NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Turnip Prices Thread - Playing The Market In New Horizons

Sold mine at a loss in the end. Will try again in Sunday with what i got back in return.

I save 10 turnips back to try and catch some ants - does it work in your house, or does it need to be somewhere you can get your net out?

2 hours ago, Ugh first aid said:

:'3 my prices seem to be on the increase. 157 this afternoon. It was really bad at the start of the week

If they have been going down all week, this could mean a spike tomorrow for you. 

2 hours ago, Ike said:

My are 524 if anyone still needs to sell theirs.

Absolutely gutted I missed this. I totally forgot that they close at 10pm and i've only seen this message.

Last day tomorrow...

Yo, for the newbies: do not run through flowers! :p

Edit: damn multiple threads haha

Edited by Sméagol

I'm struggling to find anyone with a decent turnip price today. Mine have been terrible every time I checked. Can anyone help me out this afternoon?

I was too hungover to buy turnips last week so I haven't really been checking the prices. 116 bells this afternoon though but thats not all that high to be honnest.

I'll buy some tomorrow morning and start Monday.

Edited by martinist
haven;t changed to haven't

Just now, martinist said:

I was too hungover to buy turnips last week so I haven't really been checking the prices. 116 bells this afternoon though but thats not all that high to be honnest.

I'll buy some tomorrow morning and start Monday.

If you don't mind, can I come over to sell mine? I have 50 something. Should have sold them thursday, since I forgot I wouldn't have a shop yesterday.

4 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

If you don't mind, can I come over to sell mine? I have 50 something. Should have sold them thursday, since I forgot I wouldn't have a shop yesterday.

sure, i'll just get on and open the gates now.

EDIT: gates are open. Price is actually 113

Edited by martinist
  • Thanks 1

I managed to sell my turnips at a profit in the end, but probably not a lot. I'm not being funny, but this part of the game feels like actual stress I can do without. Don't think I'll be going in to buy turnips every week.

I managed to sell my turnips at a profit in the end, but probably not a lot. I'm not being funny, but this part of the game feels like actual stress I can do without. Don't think I'll be going in to buy turnips every week.
If you're willing to use Twitter or Animal Crossing-specific community websites it's a dead cert you'll sell them for loads. Just got to look in the right places and try not to let the insane load times/people joining get to you.

3 minutes ago, Sheikah said:
5 minutes ago, Tim B said:

If you're willing to use Twitter or Animal Crossing-specific community websites it's a dead cert you'll sell them for loads. Just got to look in the right places and try not to let the insane load times/people joining get to you.

These people all seem to be asking for silly tips though. Like some of them want more in tip than I will earn from the turnips. People don’t realise not everyone powergames AC...

These people all seem to be asking for silly tips though. Like some of them want more in tip than I will earn from the turnips. People don’t realise not everyone powergames AC...

Not all of them, a lot just say tips appreciated (especially on twitter) so you can even leave just one 99k bag for all your runs, or just a nice furniture. A lot want nook mile tickets these days anyhow (it's sort of become the main currency for trades), which essentially cost no bells at all to acquire.

I also wouldn't say turnips really have anything to do with power gaming, because it's so easy and quick to buy some turnips and sell them. In my opinion it's more or less broken in this game and renders all other forms of money making a bit of a waste of time. And even if you don't have much money to buy turnips to begin with, just by putting the profits back into turnips each week you'll soon be able to buy a lot.

Last point on this - I'm pretty sure every single week there's been a user on here too with 500+ sell price and no tip requirement (often even more than one user per week). It's a good idea to check on this topic a couple of times a day.

clearly you’re underestimating how different our financial situation as your “even just” is more money than I made on my last exchange :heh: and the suggestion that I would require multiple runs :D

• Like 2

clearly you’re underestimating how different our financial situation as your “even just” is more money than I made on my last exchange :heh: and the suggestion that I would require multiple runs 

That sucks, but if you can find a place with a turnip sell price of 500 then you'll only need to spend more than 20k on turnips to sell for more than that one 99k bag.

Currently buying at 107.

That's the most expensive they've been so far.

17 minutes ago, Sheikah said:
51 minutes ago, Shorty said:
clearly you’re underestimating how different our financial situation as your “even just” is more money than I made on my last exchange :heh: and the suggestion that I would require multiple runs emoji3.png

Well if you can find a place with a turnip sell price of 500 then you'd have to be spending less than 20k on turnips to not even make 99k. You can get over 16k bells a day just hitting 1 rock!

I did find somewhere selling in Saturday evening for 500+ but there was a queue, I entered in 98th position at 8pm, by 9pm I was 38th, and then suddenly the gate closed :blush:

There’s only one money rock between two of us, and I don’t play every day. I do know I could’ve got a good deal if I’d come here on Thursday but I just didn’t get chance to look that day.

It’s not like I’m complaining here, I don’t really mind how things turned out, just that not everyone plays the game the same, I’m happy with a much more chilled approach. If it takes me months/years longer than everyone else to build my house, I don’t mind 

• Like 1

Bought 2500 turnips at 98 bells each. That was my whole weeks graft of selling bugs, so fingers crossed i get a spike this week!

49 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

98 Bells here on Izumo.

29 minutes ago, punio75 said:

99 here. 

Eiteher of you opening gates. She’s selling at 105 here.