NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Tiberian Sun > you

Alright, admit it. Who can't get enough of this game? (:p)

Sure, it's a bit old now, but it's a damn good game.

Here's what i think:

Favourite side: Nod

Favourite Map: Tunnel Training

Favourite infantry: Cyborg commando.

Favourite vehicle: Artillery

Favourite building: Has to be a construction yard. You'd be buggered without one. :wink:

Tiberian Sun is my least fave C&C game. AoE2:C expansion is my current fave. AoE3 might just beat it as i fell in love with the demo.

In terms of C&C, Generals: Zero Hour is my fave... even if the engine is terrible.

What a game!

Countless hours of basebuilding and tactics and getting your ass kicked by 7 other players :hehe:

Favourite side: GDI

Favourite Map: Forest Fires

Favourite infantry: Disc Throwers, legions of disc throwers!!!

Favourite vehicle: Orca Bombers

Favourite building: Upgrade Centre

• Like 1

Hmm hard to tell if this is my least favourite C&C Game. Either that or Generals.

Tib Sun was so horribly imbalanced. NOD were utter shit. They got stealth technology yer, which sucked power like no tomorrow. They had no heavy tanks, only Artillery which were slow as hell and once you were too close, then it took them a couple of days to pack up and move.

GDI absolutely owned - MLRS', Disruptors, Mammoth MK IIs...what has NOD got? Yer Cyber Commandos were cool, but Mammoth MK II + Ghostalker = ownage.

Pffft! Nod had much better defence units and structures than Gdi.

The Ghost Stalker is a pussy compared to the cyborg commando. :yes:

Pffft! Nod had much better defence units and structures than Gdi.

The Ghost Stalker is a pussy compared to the cyborg commando. :yes:

But Ghostalker + Mammoth MK II = :cool:

OK NOD defence - Tick Tanks, Lasers, Obelisks. Disruptors killed them. Plus GDI had Component Towers, and the RPG Upgrade was pretty effective against tanks and infantry.

And, to make things worse, when playing as GDI if you place pavement all round your base, then NOD can't use subterranean engineer rushes.

And then if GDI really got abused, there was always the Firestorm.

We're going to have to disagree here (:p)

Tiberian Sun was a good game but I feel Generals is far superior on the Gameplay front. I've been playing it heavily for a while now and there is a lot more depth and the balancing is better.

I wish a new GDI/NOD C&C games gets released sometime in the future. Red Alert 3 is up next.

Tib probably seems a bit dated now. I still love it to bits tho. :cool:

And Shmotz, gdi were quite bad defensive wise. You could just set up Nod artillery around the gdi base and they'd be...buggered, basically. :heh:

I agree with you Lammie. Red Alert is one of my fave games ever.

Tiberian Sun did have two great features though, no wait three!

Number 1 it had robot men who you could shoot so much that their legs would explode, but they would still hunt you down! Like something out of T2.

Number 2 it had AT-AT's

Number 3 it had missions at dusk which of course is cool.

Nice one on making a PC gaming thread btw FL I hope for lots of these :happy: btw if anyone has any C&C games and wants a game PM me or we could have a big team game with CE people.

I used to play the C&C games when I was a bit younger. But I don't like them as much now. I used to like this genre of games but I haven't played them for years now.

And Shmotz, gdi were quite bad defensive wise. You could just set up Nod artillery around the gdi base and they'd be...buggered, basically. :heh:

You could literally send out minigunners, and when they get to close you would have to pack them. Plus Titans and Wolverines would slaughter them when they got close enough.

Tib probably seems a bit dated now. I still love it to bits tho. :cool:

Btw do you have Generals?

Red Alert > Tiberian Sun

So what if I'm the only one?

I agree, but both were great games and Red Alert isn't playable these days (I've tried). PCs run the game too fast and it really is quite simple. Would be good for handheld gaming though.

I haven't got generals, but i have always wanted to try it out. Also, Renegade. Wanted to try that out as well. Just never got around to it.

Shmotz, have you seen the firing range for an artillery unit? Compare that to a wolverine or even a titan. The Artillery has a massive advantage over it.

I really found Tib-Sun to be mediocre. I pefer RA2 in the C&C universe tbh, it was just so fun and crazily sci-fi! Fave RA2 stuff:

Favourite side: Soviets (Iraq in mp)

Favourite Map: Erm... dunno

Favourite infantry: Desolator

Favourite vehicle: Appocalypse Tank

Favourite building: Con-yard for obvious reasons....

I haven't got generals, but i have always wanted to try it out. Also, Renegade. Wanted to try that out as well. Just never got around to it.

Shmotz, have you seen the firing range for an artillery unit? Compare that to a wolverine or even a titan. The Artillery has a massive advantage over it.

Yes, I know the range. Point is, how fast is a Wolverine? They can get inside the range of an artillery and not get hit easily. An MLRS can do it without losing much damage.

Then the artillery has to pack up before it can move. And it's as slow as hell.

Sorry, I just find them mainly useless :hmm:

Hmm, you make a fair point. Although, with the artillery, it would almost always hit the target, because it causes craters around the target you're aiming at. :lmao: A bit unfair.

Hmm, you make a fair point. Although, with the artillery, it would almost always hit the target, because it causes craters around the target you're aiming at. :lmao: A bit unfair.

That was awesome, the craters. Seeing them have to crawl over destroyed terrain.

I did like artillery, but I never used them successfully enough. I could never back them up with strong enough units - Tick Tanks were about as heavy as NOD got :no:

Red Alert > Tiberian Sun

So what if I'm the only one?

You're not, I second it. The original RA still rocks and every time I have 10 minutes on the computer that I don't know what to do with, I play a skirmish with a random map/enemy/country/colour on RA2.

Red Alert is the daddy, the memories of the awesome online games me and my mate had. As shorty says just play a skirmish for a quick good game of all out warfare.

Ohh I'm not alone. Tiberian Sun is also my fave C&C game. I remember first getting it on my birthday and creaming all over it. GDI are my fave side in that game. You can't go wrong with Mammoth MK2 :D

I've played a demo of Renegade a LONG time ago and found it a bit laggy but that could well have been pre-ADSL times I really can't remember how long ago it actually was. :grin: Renegade isn't meant to be too great to be honest but as I don't have it I'm not in a position to comment.

As for Generals I cannot recommend it any higher. It really is superb. Takes a few hours to get into as there are a few big differences (no ore/tiberian, but supply points) but it really is an excellent game. Play.com are selling Generals with the expansion pack for £17.99. Let me know if you buy the game in the future, it'd be good to have a game.

Hey Space I have generals. I am pretty poor really but I would be up for a game, it would be cool if we could get a whole load of CE people to play. I have the expansion pack to, go motorbikes! :wink:

Sign in to follow this