NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
drahkon

Exit the Gungeon (PC, Switch)

Exit the Gungeon is a bullet hell dungeon climber immediately following the adventures of the misfit ‘Gungeoneers’ and their journey for personal absolution in Enter the Gungeon. The Gungeon has become a paradox and is collapsing! Armed with an ever-changing weapon, an insatiable need to loot, and the trusty dodge roll, each of our heroes must ascend and escape via their own unique route of increasingly perilous elevators. Battle against the last and most bitter of the Gundead at a frantic pace, slowing down just long enough to chat with some familiar faces… and a few new ones. Shifting rooms, enemies, bosses, bizarre weapons and items all combine to ensure that no two attempts to Exit the Gungeon are the same. Also, you can wear hats. Everybody loves hats, and spin-offs, which this game is... of Enter the Gungeon.

You know I had to :p 

Will I get it today? Most likely.

15 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Will I get it today? Most likely.

That depends on if Nintendo can get their servers sorted. By all accounts the eShop and online games haven't been stable all day. With everyone worldwide being told to stay indoors, the servers are taking a hammering. 

Hm...do I want it now?

Divinity: Original Sin 2Thea: The AwakeningCuphead and Apex Legends are currently my jam. Then there's Tangledeep and its DLCs which I will most likely get next week as the main game will be on sale on the 26th of March.

I think I'll pass on Exit the Gungeon for now. At least until I've finished Cuphead.

About the game itself...

It seems a bit... less ambitious than the original? Price is cheaper though which might explain it.

Just looking at the trailer it seems like there are a whole load of reused assets, with the one twist that the perspective has changed to side on. Maybe I'm being harsh, so please correct me if I'm wrong, but - a little bit of a lazy effort?

1 hour ago, LazyBoy said:

Just looking at the trailer it seems like there are a whole load of reused assets, with the one twist that the perspective has changed to side on. Maybe I'm being harsh, so please correct me if I'm wrong, but - a little bit of a lazy effort?

Can't comment on this myself, but here's a note from Dodge Roll:

reddit.com

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

Can't comment on this myself, but here's a note from Dodge Roll:

reddit.com

Fair enough, more of a spin-off. Thanks for the info.

Sign in to follow this