N-Europe

Nintendo x Lego collab

Ike

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Looks awesome. Will definitely have that on my list. Looks like it could be similar in size to Piranha Plant so shouldn’t cost over £100. 

The rumoured price is $130. Not sure what that will translate to over here though.

13 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

I never recalled Yoshi having orange arms. I'm too scared to check.

That's Mario's shoe 

Oh wait I just watched the video and no it's not. Me being dumb. 

20 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Yup, in the SNES version. They fixed it in the GBA version.

I know he had arms on the box art, but I don't remember him having any in the game, which I can't help but find as weird.

• 4 weeks later...

Mario Kart sets are on the way.

SM-FULL-RANGE-DSC01413-cropped.jpg

72031-MK-yoshi-bike-DSC01473-cropped.jpg

72036-SM-baby-peach-gp-set-DSC01209-crop

72032-MK-standard-cart-DSC01276-cropped.

72033-MK-dk-and-dk-jumbo-DSC01311-croppe

72034-SM-baby-mario-vs-baby-luigi-DSC012

72035-SM-toads-garage-DSC01332-cropped.j

Cologne, Germany, August 21, 2024: Today at gamescom, the LEGO Group revealed six never-before-seen LEGO® Super Mario™: Mario Kart™ sets, bringing Nintendo's iconic Mario Kart franchise to the world of LEGO bricks for the very first time.

The addition of Mario Kart adds an entirely new dimension to the LEGO Super Mario experience, in which digital and physical play collide in the most spectacular fashion together. What's more, the new sets feature some of Super Mario's best-known characters, including Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Toad, Baby Mario, Baby Luigi and Baby Peach.

To add a layer of digital play, fans can also add a LEGO® Mario™, LEGO® Luigi™ or LEGO® Peach™ (figures not included) to the new Mario Kart sets which takes the interactive experience into high gear when putting one of the figures into the driver's seat. This includes iconic Mario Kart audio and visual effects for race-starting, horn-honking, kart-drifting and gliding sounds from the game. Players can also use these characters to scan Item Boxes, allowing them to collect extra coins and help boost their score as they finish the race!

The new LEGO® Super Mario™: Mario Kart™ sets and LEGO® Animal Crossing™ sets will be available via LEGO.com, LEGO stores, and from select leading retailers around the world from January 1st, 2025.

2 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Sweet. These don’t look like big sets, so I can’t imagine they’d be any more than £50 max (especially for the one with three karts and the start/finish line.) Certainly will probably pick these up. 

The start/finish line set is the most expensive set at £69.99 and Yoshi is the cheapest at £12.99.

• Thanks 1