NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Turnip Prices Thread - Playing The Market In New Horizons

Got 79 bells this morning, which is crap, but the calculator is predicting a possible huge spike midweek.

HODL!

What is the best calculator to use to check for potential spikes? 
Could anyone possibly link it please? :) 

Down to 81 for today PM. Currently tracking for a 590 maximum sometime in the second half of the week. I'll believe it when I see it.

1 hour ago, Aneres11 said:

Ah I used that last week. 
Gave me nothing but lies upon deceit upon deceit upon lies. 

It correctly predicted my spike though.

It doesn't give you one guaranteed result, I should note, rather some possibilities. Like, you could actually just be having a random turnip pattern that looks like a trend, but isn't.

The way it predicts large spikes is also rather circumstantial. It usually requires you to keep having decreasing prices up to a point, followed by a set of peaks. So when you plug in your prices it can tell you that a peak might be coming later in the week - but if you get too late in the weak without a peak (e.g. after Friday), my understanding is that it's then too late to fit in the big peak model, so that becomes impossible.

TL;DR: it lists possibilities, not certainties. But if your game triggers the big peak sequence of prices, it'll tell you that much.

Edited by Sheikah
  • Like 1

Calculator says I potentially have a large spike tomorrow morning. I'll keep you guys posted.

Pretty sure both of those use the same equations, just the first one plots the numbers.@Aneres11 you might have just ended up with one of the unlucky potential timelines that wasn't a peak?

My afternoon value was 74, which means i could have a potential peak of 548 at some point this week. Alternatively, i could have no peak, and make a loss.

• Like 1

Yeah it was predicting a spike every day of the week which never came. The spreadsheet one is a little easier to read so will go with that one this week! 

• Thanks 1

Turnip prophet suggests if I go up again tomorrow morning, I could be looking at a big spike tomorrow afternoon, fingers crossed!

16 minutes ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Turnip prophet suggests if I go up again tomorrow morning, I could be looking at a big spike tomorrow afternoon, fingers crossed!

If you do get a good rate be sure to let us know and throw open your gates. I for one am more than happy to sell up early in the week if something decent comes along.

11 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

It's like I'm reading a thread of some bitcoin investers!

With Animal Crossing being locked to your Switch, it is even more secure than Blockchain. :laughing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

With Animal Crossing being locked to your Switch, it is even more secure than Blockchain. :laughing:
If you dont pay for Nintendo Online like me, its basically an offline wallet.
  • Haha 1

59 this morning, 55 this afternoon.

Spreadsheet suggests I won't get a high beyond 180 this week, so will definitely be travelling to sell. I guess I can't have it all at home after buying for 90 yesterday...

Expecting a potential spike of up to 594 this afternoon. If it happens I'll open up from about 4pm U.K. time. 

• Thanks 1

How i feel, checking the turnip prices at the Nook Stop:
?m=02&d=20200311&t=2&i=1501804329&r=LYNXMPEG2A1Z0&w=1280

How i feel when plugging the numbers into the ac calculator:
wolf-wall-street.jpg

71 bells this morning. If i am to have a spike, it'll be late this week!

• Haha 2
  • Weird 1

207 this morning, which, according to Turnip Prophet (in love with that punnage) means I should be on for a large spike this afternoon...

1 hour ago, Nicktendo said:

Expecting a potential spike of up to 594 this afternoon. If it happens I'll open up from about 4pm U.K. time. 

Amazing. Do let us know! :) 

78 this wet and dark morning and, bad news for the stalk market, Isabelle gleefully announced that Nook's Cranny will be closed tomorrow for the upgrade. 

Ugh, only 185 bells...

If anyone does want to sell at that price, let me know and I’ll open up later. 

475 this afternoon! 

If anyone wants to sell I'll be available most of the afternoon, not in the next hour though, so @ me and ill set up a dodo code later for anyone who wants to sell 😊

• Like 1