NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Turnip Prices Thread - Playing The Market In New Horizons

Psst...

Hi.

q3TxbQK.gif

You don't wanna sell at Kaepora_Gaebora's island. 'Cause my island is selling turnips for 539 bells.

For now, the Dodo Code to visit Maidens' island of Mabe is 03FLN.

(Sorry if I was too late to stop Aneres11 from selling I am bad at this oh goodness.)

Edited by Sprout
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, Sprout said:

Psst...

Hi.

q3TxbQK.gif

You don't wanna sell at Kaepora_Gaebora's island. 'Cause my island is selling turnips for 539 bells.

(Sorry if I was too late to stop Aneres11 from selling I am bad at this oh goodness.)

Well now. @Kaepora_Gaebora I’m gonna be a shit bag and take Sprout up on this wonderful offer...! Thanks both. Sprout I’m on my way!

18 minutes ago, Sprout said:

Psst...

Hi.

q3TxbQK.gif

Adding you as a friend now!

On my way! 

Edited by Goron_3

I keep getting the 'Looks like we're getting interference' message. Presumably I just need to keep trying?

1 minute ago, Goron_3 said:

I keep getting the 'Looks like we're getting interference' message. Presumably I just need to keep trying?

Yeah. Usually someone has a window open and doesn’t close it. Or other people coming in and going. 

31 minutes ago, Sprout said:

Psst...

Hi.

q3TxbQK.gif

I'll try and swing by between dinner and class!

Someone turned up to my island I think...

Anyway that price is too good to ignore, can't make it myself but I'll close my island up now!

14 minutes ago, Goron_3 said:

If you were going to @Kaepora_Gaebora, then I'm sorry, that was me. Was going home, was at the airport. then went to grab some dinner. I forgot there was one more dialogue confirmation, so when I got back, I was still on his island. :blank:

Edited by Sméagol
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sméagol said:

If oyu were going to @Kaepora_Gaebora, then I'm sorry, that was me. Was going home, was at the airport. then went to grab some dinner. I forgot there was one more dialogue confirmation, so when I got back, I was still on his island. :blank:

Lol I literally have no idea what just happened 😂

5 minutes ago, Goron_3 said:

Lol I literally have no idea what just happened 😂

Are you going to sprouts or still want to come to mine?

Just now, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Are you going to sprouts or still want to come to mine?

Decided to go to Sprouts. Thanks anyway 😊

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

Still open? 

Trying to catch a flight, so looks like it's still open.

Edit: Jesus Christ...this just highlights the horrible online functionality of this game...

Edited by drahkon

Absolute chaos on Mabe. Took me 3 attempts to get home and 2 to sell my turnips. 

We are no better than feral animals :laughing:

• Haha 3

Yeah, I'm gonna just sell one batch for now...either it'll calm down later and @Sprout opens up his island again or I'll wait until tomorrow.

Anyways, thanks @Sprout :peace: Always great to be able to get a "quick" 1.8 million :D

Edited by drahkon

I guess I forgot to mention so just to be clear, I do intend to keep the gates open until either closing time at 10pm UK time or until everyone has finished their trading (including if you decide you want to make an extra trip or two, or change your mind on how many turnips you wanted to sell), so if you're unable to get in immediately, just keep trying. And I'll let everyone know if the Dodo Code changes for whatever reason, too.

"Looks like someone is on their way here!" and "Looks like someone's leaving." shall forever be ingrained into my memory.

Edited by Sprout
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sprout said:

I guess I forgot to mention so just to be clear, I do intend to keep the gates open until either closing time at 10pm UK time or until everyone has finished their trading (including if you decide you want to make an extra trip or two, or change your mind on how many turnips you wanted to sell), so if you're unable to get in immediately, just keep trying.

You are a good man. :)

I have enough turnips for 3 more trips but it's a bit of a hassle right now. Gonna do some work and try again in an hour or two :peace:

18 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Trying to catch a flight, so looks like it's still open.

Edit: Jesus Christ...this just highlights the horrible online functionality of this game...

Yep, it’s by far the worst part of the entire game. If they’d have just managed to get this stuff working in the background somehow... it would’ve been oh so sweet! I still hope they won’t release another game in the series now until seamless online play can be a reality, just no point, I mean it’s practically unplayable with the current system. :hmm: 

Anyway, cheers for that @Sprout :) I hope that I can return to your island one day in the future, when it’s possible to actually move around and stuff. :heh: 

Edited by RedShell
  • Haha 2