NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ike

Nintendo x Lego collab

1 hour ago, Josh64 said:

That NES set looks pretty cool but for the love of god can we get over NES nostalgia yet?! We've had nostalgic nods and throwbacks to the NES since the GameCube era, give us some more SNES and N64 stuff pleaseeee

Welcome to my view of Pokémon generation representation.

(Granted Sword/Shield isn't quite as bad as the 3DS titles in that regard)

Pokémon Lego would be neat though!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Welcome to my view of Pokémon generation representation.

(Granted Sword/Shield isn't quite as bad as the 3DS titles in that regard)

Pokémon Lego would be neat though!

You know they're only going to do the original 151 now right? You've cursed that into existence. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Ashley said:

You know they're only going to do the original 151 now right? You've cursed that into existence. 

Trust me, if it was going to happen, there was never gonna be a Krookodile Lego model. I've already accepted that inevitability.

Best I can hope for is getting a popular Pokémon I happen to like such as Greninja. You saw the Pokémon Center store here, you know how it works. (I'm still astonished they wasted that limited space on the likes of Voltorb and Mankey)

24 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I’d buy them all. 😂 

5 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

I’d buy them all. 😂 

Which means you're the reason Kecleon doesn't have more merch! Why do you hate Kecleon?

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Which means you're the reason Kecleon doesn't have more merch! Why do you hate Kecleon?

ITs not my fault. I agree. It’s just everyone wants Pikachu. Lol

1 hour ago, BowserBasher said:

ITs not my fault. I agree. It’s just everyone wants Pikachu. Lol

Preferably in lots of different hats!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I always thought there were about 4 courses and a few different character skins for Mario but actually looking it up there's 16 sets!

On 16/06/2020 at 10:46 AM, Ashley said:

Press release including pricing (well USD/EUR but assume GBP will be the same):

[Press release listing 16 sets]

This is as bad as me getting confused with all the Xbox brands 😋

Got the chance to play around with the starter set. I have to say it’s very well done and I’m happy Lego went this route for these.

Mario seems like a very technical piece of kit. It seems to have an accelerometer in there too as it can differentiate between just “walking” and “jumping” higher. It even knows when it’s “laying down”. Just tested by laying it down and after about 10 seconds he goes to sleep, I then just stood it and left it and it didn’t, it just dims the lights, as in the screens, which are really nice. Marios eyes move and have different states his mouth does the same and the main screen in his body shows all that’s going on with the interaction to the sets. Fun thing to do, drop him from a bit of a height and he reacts as he would in game. Not a death but I got like an ow ow ow ow ow sound bite. Very nice detail. 

Instead of the normal booklets you do have to download an app, but the app looks very slick and seems to be an all in one thing for building, sharing and keeping track of your sets. You can browse the app but the first thing you will want to do is link Mario to the app, how? Bluetooth. And it’s as simple as pressing a button on the back of Mario. I believe this will then sync your course runs to the app including the amount of coins you collected. 
The building instructions are the same as normal booklets but have the added advantage that you can spin and move the image around, handy to know you have the pieces in the right spots (not like its completely needed on these as they are all small builds) but does help you if needed. I kinda wish that they did this with other sets too as sometime when I’m building I’d like the interactive bit to move the set and see if I have a certain piece in the right place. 
You can also it seems, add your creation to the app by taking a photo and adding it to “my creations” section. These seems to be shared with the world. I haven’t tried this yet. 

The builds from the starter set are very basic and easily finished within a very short time. They are divided into the bases of each element. It’s hard to explain that. Basically you’ll have a small tower, the ? Block, Bowser Jr, the flagpole, etc. And they are all nicely built on a baseplate that is easily attached to the next via a number of provided 2x4, 6 or 8 pieces. They seem quite generous with what they give you. 

These are definitely meant to be played with. Mario reacts the the three different coloured bases and the special marked pieces. It all works so well. You pop him in the pipe to start your level and move him over your course. At the end jump on the flagpole. Just like in the games. And of course as you get more expansion sets, you’ll be able to add more to your course. I made a very simple one from the starter set. 

All in all I think Lego and Nintendo have done the best thing they could have with bringing Mario to Lego. These sets are what is fun about Lego, the playing and creativity that comes with them. 
If these aren’t your cup of tea, then we also have the NES Lego set which I hope to be able to pick up soon too. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/08/2020 at 7:53 PM, BowserBasher said:

I’d buy them all. 😂 

Have you seen those off-brand mini lego sets of Pokémon? They look pretty cute honestly but funnily enough... I can only recall seeing random Gen 1's lol

• Thanks 1

On 14/08/2020 at 9:39 PM, BowserBasher said:

Got the chance to play around with the starter set. I have to say it’s very well done and I’m happy Lego went this route for these.

Mario seems like a very technical piece of kit. It seems to have an accelerometer in there too as it can differentiate between just “walking” and “jumping” higher. It even knows when it’s “laying down”. Just tested by laying it down and after about 10 seconds he goes to sleep, I then just stood it and left it and it didn’t, it just dims the lights, as in the screens, which are really nice. Marios eyes move and have different states his mouth does the same and the main screen in his body shows all that’s going on with the interaction to the sets. Fun thing to do, drop him from a bit of a height and he reacts as he would in game. Not a death but I got like an ow ow ow ow ow sound bite. Very nice detail. 

Instead of the normal booklets you do have to download an app, but the app looks very slick and seems to be an all in one thing for building, sharing and keeping track of your sets. You can browse the app but the first thing you will want to do is link Mario to the app, how? Bluetooth. And it’s as simple as pressing a button on the back of Mario. I believe this will then sync your course runs to the app including the amount of coins you collected. 
The building instructions are the same as normal booklets but have the added advantage that you can spin and move the image around, handy to know you have the pieces in the right spots (not like its completely needed on these as they are all small builds) but does help you if needed. I kinda wish that they did this with other sets too as sometime when I’m building I’d like the interactive bit to move the set and see if I have a certain piece in the right place. 
You can also it seems, add your creation to the app by taking a photo and adding it to “my creations” section. These seems to be shared with the world. I haven’t tried this yet. 

The builds from the starter set are very basic and easily finished within a very short time. They are divided into the bases of each element. It’s hard to explain that. Basically you’ll have a small tower, the ? Block, Bowser Jr, the flagpole, etc. And they are all nicely built on a baseplate that is easily attached to the next via a number of provided 2x4, 6 or 8 pieces. They seem quite generous with what they give you. 

These are definitely meant to be played with. Mario reacts the the three different coloured bases and the special marked pieces. It all works so well. You pop him in the pipe to start your level and move him over your course. At the end jump on the flagpole. Just like in the games. And of course as you get more expansion sets, you’ll be able to add more to your course. I made a very simple one from the starter set. 

All in all I think Lego and Nintendo have done the best thing they could have with bringing Mario to Lego. These sets are what is fun about Lego, the playing and creativity that comes with them. 
If these aren’t your cup of tea, then we also have the NES Lego set which I hope to be able to pick up soon too. 

God DAMN, that looks and sounds so cool!! I had no idea it was this cute, you've done a much better job advertising it than Nintendo/LEGO :laughing: If I ever get spare shelf space then I need this. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Josh64 said:

Have you seen those off-brand mini lego sets of Pokémon? They look pretty cute honestly but funnily enough... I can only recall seeing random Gen 1's lol

I have one of those, it's a Kecleon.

The Nanoblocks? They’re pretty cool, and I think they do a pretty massive range of Pokemon.

When I was in Japan they had a promo with McDonalds and you could buy a set that was basically a Big Mac meal, it’s one of my most prized possessions! 

I have a nanoblock Ho-oh, but damn these things are pretty tricky to put together, and Ho-oh is quite flimsy because of its wings and tail. Every time I accidentally tip it over a part breaks off.

Are these Nanoblock Pokèmon worth picking up? Ive seen some around but never bothered looking into them more. 

got some more Mario sets as birthday presents. I do want to get all these even if I don’t open them right away. 
I also just put in my order for the NES set. Double points and £90 worth of VIP vouchers used. I think that was a good deal. 

• Like 2

I have just completed the NES build. Just the console, not the TV set yet. But WOW, this set is amazing. From being a near 1:1 replica (I swear without looking close you’d swear it was a real one sitting on a shelf) the the neat little Easter egg and all the cable slots (power, A/V) the attention to detail is perfect. But my favourite part of the build has to be the fully functioning cartridge slot. You lift the front panel, slide the cartridge in and push the holding button down. It clicks in place and then it clicks up again when you push it down just like the real thing. How they thought it up and implemented it is astonishing to me. I’ve been looking at the tine bit that does it and it still amazes me. 
To me the controller seems a perfect 1:1 replica, just holding it feels like it used to. The buttons are in the right place were my thumbs rest and it just feels like holding the real thing. 

I mean just look at the last photo it just looks so real. Amazing job by Lego on this build. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Happenstance said:

Thanks. Picked up the Bowsers castle set and Mario house and Yoshi for the same price as the castle normally is. 

• Like 1

I went to the Lego Store in Copenhagen last Saturday to entertain my son and saw Bowsers Castle there. It is gorgeous. They also had the Lego NES box but it wasn't built. I would like to have it to build it but afterwards I wouldn't know what to do with it. I don't have the room to display it. 

On 31/03/2021 at 3:34 PM, MindFreak said:

They also had the Lego NES box but it wasn't built. I would like to have it to build it but afterwards I wouldn't know what to do with it. I don't have the room to display it. 

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, that is an awesome set. 

two more for the collection. 

• Like 1

New set of figures announced:

• Scuttlebug
  • Swoop
  • Parachute Bob-omb
  • Amp
  • Torpedo Ted
  • Crowber
  • Galoomba
  • Bony Beetle
  • 1-Up Mushroom
  • Boo

I think these usually cost around €3.99 a piece?

e31opaywyaayvqw.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vileplume2000 said:

New set of figures announced:

• Scuttlebug
  • Swoop
  • Parachute Bob-omb
  • Amp
  • Torpedo Ted
  • Crowber
  • Galoomba
  • Bony Beetle
  • 1-Up Mushroom
  • Boo

I think these usually cost around €3.99 a piece?

e31opaywyaayvqw.jpg

They look great. I still only have the Blooper from these sets which is surprising because usually once I buy one I need the rest of them. :D 

Sign in to follow this