NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Friend Codes, Fruit, Trading and Photo Thread For Animal Crossing

31 minutes ago, Tales said:

The hyacinths? In addition to the blue, seed white hyacinths have a 50% chance of spawning a white one with the same genes(001) and a 25% chance of spawning a white one with the genes 000. The latter cannot breed blues. Also a checkerboard pattern is generally bad pattern, you end up with a lot of clones. You can keep trying, or start over making sure you only use seeds bought from the shop.

Here's some reading material for layouts and the calculator I used.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1anxm3WwEKyh0_-l_lZIAUETaa_q432Px3griacQ3NcU/preview

https://gardenscience.ac/

Thanks for the links, having trouble wrapping my head around the first one, but the second, I bought all my white hyacinths from Nook's Cranny, so dragged those over into this patern and it seems to suggest I have a 25% change of getting blue hybrids? I see what you mean about not using a checkerboard pattern now.

ScreenShot20200524at.jpg

9 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Thanks for the links, having trouble wrapping my head around the first one, but the second, I bought all my white hyacinths from Nook's Cranny, so dragged those over into this patern and it seems to suggest I have a 25% change of getting blue hybrids? I see what you mean about not using a checkerboard pattern now.

ScreenShot20200524at.jpg

Maybe this one is easier to understand. There's a lot of useful information too. Page 7 and 16-18 speaks about the checkerboard/x pattern.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XPAaPUvGMWQ-n5sBLV3jM78QKxqKjiGCzx5HnD7K5RI/preview

18 minutes ago, Tales said:

Maybe this one is easier to understand. There's a lot of useful information too. Page 7 and 16-18 speaks about the checkerboard/x pattern.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XPAaPUvGMWQ-n5sBLV3jM78QKxqKjiGCzx5HnD7K5RI/preview

Very useful, thanks!

Way more in-depth than I realised :eek:

The next issue I have is I've run out of space! Really hoping if Leif gets his own store at some point down the line they could give us a separate greenhouse attachment or something where we have lots of space to breed flowers.

Edited by Ronnie

Filbert is giving away Wooden Chest DIYs (it's a dresser, not a treasure chest :p)
Island is open for a bit.

Does anyone have a black phone box they want to trade for a white or red one (I have both of those). 

2 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

Does anyone have a black phone box they want to trade for a white or red one (I have both of those). 

Think I can order one (if you don’t mind waiting until tomorrow) would love to trade for a red. :) 

Just now, RedShell said:

Think I can order one (if you don’t mind waiting until tomorrow) would love to trade for a red. :) 

Yeah that’d be great! No rush. I have a spare red so when you’re ready to trade let me know! 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RedShell said:

:o Could you order one for me, as well? Let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do :peace:

Just now, drahkon said:

:o Could you order one for me, as well? Let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do :peace:

No problem.

Unless you have a Lucky cat that you don’t need, :heh: there isn’t really anything else I want.

Actually, I wouldn’t mind some fossils. You’ve finished collecting those, right?

1 minute ago, RedShell said:

Unless you have a Lucky cat that you don’t need

No idea how to even get one, so... :p

2 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Actually, I wouldn’t mind some fossils. You’ve finished collecting those, right?

Yup. I gave most of them to my mom and sis, but I think I have a few spares left. Just let me know which ones you need and I'll check :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

Yup. I gave most of them to my mom and sis, but I think I have a few spares left. Just let me know which ones you need and I'll check :)

I actually just meant fossils straight out of the ground :hehe:, but if you have some specific spares around, then it turns out I need the following:

Diplo Tail Tip

Iguanodon Tail

T. Rex Tail

But yeah, not to worry if you don’t have any of those. :) I’m in no hurry to complete the museum.

11 minutes ago, RedShell said:

I actually just meant fossils straight out of the ground :hehe:, but if you have some specific spares around, then it turns out I need the following:

I have the Diplo Tail Tip.

You can also come over and dig up those fossils. I'll most likely open up my island later tonight.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Diplo Tail Tip

Iguanodon Tail

T. Rex Tail

But yeah, not to worry if you don’t have any of those. :) I’m in no hurry to complete the museum.

I have the other two spare for you. I’ll send them over. 

• Thanks 1

If anyone wants to pick up a wooden bookshelf recipe or visit sahara, let me know, and I'll open the gate. I forgot what the mystery items were.

• Like 1

Just now, Sméagol said:

If anyone wants to pick up a wooden bookshelf recipe or visit sahara, let me know, and I'll open the gate. I forgot what the mystery items were.

I’d love the bookshelf! 

7 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

I’d love the bookshelf! 

Gate is open. You in particular may be interested in the white simple medium mat Sahara is selling.

14 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Gate is open. You in particular may be interested in the white simple medium mat Sahara is selling.

On way! Thanks 

@Sméagol I’m trying to visit from my second island? Do you have me added as a friend? I did add you not sure if you accepted? 

1 hour ago, Sméagol said:

Oooh yes please if you're still around

5 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Funnily enough, I am actually.. Though I'm at Harv's  right now. I'll check when I get back if Stu's still making it.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

Unfortunately Stu is done. Sprocket is making a bamboo drum right now. If you were a bit earlier.. My gate was still open while I was having dinner. After that, I decided to design my kitchen at Harv's studio. You're welcome to get the bamboo drum though.

18 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Unfortunately Stu is done. Sprocket is making a bamboo drum right now. If you were a bit earlier.. My gate was still open while I was having dinner. After that, I decided to design my kitchen at Harv's studio. You're welcome to get the bamboo drum though.

No worries that's ok! Thanks for checking anyway

If anyone is at a loose end and fancies doing some watering, my gates (Cinnabar) are open. 
I have some patches to the left of entrance and up round the plaza to try and get some hybrids. 

I can return the watering favour also! :) 

• Like 1