NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Friend Codes, Fruit, Trading and Photo Thread For Animal Crossing

55 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

Cousteau is making a trophy case currently on Cinnabar  if anyone is interested. 

I can open up if anyone wants it. Looks like a Playstation Trophy case with gold silver and bronze trophies. :D

Thanks for the DIY.

That flag you have at the entrance. How did you get it and can you order one for me if possible?

1 minute ago, Tales said:

Thanks for the DIY.

That flag you have at the entrance. How did you get it and can you order one for me if possible?

Any time. :)

I got that really really early on (well, a week and a half ago when I started this island lol), so let me check what it even is and send it you over. :)

• Like 1

@Tales it's a Champions Pennant. I've ordered myself one to send you as I still don't have the option in the terminal to send items as gifts? 

Is that something that is unlocked at a later stage? I can't remember. 

Anyway I should have it in the morning and will send it via the airport or can come over and drop it off on your island. :)

• Like 1

A hot take worthy of ResetEra. Whatever. Having random villagers show up is core to the Animal Crossing experience and is as far away from "a stupid mechanic" as can be. There's plenty of options for picking and choosing. Best of both worlds. 

That's not a hot take by the way, that's a fact. If you pay Nintendo for amiibo cards you can invite a specific villager and kick people out any time you want. 

I feel like if randomness of villagers joining was truly fundamental to the experience, Nintendo wouldn't have put a paid option to subvert it.

I guess my point is that is prefer for the randomness to be optional, but it doesn't ruin my experience either way. This wasn't a big point, just me saying that not everyone likes it, so no need to tell people they're wrong.

Would love if a couple more people could come over. I’ve had a few so a few more would guarantee some good hybrids. 

Just now, BowserBasher said:

Would love if a couple more people could come over. I’ve had a few so a few more would guarantee some good hybrids. 

I’ll come now :) 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Eddage said:

Bonsai shelf

Would love this if you can put it aside for me please?

43 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

I'll come over shortly too, if you're still about in 10-15mins

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

I'll come over shortly too, if you're still about in 10-15mins

Awesome. You’ll be fifth person to water. Yay. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drahkon said:

but thanks to Nintendo imposing lots of stupid restrictions I have to make due with staggered cliffs and flowers.

They know a thing or two about level design. It's so that you can climb up and down tier by tier with the ladder, terraform and not get stuck.

1 hour ago, Sheikah said:

I feel like if randomness of villagers joining was truly fundamental to the experience, Nintendo wouldn't have put a paid option to subvert it.

:blank:

Edited by Ronnie

Even with Nintendo's asinine limitations in place, I'm quite happy with Filbert's new home:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 very kind waterers later and not a SINGLE new blue hybrid??? Supposed to be a 25% chance!

EYx1uwmUYAEFe6.jpeg

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

4 very kind waterers later and not a SINGLE new blue hybrid??? Supposed to be a 25% chance!

Where did you hear that? That's definitely bullshit.

11 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Where did you hear that? That's definitely bullshit.

b11aa6cb9ux41.jpg?width=2144&format=pjpg

25% chance for white + white = blue

Does anyone have Leif visiting today? 
Or any Hyacinth or Cosmos seeds in their shop? 

8 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

Not sure we get other visitors on a Sunday, but I have hyacinth seeds. I’ll open gate for you. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

Got Cosmos (and Hyacinth)

Edited by Ronnie

Just now, Ronnie said:

Got both if you still need

Great, just visiting BowserBasher then can come to you if that's ok?! :)

• Like 1

Just now, Aneres11 said:

Great, just visiting BowserBasher then can come to you if that's ok?! :)

Sure, gates open. I'm in the middle of the great flower migration (sale), only 200 or so to get rid of.

• Haha 1

Filbert is giving away Garden Rock DIYs.

It's a rock...if anybody wants it, I'll open up :p

4 hours ago, Ronnie said:

EYx1uwmUYAEFe6.jpeg

The hyacinths? In addition to the blue, seed white hyacinths have a 50% chance of spawning a white one with the same genes(001) and a 25% chance of spawning a white one with the genes 000. The latter cannot breed blues. Also a checkerboard pattern is generally bad pattern, you end up with a lot of clones. You can keep trying, or start over making sure you only use seeds bought from the shop.

Here's some reading material for layouts and the calculator I used.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1anxm3WwEKyh0_-l_lZIAUETaa_q432Px3griacQ3NcU/preview

https://gardenscience.ac/

• Thanks 1