NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Turnip Prices Thread - Playing The Market In New Horizons

How annoyed will you all be when it hits 12pm and my turnips are selling for 600+? :p

25 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

How annoyed will you all be when it hits 12pm and my turnips are selling for 600+? :p

I'll be happy as I missed this until just now :p 

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

I'll be happy as I missed this until just now :p 

My island is still open if you want to risk it.

Thanks a lot @Happenstance! I just popped over and sold a full inventory of turnips. Dropped you a bag of 99k. Enjoy!

I also got reminded at the airport that I still have to use the May Day ticket. Must get on that soon!! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

My island is still open if you want to risk it.

Don't think I've got you as a friend so I think by the time that is sorted, I start up the game, grab my turnips, spend 20 minutes watching the video of me flying etc etc it would have been too tight.  Particularly as I'd need to make two trips due to the amount of turnips I have :p 

Thanks though.

Ok we've dropped down to 185 bells so I'm closing the island. Thanks to everyone who left something for me, you really didn't have to do that but it's much appreciated.

• Thanks 1

I didn't leave anything because you said you'd be afk, and Eddage was around :laughing:

I only left a tip because i felt peer-pressured into doing so.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shorty said:

I didn't leave anything because you said you'd be afk, and Eddage was around :laughing:

Yeah, the real reason I made three trips was just to try and steal all the tips people might have left :p

• Weird 1

I have 370 this morning if it's useful to anybody.

I will take it please! I was hanging on for a high spike just it's going right down to the wire so I'm caving and will be happy with that.

Are you online now?

EDIT - just realised you posted 5 hours ago so probably aren't

6 hours ago, will' said:

46 minutes ago, Mike1988uk said:

I will take it please! I was hanging on for a high spike just it's going right down to the wire so I'm caving and will be happy with that.

Are you online now?

EDIT - just realised you posted 5 hours ago so probably aren't emoji1787.png

Likewise I would take it but I assume with the timezone difference it's gone anyway.

For anyone holding out, my PM price will determine spike or not. Stay tuned. 

Our spike this morning was pretty disappointing 283 so I might keep my eye on others' offerings :D

Yours was disappointing? I went from 128 last night to 121 this morning. Probably going to keep dropping from today.

Edited by martinist

2 hours ago, Mike1988uk said:

Are you online now?

EDIT - just realised you posted 5 hours ago so probably aren't emoji1787.png

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

Likewise I would take it but I assume with the timezone difference it's gone anyway.

Yeah, this was my Asia morning time - sorry guys.

This afternoon I'm down to 189, not so useful anymore.

My predicted maximum for the rest of the week is still 144. Glad I got to sell yesterday at Happenstances!

Does that chart not show you the % chance of the two possibilities like turnipprophet?

15 minutes ago, Shorty said:

Does that chart not show you the % chance of the two possibilities like turnipprophet?

No % usage on that chart. But it’s very accurate  in that his will definitely be one of those two now. 

speaking of, my afternoon was 59 so I’m on a decrease all week now. 

this was my chart before PM price

J699zeR.jpg

and this is after

3OM7Lod.jpg

:'3 I missed my morning price but my afternoon price was 138... I need to get my turnips give XD I'm not liking my chances atm

I'm pretty sure both the possibilities have an equal chance of happening, so it's 50%.

Turnip Prophet just groups all the possibilities together (large spike, fluctuating etc) and works out the percentage based on how many there are of each.
  • Thanks 1

Are you sure about that? For me, it gives a percentage chance against each possibility. Eg earlier this week it showed 6 possibilities of large spike and 6 possibilities for small spike, but it didn't give them equal weighting, large spike was 60% and small spike was 6%. (There was also 34% chance of decreasing)

Are you sure about that? For me, it gives a percentage chance against each possibility. Eg earlier this week it showed 6 possibilities of large spike and 6 possibilities for small spike, but it didn't give them equal weighting, large spike was 60% and small spike was 6%. (There was also 34% chance of decreasing)
I'm not 100% sure no, but whenever I've looked at it, that's what it showed me (mine currently has 5 possibilities of fluctuating, at 20% each).