NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Turnip Prices Thread - Playing The Market In New Horizons

Mine have been on a steady decline, started the week on 82 and has gone down bit by bit to 70 this afternoon. No rise at any point. Who knows if a spike will come. 

194 in my town today. I'm thinking I'll hold out a bit longer yet though...

I Think I've only seen prices around 50 this week, but I missed a few mornings.

Edited by Sméagol

31 minutes ago, Ugh first aid said:

Oof 76 bells now... I decided to hold onto my Turnips...was that wise? Or a mistake

:laughing:

• Sad 1

Been about 80 the past three days, morning and afternoon, this morning it went up to 96 and now 114.

155 this morning up to 195. I’ll check if people wanna fish selling now and open up later if anyone says so. Might get a good price tomorrow. 

Sold my turnips today for about 5 million bells - a kind twitter person opened up their island earlier. It's quite easy to find places to sell turnips this way, leaving a tip/furniture piece is a polite way to say thanks.

Just managed to squeeze into a town over on Era that was buying for 550 a piece. More than happy with my return.

Here's the code for those who want to try and get in.

MV0K7

@Sheikah if you do find islands that are doing open hosting then post the code on here. I've been doing it for the ones on Era and it would help everyone on here if we all pitched in, especially when our own player pool is pretty small.

Mine has been on a steady decline, down to 66 this morning then 61 this afternoon... Might have to try and get into one like suggested above... 

I'm at 148 bells now, which isn't bad, I suppose. Holding off for now.
That ERA code has expired unfortunately. Still hoping I'll get a bigger spike tomorrow. 

39 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Just managed to squeeze into a town over on Era that was buying for 550 a piece. More than happy with my return.

Here's the code for those who want to try and get in.

MV0K7

@Sheikah if you do find islands that are doing open hosting then post the code on here. I've been doing it for the ones on Era and it would help everyone on here if we all pitched in, especially when our own player pool is pretty small.

Sorry I forgot to note that I was the last batch of visitors before she closed the gates, and she was only giving out her dodo code to people who DM'd her first. I do think this is a better way of doing it (rather than publicly sharing a dodo code), as I had real network issues the other day when so many people were joining that Resetera one.

I will share the way I did find a place to sell though: I did a search for "dodo turnip" and filtered by latest on Twitter (easy link here). I'm quite confident that it would be easy for anyone to sell turnips each week this way if they're willing to visit a rando. I think this is a pretty good way to do it too, because I found there were far fewer other visitors this way (especially if you find a town that has only just been posted).

For instance someone just posted 3 minutes ago the dodo code KX10D, with a turnip selling price of 509 bells.

Edit: corrected the dodo code.

Edited by Sheikah
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

Sorry I forgot to note that I was the last batch of visitors before she closed the gates, and she was only giving out her dodo code to people who DM'd her first. I do think this is a better way of doing it (rather than publicly sharing a dodo code), as I had real network issues the other day when so many people were joining that Resetera one.

I will share the way I did find a place to sell though: I did a search for "dodo turnip" and filtered by latest on Twitter (easy link here). I'm quite confident that it would be easy for anyone to sell turnips each week this way if they're willing to visit a rando. I think this is a pretty good way to do it too, because I found there were far fewer other visitors this way (especially if you find a town that has only just been posted).

For instance someone just posted 3 minutes ago the dodo code KX10D, with a turnip selling price of 509 bells.

Edit: corrected the dodo code.

Worked a treat, first time I've done this so annoyingly with everyone coming and going you can't get to the shop with all the loading screens!

Thanks @Sheikah 

Also @Tales think we are both here, I'm using my girlfriend's switch under the name Hetty 👍

• Like 1

Yeah, I just went there myself. Flying home with 2 million. Don't know what the custom is but I left her 10k. Only island owner can take the money I hope because someone picked it up :p

Still got 700 turnips left, but I don't want to bother everyone else with another trip. I will sell tomorrow in my town or someone else here on N-E

Edited by Tales

Ok check this out. Some guys on reddit have been data mining the turnip trends or something and have found out the patterns. They have made this interactive spreadsheet that you can use to determine your estimated prices. 
Ive been watching it and it seems to be very accurate for everyone using it. I just checked mine and it seems that either my prices now or tomorrow am will be my best. 

• Thanks 2

Managed to get to a Twitter island for 515 bells per turnip. A nice half a mill from an investment of 100k! Left a 20,000 tip.

Glad that's sorted. That'll pay off my next Nook loan and help pay for this Sunday's turnips!

The online for this - arriving and leaving islands - is truly atrocious.

Time to get down to BUSINESS.

Edit: His town is called Tubtime :laughing::laughing::laughing: 
I left some appropriate gifts.  

Edited by Nicktendo

Found someone with 607 that I sold for. So a good little 607,000 bells made. That should let me buy a lot more this Sunday. 

I love this Dodo code feature if people are going to be generous like this. Yeah it can be a pain when loads try to get in but it’s a good idea from Nintendo as a way to visit towns and not have to be friends. 

• Like 1

If anyone still wants to sell, I've got an afternoon price of 309 bells...

Mention me and I'll set up a dodo code in an hour or so if you do!

9 minutes ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

If anyone still wants to sell, I've got an afternoon price of 309 bells...

Mention me and I'll set up a dodo code in an hour or so if you do!

I'll stop by @Kaepora_Gaebora

edit: I don't know how to mention people appearently so I hope a quote will do :p

Edited by Tales
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tales said:

I'll stop by @Kaepora_Gaebora

edit: I don't know how to mention people appearently so I hope a quote will do :p

Opening my island up now, dodo code is: 

1PL6J

I'm going to leave my switch on and do other stuff, if you can make it on in the next hour or so that's perfect, if not I'm in all afternoon so can go back on later.

If anyone else knows anyone who hasn't sold at a big price and wants to make some money then let anyone know the code! 

And also Cherries and Oranges are very welcome...