NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ike

Nintendo x Lego collab

It'll forever be too rich for my blood, huh?. Man, I want it though!

Edited by Glen-i

14 hours ago, Ike said:

Bowser dropped to £129 at Amazon (and, I think, at Very).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGO-71411-building-toy/dp/B09QFK3R2N/

Damn that is tempting but I kinda wanna use Lego site just because I'm saving up VIP points so I can get money off the Titanic set. And it's a double points weekend on Lego too. But £100 cheaper on Amazon is serious discount.

8 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Damn that is tempting but I kinda wanna use Lego site just because I'm saving up VIP points so I can get money off the Titanic set. And it's a double points weekend on Lego too. But £100 cheaper on Amazon is serious discount.

You could take 10 or whatever out of those 100 and put aside for the Titanic set. I think that would be better business than paying the very high price for the set on Lego's official store. 

Or perhaps order it from Amazon but don't open it. See if the official Lego site reduces it in the New Year sale; if they do and it's better for you return the Amazon one, if not keep the Amazon one. 

• Like 1

I have thought of that. I'll have to see how funds are this weekend. It doesn't seem that it ever sells out anywhere, so I can always wait if I have to for the next discount on it.

So I ended up getting the Mighty Bowser set over the last week when there was a double points event on, haven't built that yet, but I got this out and built it as it's been a while it's just been sitting around not built.

Fp7I_d7XwAA0kNC?format=jpg&name=medium

Really is one of the few of the Lego Mario sets that look good as a display set.

• Like 1

I've not heard from any other sources and never heard of this site but Possible Animal Crossing sets coming

LEGO releasing Animal Crossing sets next year

The latest video game franchise to make its way over into the LEGO catalog is another popular series from Nintendo. Giving builders five different sets from the world of Animal Crossing, the new theme will be debuting next year in March of 2024. 

Here’s a breakdown of the new LEGO Animal Crossing sets: 

• 77046: $14.99 | 170 pieces 
  • 77047: $19.99 | 164 pieces 
  • 77048: $29.99 | 223 pieces 
  • 77049: $39.99 | 389 pieces 
  • 77050: $74.99 | 535 pieces 

As of now, 9to5Toys doesn’t have all too much to share about what to expect from these sets. But we do know that the LEGO Group won’t be taking the same approach as the Super Mario collection. Those kits featuring everyone’s favorite Mushroom Kingdom hero have received a lot of flack for being centered around upscale, electronic renditions of Mario, Luigi, and company. Instead, the new LEGO Animal Crossing sets will actually be playscale creations.

Being focused around actual minifigures mean that we should be getting the whole cast of characters you’d expect. Tom Nook and Isabell as all but confirmed, and we’ll like see one or two different Villager designs make the cut. We do know that each of these characters will rely on molded head pieces, similar to what we just saw from the LEGO Sonic collection. 

If this is true I expect the biggest set to be Nooks store, then possibly your house. The smaller sets I imagine will be based on characters with small scenery.

OK a few other sites are starting to post the same thing. Although they all say the same thing. No one has solid proof and it's just from leakers. 

Edited by BowserBasher
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Animal Crossing Lego could be absolute genius.  Imagine having a house you could kit out with Sleek furniture, or turn it into a pirate ship theme with the Gullivarrr theming.  Or a museum where you could recreate the dinosaur fossils.  Everything about the game lends itself to model making and escapism.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Grazza said:

Everything about the game lends itself to model making and escapism.

Including having to pay a capitalist a lot of money to start

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Hey, at least it's authentic to the game! Might as well go the extra mile and make Crocodile villagers rarer then Gold Dust.

But yeah, this is an obvious series for Lego to expand to after Mario. Animal Crossing is stupid big now, and the customisation the game is known for lends itself very well to Lego.

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

Well, yes, but it's not so bad in the game.  Imagine if you could pay for real Lego with beetles and fish!

20 minutes ago, Grazza said:

Well, yes, but it's not so bad in the game.  Imagine if you could pay for real Lego with beetles and fish!

Nook gives you a loan with no background check, 0% interest with no deadline. Upgrades are done in a timely manner. I think Nook's bad rep is unwarranted.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ike said:

Nook gives you a loan with no background check, 0% interest with no deadline. Upgrades are done in a timely manner. I think Nook's bad rep is unwarranted.

Mandatory posting now.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Grazza said:

I want you to try and pay for the Animal Crossing Lego with fish. I brought a game with bananas once so it could happen!

8 minutes ago, Ike said:

He does employ child labour.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

I want you to try and pay for the Animal Crossing Lego with fish. I brought a game with bananas once so it could happen!

I once had to help get rid of thousands and thousands of bananas because my boss accidentally put a zero on the end of the order.  You probably could pay for Lego with those.

24 minutes ago, Grazza said:

I once had to help get rid of thousands and thousands of bananas

I assume it looked like this?

d5f0f2611860107032c33a967861026e.gif

• Haha 5

If those characters are not just random, we possibly getting Nooks/Resident Services, houses, and maybe Kapp’n and his boat set. 

I've not been getting the Mario sets as much now (I think they've just gone way too many too fast and not all are ass fun) but I am picking up a few that are better suited as standalone sets and not the build a stage set. As such I picked up the Bowser Car set.

16 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

I've not been getting the Mario sets as much now (I think they've just gone way too many too fast and not all are ass fun) but I am picking up a few that are better suited as standalone sets and not the build a stage set. As such I picked up the Bowser Car set.

When you play with these sets, just what are you doing with them? 

• Haha 1

Sign in to follow this