NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Turnip Prices Thread - Playing The Market In New Horizons

Add me to the ongoing list please! :bowdown: I'm pretty flexible on time so just let me know. 

1 hour ago, Goron_3 said:

Edit. Just realised your Switch code isn't in the other thread. Mind popping it here?

I've just added it to the list. Everyone should be able to add him now.

I'm going to try my luck and see if anyone has 500+ this week! :laughing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm at the point now where I have more money than I reasonably need, so might tone down the turnip purchases on Sunday. Having shitloads of turnips stops me ever doing anything with my house because the floor is always littered with the things. :laughing:

7 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

I'm at the point now where I have more money than I reasonably need, so might tone down the turnip purchases on Sunday. Having shitloads of turnips stops me ever doing anything with my house because the floor is always littered with the things. :laughing:

This will probably be my last big turnip purchase.. Pretty sure I don't need more money after this.

But I think I will make it a tradition of buying 850 turnips from my local Daisy Mae because she's adorable and she give you stuff for buying turnips.

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I've just added it to the list. Everyone should be able to add him now.

Dsn1B6BXgAAnh3j.jpg

Plenty of people are on my Switch from doing a 3DS import but if not let me know throughout the evening!
For example, @Lazyboy you don't need to add me, just accept my request that I sent the other night and don't be so... lazy.

@Ronnie I don't mind accommodating you. I just said 4:30 start to try to give the biggest window possible. It won't be my turn every week so it isn't a problem to stay in this evening to let you all through!

I am going to open up now. Shop is north east from the airport. There is a bridge behind the museum that will take you straight to it. There are recipes and fossils at the airport that are fair game,  but if you go on the beach to the right I just ask that you leave that stuff alone for now until I sort through it, thanks!

Would like but not mandatory:
- One cherry.
- A bag of seeds that is not red-mum, red-windflower, white-tulip, white-windflower, yellow-mum or yellow-tulip.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Can't believe @nekunando had the cheek to teleport us back to the airport like that!

I wondered what happened, I had just sold all the turnips and then suddenly was back at the airport and had to do it all over again!

Just now, Eddage said:

I wondered what happened, I had just sold all the turnips and then suddenly was back at the airport and had to do it all over again!

Same! Is it because he just quit and didn't leave via the airport?

Thanks for that, @darksnowman. I managed to get into a couple of 500+ towns this morning but had a few left over and figured I would just take you up on your offer. I know you didn't want them but tips are always dished out if turnips are being sold. Enjoy.

5 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Can't believe @nekunando had the cheek to teleport us back to the airport like that!

Did I..? I don't know how it works :red:

I couldn't stay long! I sold my turnips, nabbed a freebie or two and saw a quality DK painting :grin:

Once I was done I returned to my island.. why would that put you all back to the airport? Is that Nintendo being Nintendo..?

Thanks for the turnip sales!

1 minute ago, nekunando said:

Did you just quit via the - button? 

6 minutes ago, nekunando said:

I couldn't stay long! I sold my turnips, nabbed a freebie or two and saw a quality DK painting :grin:

Once I was done I returned to my island.. why would that put you all back to the airport? Is that Nintendo being Nintendo..?

Thanks for the turnip sales!

I was hoping you would see the underway DK painting but you bolted before I could track you down and check ingame!

Yeah I have been reset to the airport on other islands but I thought it was because the people got disconnected. I guess exiting through the minus button does that... and it means I have been consistently doing the same to people when I visit. LOL.

@Hero of Time The bells are of course appreciated, my island is very much a work in progress so the cash will go towards a new bridge or slope!

Edited by darksnowman
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Did you just quit via the - button? 

Yeh.. but I didn't realise there was a difference. I should just have went to the airport then?

At least I'll know for next time :red:

2 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

and it means I have been consistently doing the same to people when I visit. LOL.

Oops, I did that to someone a couple of days ago too :blush:

Just now, nekunando said:

Yeh.. but I didn't realise there was a difference. I should just have went to the airport then?

I'm just assuming that's what it was. On the Turnip Exchange site they tell people to leave via the airport and I always wondered why. Maybe this is the reason for it?

Oh I didn't realise that! I've been doing that version of leaving too, it's so much easier! 

Nintendo gonna Nintendo. 

Might have to pop over later if you're around still darksnowman, though might save some of my turnips in case someone has 500+ another day (and because I've got two trips worth!) 

Same! Is it because he just quit and didn't leave via the airport? Thanks for that, [mention=384]darksnowman[/mention]. I managed to get into a couple of 500+ towns this morning but had a few left over and figured I would just take you up on your offer. I know you didn't want them but tips are always dished out if turnips are being sold. Enjoy.

There's a bit of an issue with the way this game handles saving.

If a person tries to leave someone else's island, and everyone else doesn't close their windows in time, the person trying to leave will eventually get a 10 second timer appear on their screen. If they let that timer run out then they will leave the game - but it won't have saved anything for anyone since the last save. After they leave this way it then forces everyone else left to reload from the last time it saved (spawning at the airport), meaning all progress since last save is lost. The person who left also loses everything since the last save.

In other words, never leave by letting that timer run out. And everyone else, close your menu windows to prevent this from happening.

It's worth noting this issue also occurs if someone quits by force closing the software via the Switch menu, or turns off their system, or has a crash. The online in this game be super shit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Dsn1B6BXgAAnh3j.jpg

Plenty of people are on my Switch from doing a 3DS import but if not let me know throughout the evening!
For example, @Lazyboy you don't need to add me, just accept my request that I sent the other night and don't be so... lazy.

I am going to open up now. Shop is north east from the airport. There is a bridge behind the museum that will take you straight to it. There are recipes and fossils at the airport that are fair game,  but if you go on the beach to the right I just ask that you leave that stuff alone for now until I sort through it,

Cheers mate, easy 1.2m. Enjoy the strange gift.

Yeh.. but I didn't realise there was a difference. I should just have went to the airport then? At least I'll know for next time :red:

You can leave using the - button, just don't let the timer run out (if it gets to that point). The timer only pops up after a short time, and only because other people aren't closing their menus/dialogue screens.

16 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

There's a bit of an issue with the way this game handles saving.

If a person tries to leave someone else's island, and everyone else doesn't close their windows in time, the person trying to leave will eventually get a 10 second timer appear on their screen. If they let that timer run out then they will leave the game - but it won't have saved anything for anyone since the last save. After they leave this way it then forces everyone else left to reload from the last time it saved (spawning at the airport), meaning all progress since last save is lost. The person who left also loses everything since the last save.

In other words, never leave by letting that timer run out. And everyone else, close your menu windows to prevent this from happening.

It's worth noting this issue also occurs if someone quits by force closing the software via the Switch menu, or turns off their system, or has a crash. The online in this game be super shit.

Thanks for clearing that up. Yeah, sounds a bit messy but good to see you can still use the - button to leave an island without any issues.

5 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Love it!! :D

Just added you as a friend (AnilP228). Happy for me to pop over now?