NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Turnip Prices Thread - Playing The Market In New Horizons

The stalk price is crashing! oh the humanity!

freefall from 394 to 170 this afternoon.

Edited by martinist

So this is my first week in the world of turnip trading... I bought quite a lot on Sunday for 93 bells a turnip (thanks to @Aneres11 for giving me some bells) but my prices to sell so far this week have been awful.

If anyone has any great prices going could they let me know please? I will try and keep an eye on here as well and if possible sell mine on said island if my prices stay rubbish? As long as I make a good profit on my first week at this I am not too bothered.

• Like 1

I have 177 this afternoon with the possibility of it shooting up as high as 554 tomorrow morning. Will update the thread in case @Mike1988uk or anyone else can make use of it. 

5 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

I have 177 this afternoon with the possibility of it shooting up as high as 554 tomorrow morning. Will update the thread in case @Mike1988uk or anyone else can make use of it. 

Sounds great! Hopefully it does! :D

3 hours ago, darksnowman said:

I'll be checking in tomorrow as I've still got some to sell and said I'll help my nephew. I'm either on decreasing or due a spike on Friday.

3 hours ago, darksnowman said:

I'm going to set myself multiple reminders to check this thread! :D

I've got a potential high of 642 tomorrow afternoon... Doubt it will go that high but will let you all know if it does! 

Got 632 :D Opening my gates shortly(edit: gate's open). You got until 11 am uk time.

Also Deena is crafting a hedge standee, it's Angus' birthday so bring a present or buy at the shop(he doesn't accept money, I tried) and if you like watering flowers I placed arrows to point to which I liked watered.

@Mike1988uk @Shorty @Katie

Edited by Tales
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Got 632 Opening my gates shortly(edit: gate's open). You got until 11 am uk time.
Also Deena is crafting a hedge standee, it's Angus' birthday so bring a present or buy at the shop(he doesn't accept money, I tried) and if you like watering flowers I placed arrows to point to which I liked watered.
[mention=2608]Mike1988uk[/mention] [mention=16]Shorty[/mention] [mention=294]Katie[/mention]
So excited! I've just sent you a friend request and can be on your island shortly.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Got 632 Opening my gates shortly(edit: gate's open). You got until 11 am uk time.
[mention=2608]Mike1988uk[/mention] [mention=16]Shorty[/mention] [mention=294]Katie[/mention]
Are you gates still open? Its telling me it can't find any islands to fly too!?

1 minute ago, Mike1988uk said:

Are you gates still open? Its telling me it can't find any islands to fly too!?

Got an error and took the opportunity to update the console. It's open now.

Got an error and took the opportunity to update the console. It's open now.
Cool, thanks.

I will need to do 2 trips. On my second I will buy something from the shop. Does it need to be anything in particular? Bit of a noob. Ha!

1 minute ago, Mike1988uk said:

Cool, thanks.

I will need to do 2 trips. On my second I will buy something from the shop. Does it need to be anything in particular? Bit of a noob. Ha!

For Angus? No, anything will work. I gave him an orange when he denied 10k bells.

• Haha 1

I’m on my way over? What’s the purpose of watering another islands flowers? Sorry I’m a rookie!

5 minutes ago, Shorty said:

I’m on my way over? What’s the purpose of watering another islands flowers? Sorry I’m a rookie!

Increases the odds of spawning hybrids apparently.

For Angus? No, anything will work. I gave him an orange when he denied 10k bells.
Just gave Angus an orange as well, watered some plants until my watering can broke.

Thanks a lot.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, daftada said:

@Tales sent you a friend request, mind if I pop over? Any furniture sets you’re on the lookout for?

Added you. Not in particular I'm looking for.

Thanks again @Tales :)

Now that Nintendo ruined the bug-catching economy I had to make some extra cash with the turnip market to be on the safe side for a few days...

gdz7jG4.jpg

I have now also officially watered more flowers on other persons' islands than on mine :laughing:

• Haha 2

Thanks for letting us visit @Tales - very cool island! We were in a bit of a rush cos we were both late for work by the time we finished :D

• Like 1

Anyone who didn't make it to Tales' place this morning, Timmy and Tommy are buying for 420 bells this afternoon on my island. Leif is also in town for all your shrubbery needs, and I have Angus, whose birthday it is today. 

Let me know if you want to visit. 

Edited by Mr-Paul