NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Turnip Prices Thread - Playing The Market In New Horizons

15 hours ago, Tales said:

Some of the entry fees on that site is kinda dumb. One requires 3x99k before selling. Not only can you not arrive with a full inventory of turnips(two slots has to be reserved for money bags) but he can boot you of the island after you dumped the money and before you sell.

Having entry fees is just the beginning. How about Animal Crossing Players Are Now Hiring Turnip Bouncers? It's both extremely funny but also sad that this is happening. Very creative though. 

15 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Having entry fees is just the beginning. How about Animal Crossing Players Are Now Hiring Turnip Bouncers? It's both extremely funny but also sad that this is happening. Very creative though. 

I have also seen that there is a market for villagers. I only think fondly of some villagers from Wild World because it was my first AC and they were my first villagers but that is all. The only one I would have back is Bluebear. When she upped sticks it wasn't long until I stopped visiting my Wild World village. Having her photo just wasn't enough. :( 

So, unless they add something to the game I am oblivious to, the animals can come and go as they please for all I care!

23 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

I have also seen that there is a market for villagers. I only think fondly of some villagers from Wild World because it was my first AC and they were my first villagers but that is all. The only one I would have back is Bluebear. When she upped sticks it wasn't long until I stopped visiting my Wild World village. Having her photo just wasn't enough. :( 

So, unless they add something to the game I am oblivious to, the animals can come and go as they please for all I care!

She's in my village. It's a toss up between her and Marshal as to who I like the best. She's adorable and the tune that plays in her house reminds me of Kakariko village.

• Angry 1

Not been too impressed with my villagers this time around. I got Henry very easily from the amiibo cards and he's just the best, but apart from Cherry, Rosie and Klaus I'm not that keen on the rest. 

If anyone wants Diana, Deli or Marina, the second any of them say they want to be off I'm letting them go.

7 hours ago, Mr-Paul said:

Yes, vote with your wallet, of course, but why not discuss too?! 

You're exactly quoting my post that anwsers that the most succinctly. It doesn't do anything. Nothing. Only ignoring it does.

2 hours ago, Sméagol said:

You're exactly quoting my post that anwsers that the most succinctly. It doesn't do anything. Nothing. Only ignoring it does.

Sure, it achieves nothing, but so does most conversation on here! It was an interesting chat to have. A lot of us agreed and shared our opinions on it. Therefore, it had value. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

66 bells... Crap...

Someone please save me!!!

• Sad 1

66 bells... Crap...

No one can help you. You must face the Gazebo alone.
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

66 bells... Crap...

I’m on for a small spike tomorrow. No higher than 300 if that helps. 

4 hours ago, Ugh first aid said:

8'D 77 bells this afternoon...I don't think this is a good week for me.

40 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

66 bells... Crap...

3 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

I’m on for a small spike tomorrow. No higher than 300 if that helps. 

How come you three missed out on my open gates yesterday evening?? :blank:

11 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

I'm gonna put it down to stubbornness.

"There'll be a better price later, I'm sure of it"

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I'm gonna put it down to stubbornness.

"There'll be a better price later, I'm sure of it"

You're another one!

1 hour ago, darksnowman said:

Yup. Going with “it was only Tuesday, I’m sure there will be better”. Plus I was on a potential 600+ spike. 

Edited by BowserBasher

7 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Yup. Going with “it was only Tuesday, I’m sure there will be better”. Plus I was on a potential 600+ spike. 

Last week Katie had 400+ so everyone flocked to her island, including me. Then I got 585 something the next day so the few that missed Katie visited me. Then whoever it was had 600+ the next day and got like one or two visitors.

So I'm not doing the same mistake again. I'm waiting for better prices. Not going to be my island though :phttps://ac-turnip.com/#98,51,47,43,39,35,31

Edited by Tales

2 hours ago, Tales said:

Last week Katie had 400+ so everyone flocked to her island, including me. Then I got 585 something the next day so the few that missed Katie visited me. Then whoever it was had 600+ the next day and got like one or two visitors.

So I'm not doing the same mistake again. I'm waiting for better prices. Not going to be my island though :phttps://ac-turnip.com/#98,51,47,43,39,35,31

I think the 600+ was me. I know I had that last week. 

8'D I found a place and made a nice 5.5 mil profit! I tipped them nicely... <3  I sold for 519 per turnip! I'm well chuffed! Thank you Late night playing! <3 

I will say... It feels weird turning up to some random persons place... :'3 they didn't ask for any fee... So I gave 200k per trip I made...total tip was 600k <3 my new norm is 200k a trip now that I am so deep into the stalk market. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I bought for 94 bells and have been on a slow decline price wise all week. 

Never visited anyone on here as I was looking like a spike was coming my way bit it hasn't and I've had a price of 64 this morning.

The calculator shows a spike increase tomorrow PM so will have to wait and see. I invested so much lol so could be poor by Saturday morning, but that's what I get for my greed. :(

4 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

The calculator shows a spike increase tomorrow PM so will have to wait and see. I invested so much lol so could be poor by Saturday morning, but that's what I get for my greed. :(

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

This calculator thing is shite. 

zjL6NrC.jpg

Can anyone help out? 

I bought for 94, so even breaking even would satisfy?!

1 minute ago, Aneres11 said:

I bought for 94, so even breaking even would satisfy?!

My price is currently on 123 if you are desperate to sell.

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

My price is currently on 123 if you are desperate to sell.

That could work. Watch someone get 500 odd tomorrow haha. 

I am working currently but am free later if you are?

1 minute ago, Aneres11 said:

That could work. Watch someone get 500 odd tomorrow haha. 

I am working currently but am free later if you are?

Yeah, just give me a shout and i'll open the island up for you.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 1