NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Turnip Prices Thread - Playing The Market In New Horizons

Anyone doing turnips this week? Joan's granddaughter is selling them for 92 bells; I'm thinking of buying in and it would minimise the risk if others are still playing the market.

9 minutes ago, punio75 said:

I still play the market so can keep a lookout for you. 

That'd be great, thanks very much! I will buy some before she leaves.

4 hours ago, darksnowman said:

Anyone doing turnips this week? Joan's granddaughter is selling them for 92 bells; I'm thinking of buying in and it would minimise the risk if others are still playing the market.

Dammit I should have checked here. Only asked on discord.
I buy every week and was at 110 this morning, found a friend who had 105 but no one on discord answered. so went for the high prices. Hopefully will get a good spike this week. I think I’m due. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, BowserBasher said:

Dammit I should have checked here. Only asked on discord.
I buy every week and was at 110 this morning, found a friend who had 105 but no one on discord answered. so went for the high prices. Hopefully will get a good spike this week. I think I’m due. 

Pity! I'd have opened between 11 am-12 if you'd posted. This is the first time I've bought turnips since last March/ April I think, and I'm hoping to rake in enough bells to see me through another year. :hehe:

As usual, I wasn't up, so no idea what my prices were. I had a large spike last week, so I'm not hopeful for anything great this week, so wasn't interested in buying turnips anyway.

Started the week with 145 so it’s a tiny chance of a small spike but most likely a random week. 

13 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Started the week with 145 so it’s a tiny chance of a small spike but most likely a random week. 

73 round my way. Fed it into the predictor tool and apparently I'll be lucky to see 145 this week!

• Sad 1

Looks like I'll be in the 130-180 range from tomorrow PM until Wednsday PM, and that's my lot for the week. What you got @punio75?? Give me a reason not to cash in tomorrow afternoon! :cry:

Right I have 151 which is top end of my random prices. Anyone looking better than that or I’ll sell before noon.  

122 this morning and 150 now for me. It might go a wee bit higher tomorrow before tapering off so I'm going to hold out another day...!!

• Thanks 1

157 this morning which the prediction tools says is going to be my maximum for the week. Gonna sell before noon unless someone swoops in!

18 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

95 this week. I'm thinking of buying in again! :hehe:

I’ll definitely come get some at that price unless I’m lucky to be at less. I’ll be on in a while. Maybe around 10 

28 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Turnips are 92 here. 

Nice one! I'm going to buy at mine as I have about a million bells to spend which would mean several trips back and forward to yours. Fingers crossed we find a nice profit somewhere this week!

• Like 1

When covering my floors in turnips I came across six spoiled batches in my kitchen that I forgot to sell this past week. :cry: 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, darksnowman said:

When covering my floors in turnips I came across six spoiled batches in my kitchen that I forgot to sell this past week. :cry: 

We've all been there. :laughing:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, darksnowman said:

I've only spoiled turnips twice in New Horizons.

Once to catch an ant, the second because the HHA told me I had rubbish in my house.

I was outraged! I had nothing of the sort in my house! It was impeccable.

Until I found there was one single turnip I overlooked because it was hidden behind some furniture...

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Glen-i said:

I've only spoiled turnips twice in New Horizons.

First time for me. :( This week I will have to remember to rotate the camera in every room! @Hero-of-Time donated a spoiled turnip to me about 50 weeks ago that I passed on to help someone else out with an ant for their museum. That turnip has likely long since been binned but I like to think it's still out there doing the rounds. 

It's looking like I could be on for a substantial spike on Wednesday or the back half of the week. Let's see how that pans out. 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

It's looking like I could be on for a substantial spike on Wednesday or the back half of the week. Let's see how that pans out. 

Better than me, I’m on for a very small chance of a small spike but probably another random week.