NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Friend Codes, Fruit, Trading and Photo Thread For Animal Crossing

23 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

Not the whole point, since you can also invite villagers from mystery islands, the campsite, and using the paid-for amiibo cards.

It's just one part of getting new villagers, arguably the worst way.

I was referring to the weird complaint that "It's a really stupid mechanic" ... literally the mechanic that's been core to what's made people fall in love with Animal Crossing in every iteration before this game. There's supposed to be a degree of randomness, that's by design, it isn't "a really stupid mechanic", it's the entire point to meeting new villagers you'd never seen before and getting to like them. Sure they also give you other ways of picking and choosing who you want, but there has to be some roll of the dice involved too, that's what makes it interesting. 

Edited by Ronnie

5 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Check your mail :D

Don't need anything in return. It's a gift :)

You’re a good man :D 

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

I've a fair bit of kitchen stuff if you want @Aneres11, will put some aside for you

Ooooo ok. I want to try and get as much as poss as I have hardly anything, strangely. 
Let me know what’s on offer and I can offer some stuff back. :) 

1 minute ago, Aneres11 said:

Ooooo ok. I want to try and get as much as poss as I have hardly anything, strangely. 
Let me know what’s on offer and I can offer some stuff back. :) 

It's a gift. :heart: :laughing:

Oh wait, actually I'd appreciate a few flowers watered lol

32 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

Does anyone have any kitchen items they have duplicate of or want to part with? Happy to pay? 

i am trying to make something of my home on this new island and I’m really low on kitchen furniture even on my original island. I have a unit with a sink and cupboards but could do with something more. 
I’m not short of kitchen accessories, just furniture. :) 

How about a freezer, Gas Range, microwave, refrigerator, system kitchen

Just now, BowserBasher said:

How about a freezer, Gas Range, microwave, refrigerator, system kitchen

Jeez :o haha. 
Well I have all of those minus a system kitchen... would you be happy to part with that for an exchange or bells?! 
What colour are your appliances as mine are all silver which is giving me resident evil lab vibes at the moment rather than a homely kitchen feel... :D

7 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

It's a gift. :heart: :laughing:

Oh wait, actually I'd appreciate a few flowers watered lol

Done deal!

Let me know when you can open and I’ll pop over! 

My journey to 5-stars continues:

OvOnULb.jpg

This area is just below the campsite.

nSJJLgx.jpg

Gotta love Filbert. :D

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

Jeez :o haha. 
Well I have all of those minus a system kitchen... would you be happy to part with that for an exchange or bells?! 
What colour are your appliances as mine are all silver which is giving me resident evil lab vibes at the moment rather than a homely kitchen feel... :D

System kitchen is yello with a bit of black. I have white a beige freezer, gas range red, microwave red, refrigerator in white. 

1 minute ago, BowserBasher said:

System kitchen is yello with a bit of black. I have white a beige freezer, gas range red, microwave red, refrigerator in white. 

These sound great! Could I take the kitchen, and refrigerator please?! Do you need anything in return or bells? :) 

I’ll send the fridge free of charge. The kitchen is 100,000 so either just come water flowers tonight or oooh. Do you have any kind of comfy chairs that would look good in a cinema? I haven’t seen anything so far. 

18 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

I’ll send the fridge free of charge. The kitchen is 100,000 so either just come water flowers tonight or oooh. Do you have any kind of comfy chairs that would look good in a cinema? I haven’t seen anything so far. 

I can water no problem. Just let me know when gates are open. 
Also, the only seating stuff I have is below. Not sure if fit for purpose? 

U3mhFet_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Enjoying my living room :) 

Ljgbdhm_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

1 minute ago, Aneres11 said:

I can water no problem. Just let me know when gates are open. 
Also, the only seating stuff I have is below. Not sure if fit for purpose? 

U3mhFet_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Oooh second row third in. I don’t have that. 

I was referring to the weird complaint that "It's a really stupid mechanic" ... literally the mechanic that's been core to what's made people fall in love with Animal Crossing in every iteration before this game. There's supposed to be a degree of randomness, that's by design, it isn't "a really stupid mechanic", it's the entire point to meeting new villagers you'd never seen before and getting to like them. Sure they also give you other ways of picking and choosing who you want, but there has to be some roll of the dice involved too, that's what makes it interesting. 
Just because that's how it's always been done, doesn't defeat the criticism Ronnie.

I personally would prefer the option to either vet the villagers randomly settling (what with being the island representative), or at the very least have the option of making people leave whenever I want.

Just to touch on that last point - if you shell out for amiibo cards you can force anyone to leave whenever you want. So it seems you can get the convenience, but only if you pay Nintendo for it.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Oooh second row third in. I don’t have that. 

Will send now :) 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

Just to touch on that last point - if you shell out for amiibo cards you can force anyone to leave whenever you want. So it seems you can get the convenience, but only if you pay Nintendo for it.

A hot take worthy of ResetEra.

Whatever. Having random villagers show up is core to the Animal Crossing experience and is as far away from "a stupid mechanic" as can be. There's plenty of options for picking and choosing. Best of both worlds. 

Gates open @Aneres11

It’s the flowers just above the town hall + the roses next to the Ables if you would be so kind! (Just the roses by Ables though)

Edited by Ronnie

Being to pick and choose which villagers are allowed to stay and which ones get booted out sounds very authoritarian.

Luckily i dont have that problem since if you dont build the campsite, they stop showing up. Now all i need to do is find some way of getting the others to leave, my island will be perfect.

More furniture tweets.

All the cheap stuff is up for grabs. The expensive stuff I prefer to trade for other expensive stuff. The things I can't re-order or easily craft, and a few items I may want to hang on too, are exceptions. I love trading for variants!

Edited by Sméagol

Got the following DIY recipes up for grabs:

• Golden toilet x2
  • Bamboo-grove wall
  • Gold bars
  • Birdcage
  • Ironwood table
  • Peach surprise box
  • Iron shelf
  • Golden casket
  • Kettlebell
  • Money flooring

If anyone would like any of those, let me know soon, as I’ll be selling them before the shop closes today to make room in my basement for turnips. :hehe: 

1 minute ago, RedShell said:

• Golden toilet x2
  • Bamboo-grove wall
  • Gold bars
  • Birdcage
  • Ironwood table
  • Peach surprise box
  • Iron shelf
  • Golden casket
  • Kettlebell
  • Money flooring

If anyone would like any of those, let me know soon, as I’ll be selling them before the shop closes today to make room in my basement for turnips. :hehe: 

Ooh! gold toilet, gold bars, and the money floor please!

Edited by Sméagol

3 minutes ago, RedShell said:

• Golden toilet x2
  • Bamboo-grove wall
  • Gold bars
  • Birdcage
  • Ironwood table
  • Peach surprise box
  • Iron shelf
  • Golden casket
  • Kettlebell
  • Money flooring

I’d love the iron shelf recipe please?! 

@Ronnie sorry I was offline when you messaged. Loading up in 5 if you are open still? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Ooh! gold toilet, gold bars, and the money floor please!

Ok, just send me that gold cat and they’re all yours.

Spoiler

:heh: 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1