NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Tiberian Sun > you

I've played a demo of Renegade a LONG time ago and found it a bit laggy but that could well have been pre-ADSL times I really can't remember how long ago it actually was. :grin: Renegade isn't meant to be too great to be honest but as I don't have it I'm not in a position to comment.

As for Generals I cannot recommend it any higher. It really is superb. Takes a few hours to get into as there are a few big differences (no ore/tiberian, but supply points) but it really is an excellent game. Play.com are selling Generals with the expansion pack for £17.99. Let me know if you buy the game in the future, it'd be good to have a game.

Ooo, ta for the info. As soon as i come across some monies, this will be the first thing i buy. :)

Domster: yaaaaay. Plus 1 for the tiberian massive. :heh: I like going as gdi as well as Nod, but my preference would be to go Gdi. If only the titans were a nod unit. :heh:

Before this thread drifts and dies, I had a fun game of Generals with Space yesterday. It was us two vs two computers and it would be fair to say he wiped them both out while I tried to remember the difference between and overlord and the er fire tank thing. It was a cool game and reminds me of how great generals is.

So if anyone else here has it that would be great as we could get a few big games happening.

Tiberian Sun was my first PC game, it really is a classic. Plus it has Micheal Beihn and James Earl Jones as characters. I generally went with GDI as they were the good guys and I saw no benefit in being Nod apart from possibly Stealth technology. I must say though I prefer Red Alert 2 much more. Played it to death online but no buggers play it now Westwood have abandoned it. Bastards!

I agree, but both were great games and Red Alert isn't playable these days (I've tried). PCs run the game too fast and it really is quite simple. Would be good for handheld gaming though.

Not so, I played it just the other night. First off all select every .exe in the directory and enable win95 compatability. The scrolling will still be mentally fast. Then open the rasetup.exe and enable "back buffer in video memory" Voila, it will be playable. You still need scrolling on the slowest setting though.

Red Alert has to be my favourite C&C. I never liked TS or RA2. Generals is quite good too, not enough unit variety though, and it's ridiculously easy.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that if i play it again. In 5 years or so it'll be a laugh to have another nostalgia trip.

Before this thread drifts and dies, I had a fun game of Generals with Space yesterday. It was us two vs two computers and it would be fair to say he wiped them both out while I tried to remember the difference between and overlord and the er fire tank thing. It was a cool game and reminds me of how great generals is.

So if anyone else here has it that would be great as we could get a few big games happening.

Yeah it was a nice game. I expect a 1v1 next time though! :smile:

Sign in to follow this