NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ike

Nintendo x Lego collab

My son asked me to make a Mario in Lego but I haven't got enough blue bricks to finish. Got this far, though:

ACtC-3fwkksRvyMKsM7RwdnKPV0OJgldCEMzd-F_

• Like 1

Check the link carefully, as there are various things going on. If you have a Lego account and collect VIP points, it seems you get some free ones for example, and there's a prize draw at the bottom of that page.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Sméagol said:

Check the link carefully, as there are various things going on. If you have a Lego account and collect VIP points, it seems you get some free ones for example, and there's a prize draw at the bottom of that page.

So doing things on both sites you can actually get yourself 250 LEGO VIP points for 50 Nintendo Platinum points. Just use the VIP reward on the Lego site to get your 200 Nintendo points, then use 250 Nintendo points to get 250 LEGO VIP points. Awesome. 

• Like 1

The character blocks are certainly less creepy looking this time around. I like the simplicity. 

Am I the only one who thinks it's weird that the compartment is a ? Block that never actually appears in Mario 64?

Could've made it the Wing Cap ! Block.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Am I the only one who thinks it's weird that the compartment is a ? Block that never actually appears in Mario 64?

Could've made it the Wing Cap ! Block.

I saw someone on Twitter say the same so there's at least two of you

They probably picked the 3 most iconic levels from that game, possibly the desert would have been next.

4 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I saw someone on Twitter say the same so there's at least two of you

That's why those two aren't businessmen (I assume)

2 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

That's why those two aren't businessmen (I assume)

What? You never visited the block museum?

blockmuseum.png

Clearly, accuracy is important enough for Alphadream.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 1

I might have a look at the instructions for the micro worlds, those bits look awesome.

Oh man that’s fantastic! I know what (one of) my Christmas present is!

I haven't bought a Lego set in years but I really want this one. Probably gonna be about £200 though lol

3 hours ago, martinist said:

I haven't bought a Lego set in years but I really want this one. Probably gonna be about £200 though lol

9 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

£159.99 on the Lego site. Seems about right I originally went in the 150 ballpark figure. 

some more photos on there too. Seems like there is a draw or second compartment. 

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/super-mario-64-question-mark-block-71395

• Like 1

I got the Mario ? Block my birthday. Just about to build it and have found a little paragraph in the booklet on it being the ? Block. 
It’s acknowledged that the block doesn’t appear in SM64 and that the game has the red, blue and green ones. But then there’s this part,

However, with ? Blocks, you never know what you’ll find inside - that’s what makes them ? Blocks! Have fun exploring and building this world - there are secrets and surprises waiting for you!

I think that perfect explanation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah it's a neat way of explaining it. 

Rami Ismail has been posting tweets about it recently. Going to spoiler tag it as there seems to be some little details that people may enjoy finding themselves. 

Spoiler

It is a thread but you'll have to click through to see it all.

Built a few more bags of this, started on Lava Lava Land and the little details are so neat. It really is a lovely piece.

Spoiler

Loving this set. 

• Like 1

It is done. This maybe the best one yet in terms of how it’s been created and put together. Though the NES is still up there. 

Spoiler

First of this is an awesome set, well worth it. Second, the amount of detail in these mini builds of the set pieces is stunning. From the castle with removable front and paintings inside, to the rolling log in Lava Lava Land. The penguins and the hidden slide in Cool Cool Mountain, king Bob-omb and the floating island in Bob-omb Battlefield. The compartment at the front that open so you can put Bowser and Mario on the revolving platform to re-enact the Bowser Battles. Whilst building it you can see the levels taking shape but then the part you’re working on suddenly clicks and it’s just like being back there. There’s a Chain Chomp there, King Bob-omb, the bullies in LLL, Lakitu and his camera  but the best secret part for me is the fact that there is a hidden Yoshi that you build in mini form that goes behind the castle, just like when you get all 120 stars and the cannon opens allowing you to get to the top so he can give you all them yummy lives. It all fits snuggly inside the cube which you wouldn’t think possible when it’s all open, but it’s perfect  

This is a testament to the Lego engineers who put these together. Not only must they have been fans but they must have loved making it too. It’s truly a love letter to SM64.

This will easily sit proud on display. A great set to anyones collection. 

• Like 4

Releasing today might have been better but hey ho. Maybe Nintendo knows we're in for a frightening 2022.

• Like 1

Nice that they're doing a Lego mansion thing but I would have preferred a lego verion of this:

SSBB_Luigi's_Mansion_Stage.png

Edited by Helmsly
  • Thanks 1

I got some more Lego Mario sets for Christmas. Got the remaining wave one sets I needed that are retiring soon, so that was Toad's Treasure Hunt, Piranha Plants Puzzling Challenge and Wigglers Poison Swamp. And I also got the Bowser's Airship. It looks awesome and looks like the best one that can be displayed as a standalone and not looking like it needs to be a part of a level.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this