NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Turnip Prices Thread - Playing The Market In New Horizons

14 minutes ago, Sprout said:

I guess I forgot to mention so just to be clear, I do intend to keep the gates open until either closing time at 10pm UK time or until everyone has finished their trading (including if you decide you want to make an extra trip or two, or change your mind on how many turnips you wanted to sell), so if you're unable to get in immediately, just keep trying. And I'll let everyone know if the Dodo Code changes for whatever reason, too.

"Looks like someone is on their way here!" and "Looks like someone's ;leaving." shall forever be ingrained into my memory.

Thanks for the heads up, I just got in to sell my turnips.

It's pretty funny seeing so many people come and go. It took me about five minutes to get to Tom Nooks because of the game halting every time someone joins lol

Edited by Helmsly

3 minutes ago, RedShell said:

until seamless online play can be a reality

It should be a reality now...it's just that Nintendo is either incompetent or just doesn't give a shit about their online service. My guess is both.

Thanks again, @Sprout!

Just arrived back at my island to see Sahara from the plane window so I spent some bells immediately and paid off the mortgage too. :cool:

Edited by darksnowman

So am I the only who visisted @Sprout, and didn't bring any turnips? :p Wanted to go shopping, and generally check out the island, but Nook was cleared out, and sprout blocked off the rest. Did get some stuff from Ables though.

But before that I visited @Kaepora_Gaebora, where there was more stuff to do, as he had Sahara walking around. So bought some mystery stuff there.

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

@Sprout I'll be coming around 9pm GMT!

Had a flying visit while phoning my nan but appreciate it!

Less than an hour to go 'til closin' time, pals. Things appear to have slowed down, so if you were unable to sell earlier, or wanted to sell more, you should hopefully get in without too much hassle at this point.Dodo Code is still 03FLN. Mabe is now clooooosed. 

Sorry to those who wanted to explore by the way, but I figured it was for the best to fence everything but the shops off so people could just do their business and let the n-ext person in (and prevent RedShell from vandalising my noticeboard). In all honesty my island and house is a bit of a tip at the moment and the only visitor I have is Leif, so you weren't missing out on much anyways.

Even then, it still turned out rather chaotic, so if another big spike happens in my town in future perhaps there can be a way to make this more organised next time.Maybe a dedicated Discord channel or something that people can queue/chat in "live".

Also, thanks to those who gave tips and gave thanks here and whatnot. I know there were some folks both here and in-game mentionin' adding me as a Switch/New Horizons friend and stuff, but, uh, I couldn't tell who most people were just by their Animal Crossing name, so hit me with a notification here if you were intending on adding me, along with who you were if you wanted to do that for whatever reason.

Edited by Sprout
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Weird 1

23 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Thanks for doing this @Sprout and for your amazing avatar. 

it's no Rick though.

13 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

it's no Rick though.

Obviously, but it's a start

(And nor is mine before someone else points it out)

• Thanks 1

Thanks for opening up to us all, @Sprout! (I was Paul from Motanui)

Glad to have turnips done by Tuesday this week, although I might have a high price later this week which I may have to open my gates for.

It makes me laugh that's I've got an absolutely massive house now yet not a single piece of furniture.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Goron_3 said:

It makes me laugh that's I've got an absolutely massive house now yet not a single piece of furniture.

48b.png

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, martinist said:

Price has spiked to 394.

Not too bad, might start falling at noon.

Haha, similar.

It's 402. Not what Sprout had, still. I'm opening up for a Dutch community, apparently they had low prices so far.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Like 1

Ah man! I was on here checking prices nearly all day then this goldmine sprouts (heh) up right after I log off for the day...

Anyone else still expecting a highish spike soon?

40 minutes ago, Shorty said:

Ah man! I was on here checking prices nearly all day then this goldmine sprouts (heh) up right after I log off for the day...

Anyone else still expecting a highish spike soon?

This is it for me and martinist. If you want my price, you have 30 minutes, I'm CEST. Code is i the other thread.

Edit: I decided to sell all my turnips in my own shop actually. it's plenty, and I'll be paying my final house upgrade with it.

Edited by Sméagol

Just now, Sméagol said:

Ah crap, I decided to sell my turnips on my own island..

Oh, that's just a prediction. I could easily see nothing but 100 +- this week. Just wanted to let people know there could be spike tomorrow morning or Friday.

In my opinion, these prediction aren't that useful, I feel like they're mostly just false hope. They just tell you could get anywhere from 50 to 600 no matter what you type. I don't think I've seen a minimum price that isn't sub 100 even on predicted spikes either. The only useful info I get from this I should really check with Nook tomorrow morning.

1 minute ago, Tales said:

Oh, that's just a prediction. I could easily see nothing but 100 +- this week. Just wanted to let people know there could be spike tomorrow morning or Friday.

In my opinion, these prediction aren't that useful, I feel like they're mostly just false hope. They just tell you could get anywhere from 50 to 600 no matter what you type. I don't think I've seen a minimum price that isn't sub 100 even on predicted spikes either. The only useful info I get from this I should really check with Nook tomorrow morning.

Yeah my prediction was a max of 530 something. It was "just" 400, but still nice, and nice to not have to go through the hassle of picking up all your turnips and taking them to another island haha.