NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Rummy

N-Europe 2020 meetup - Arcade club??

Yeah, like were going to be allowed to meet up in large groups once the coronavirus outbreak starts...
I'm a prophet.

Heed my words! Heed them!

We can always host a digital meetup for the time being, using Houseparty or whatever. Could be fun, slap together a gaming quiz or something?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

We can always host a digital meetup for the time being, using Houseparty or whatever. Could be fun, slap together a gaming quiz or something?

Oh look, something I might actually be able to attend for once.

7 minutes ago, martinist said:

Oh look, something I might actually be able to attend for once.

I'll still say I'm attending and then not show up.

• Like 1

I had thought about starting a weekly movie night with Netflix Party for the forum. Maybe we could incorporate that into this as well.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Vileplume2000 said:

And the loser is banned! 

• Haha 1

On 06/05/2020 at 2:06 PM, Happenstance said:

I had thought about starting a weekly movie night with Netflix Party for the forum. Maybe we could incorporate that into this as well.

I'd actually be up for that, more or less. I've been doing something similar with my brother. With cinemas closed down, we've been watching online films together. Mostly Netflixk, but other streaming services have also been used. Never heard of Netflix party, and I'll refrain from installing more 3rd party plug-ins, but I never talk (or type in this case), during a film anyway. Mu brother and I use Discord to discuss the film afterwards. Maybe start a new thread?

That said.. My weekend evenings are reserved for my own weekly movie nights already. So it depends a bit on which day and / or what time.

• Like 1

Well well well. Did not expect THIS to spring up out of the thread but I whole heartedly support it as absolutely awesome!! Forum socials are bloody perfect for a lockdown!! Let's take this forward for an n-e covid-19 lockdown titnernet socials ideas threads? obvs lots of us and lots of diff events fracture us but i like the idea of accessibility in a netflix weekly film club or so etc.

If i get motivation or a bettwr host I have been contemplating getting some Mafia back in order at some point too...

Ok I’ll go on my PC later to get the full information on the Netflix Party chrome extension and then I’ll start a thread.

Nothing to do with this; but having seen a few of us recently celebrating this photo(5 years old!) on fb and it being such a classic I thought why not post it up here too;

11892340_10155982434530341_8103727926961

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rummy said:

Nothing to do with this; but having seen a few of us recently celebrating this photo(5 years old!) on fb and it being such a classic I thought why not post it up here too;

11892340_10155982434530341_8103727926961

That was five years ago?! Jeez.

IIRC, me and @MoogleViper travelled down from Nottingham for that shortly after he moved here for the first time. It was the day Rez drew pictures of dicks (I think?) and handed them to random passers by and when those idiot kids kept losing their frisbee in the same tree. We then played Ninja with them and Sam creeped a girl out. 

8 minutes ago, Goron_3 said:

It was the day Rez drew pictures of dicks

ok you're really gonna have to be a bit more specific here

and Sam creeped a girl out. 

again you are really gonna need to be MORE specific here...

Are those all NE people, or does that include a group of randoms?

17 minutes ago, bob said:

Are those all NE people, or does that include a group of randoms?

It’s all Rez

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Blimey, can't believe that was five years ago. 

Just dug out this video... @Jimbob

(had music originally but think it was copyrighted out) 

Edited by Mr-Paul
  • Thanks 1

It's like watching a Crimewatch re-enactment if it were directed by Andrew Lloyd Webber

• Haha 2

I didn’t realize so many people managed to make it to the meets. Which members are in that picture?

1 hour ago, will' said:

I didn’t realize so many people managed to make it to the meets. Which members are in that picture?

5 hours ago, Mr-Paul said:

Blimey, can't believe that was five years ago. 

Just dug out this video... @Jimbob

(had music originally but think it was copyrighted out) 

the tango is copyrighted?!

1 hour ago, will' said:

Ah ok. So. It's Hyde Park but some kids got their frisbee stuck in a tree. @Goafer had a great fb caption the other day when it popped back up in all the memories so I'll ask him to post his explanation.

However I can name the members who ARE in the picture somewhere;

Me(Rummy), mr-paul, (a hidden) Cube, Shorty, MoogleViper, ReZ, Goron_3, Jimbob, THE legendary Host himself Zell, Sheikah and Dannyboy-the-Dane.

Photography by: Goaferboy ;)

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Rummy said:

Ah ok. So. It's Hyde Park but some kids got their frisbee stuck in a tree. @Goafer had a great fb caption the other day when it popped back up in all the memories so I'll ask him to post his explanation.

From my Facebook: 5 years ago today, some kids got their frisbee stuck in a tree and were staring at it and trying to figure out how to get it down. As grown ups, we did what any responsible adults would do: joined in with the thinking and contributed very little. Two of the kids have sailor hats. We don't know why.

Here is the infamous frisbee:

11221792_10155982421350341_6757898899908

Edited by Goafer

7 hours ago, Goafer said:

From my Facebook: 5 years ago today, some kids got their frisbee stuck in a tree and were staring at it and trying to figure out how to get it down. As grown ups, we did what any responsible adults would do: joined in with the thinking and contributed very little. Two of the kids have sailor hats. We don't know why.

Here is the infamous frisbee:

11221792_10155982421350341_6757898899908

🤔🤔🤔....

Just spent the evening looking at photos of the 2009 NE meet with [mention=4083]Goafer[/mention]. Everybody looks so young!
That's because everyone was (without exception) 11 years younger.
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this