NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Turnip Prices Thread - Playing The Market In New Horizons

I’ve unfortunately not been recording my prices this week but I maybe on for a big spike if I’ve read them right. I was steadily declining all week and just jumped from 70’s to 143 or something this afternoon. So I’ll check tomorrow’s as it may spike. 

• Like 1

Turnip prices at 298. Opening gates now till around 7:30 as it’s MK night tonight. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Turnip prices at 298. Opening gates now till around 7:30 as it’s MK night tonight. 

Yes please!

I have a small chance (15%) for a large spike. If it's going to happen, it's going to happen tomorrow (tuesday) afternoon. Current price is 131.

570 on Hypatia! Will have gates open for a bit. Loads of spare diy on beach to left of airport

• Thanks 1

I missed those prices. If anyone else has anything good let me know. If mine don’t rise by any amount this afternoon I’m on a decline. 

1 minute ago, BowserBasher said:

I missed those prices. If anyone else has anything good let me know. If mine don’t rise by any amount this afternoon I’m on a decline. 

Apparently there’s going to be a large spike at mine this afternoon, will let you know. :) 

You got your connection sorted out? I couldn’t visit you the other day, Mr. Resetti kept popping up with an error message! :hehe: 

• Thanks 1

Thanks. I know what the problem is. We moved the router and stuff around a little a few weeks ago and the Switch just won’t get a full signal to it. It jumps between 1 and 2 on the signal strength thing. So I just need to be closer to the router. Gonna invest in a signal booster soon. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Thanks. I know what the problem is. We moved the router and stuff around a little a few weeks ago and the Switch just won’t get a full signal to it. It jumps between 1 and 2 on the signal strength thing. So I just need to be closer to the router. Gonna invest in a signal booster soon. 

I’d definitely recommend looking into a wired connection if possible, the Wi-Fi on Switch is pretty bad even with optimal signal conditions.
Ever since I got mine connected via ethernet cable it has been absolutely flawless. 

Edited by RedShell
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, RedShell said:

Apparently there’s going to be a large spike at mine this afternoon, will let you know. :) 

You got your connection sorted out? I couldn’t visit you the other day, Mr. Resetti kept popping up with an error message! :hehe: 

Any news on that tasty sounding large spike at Saltopia?

27 minutes ago, markderoos said:

Any news on that tasty sounding large spike at Saltopia?

490 I think it was. :blank: Want to sell?

*EDIT*

It’s 496. Gates open if anyone’s interested.

Edited by RedShell

6 hours ago, RedShell said:

I’d definitely recommend looking into a wired connection if possible, the Wi-Fi on Switch is pretty bad even with optimal signal conditions.
Ever since I got mine connected via ethernet cable it has been absolutely flawless. 

I second this. My router is in the same room as my switch and it still has issues with the switch WiFi. I got one of those usb dongles a few years back and it’s significantly better with a wired connection.

Edited by Helmsly
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Helmsly said:

I second this. My router is in the same room as my switch and it still has issues with the switch WiFi. I got one of those usb dongles a few years back and it’s significantly better with a wired connection.

Cool. I’ve ordered one and will get it sorted soon. 
as for the spike, apologies when I said it was this morning, it’s cause RedShell told me at 12 and I forgot it was afternoon. Lol

16 minutes ago, Helmsly said:

In that case @RedShell are your gates still open?

Give me a couple of minutes and I’ll open them again, will be on a Dodo code though, I’ll post it in here.

@markderoos, this’ll be the last time I can open the gate today, so if you still need to sell be sure to visit now!

• Thanks 1

A rather disappointing 305 spike on Kyoshi. I’m opening up for anyone that wants to sell. I’ll leave it open for the remainder of the afternoon as I won’t get to play mush AC this evening being MK night. 

Also Redd is here with 1 real painting left. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

A rather disappointing 305 spike on Kyoshi. I’m opening up for anyone that wants to sell. I’ll leave it open for the remainder of the afternoon as I won’t get to play mush AC this evening being MK night. 

Also Redd is here with 1 real painting left. 

That’s good enough for me! :hehe: I shall pop over in a bit, thanks.

• Like 1

For fuck's sake. I have a 75% chance of a large spike Friday Afternoon. I missed buying turnips this week, and it seemed to be a decreasing week up until this point.

• Weird 1

33 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

For fuck's sake. I have a 75% chance of a large spike Friday Afternoon. I missed buying turnips this week, and it seemed to be a decreasing week up until this point.

From my experience and looking at the trends, the prices can fall all week making it look like decreasing until Friday at the latest. There’s three price rises to a large spike so that means you could get falling prices all the way until Friday PM. Then they can go up for a Saturday PM spike. 

53 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

From my experience and looking at the trends, the prices can fall all week making it look like decreasing until Friday at the latest. There’s three price rises to a large spike so that means you could get falling prices all the way until Friday PM. Then they can go up for a Saturday PM spike. 

Yeah I know, they tend to be the largest spikes too.. Problem is I'm not done with the stalk market until I've had the massive satisfaction of selling a full inventory for 500+ on my own island. I've had several large spikes on my island, but none were 500+, except for that infuriating large spike in my first week, where I was unable to buy turnips. So I really hope this isn't it. After several weeks of fluctuating. I sold my turnips last week for a +3 profit. Decreasing would have been great for one of those weeks where I got up too late to buy turnips. AC should be more considerate to us vampires. If I do get 500+ this Friday, I'm going to murder Leif.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

If I do get 500+ this Friday, I'm going to murder Leif.

I’d say that’s random but we’d all do the same. 😂 

• Weird 1