen on the idea of sitting in the cinema while this pandemic is going on.

Ah, but I don't think Black Widow contains any singing either..

• Haha 2

Just now, Sméagol said:

Bah. Thanks. You’ve saved me £20.

• Haha 3
  • Weird 1

33 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

🎶 I'm just a lonely black widow, when will I find my Spider-Man?

• Weird 1

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

🎶 I'm just a lonely black widow, when will I find my Spider-Man?

Lin-Manuel Miranda had better watch out!

The IMAX enhanced versions of select MCU films are coming to Disney+ this Friday as part of Disney+ Day. 

The list of films getting IMAX Enhanced editions added are:

• Iron Man

• Guardians of the Galaxy

• Captain America: Civil War

• Doctor Strange

• Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

• Thor: Ragnarok

• Black Panther

• Avengers: Infinity War

• Ant-Man and The Wasp

• Captain Marvel

• Avengers: Endgame

• Black Widow

• Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings

Also, for anyone who has been holding out on picking up Disney+, new subscribers can pick up their first month at £1.99 / $1.99 / €1.99 in an offer which will be running until 14th November, as part of the platform's two year anniversary celebrations. 

Edited by Julius

It's also the release of Shang-Chi on Disney+, if you're into that sort of thing.

Just watched Turning Red, great film. Very funny and a return to top form from Pixar. Would definitely recommend to any one wanting a fun couple hours. 

• Like 1

Willow is coming to Disney+ on 30th November:

It will take place around 20 years after the film. Looks lovely!

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

Looks like some decent fantasy. But I know nothing about Willow, nothing at all, so some of it may be lost on me. 

Sign in to follow this