NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Rummy

N-Europe 2020 meetup - Arcade club??

Hi guys; new member here. Anyone ever thought how cool it could be if we all met up??? Can throw it in memory of a guy I think was called ViciousHound or something? I heard he was pretty fucking cool.

Gonna throw this over to a gentleman called @Goafer who introduced me to this idea! Let's go people!!

(soz mods delete if not allowed i havent been here a while xxx)

• Like 2

Yeah, like were going to be allowed to meet up in large groups once the coronavirus outbreak starts...

19 hours ago, bob said:

Yeah, like were going to be allowed to meet up in large groups once the coronavirus outbreak starts...

well well well we'll just have to do us best to get the pandemic started sooner! N-Europe Spring Meetup Wuhan or Hubei 2020?? Bat meat special included for all attendees!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

I'm up for it, as long as it's not too far from an airport. 

Pretty sure you can get a tram there from Manchester airport.

Right well if we can make it during the football season that gives me a double incentive to come over

If there's enough interest I'll show up! How well does the Arcade Club suit group meetups? I find you're kinda going to spread around and do your own thing at places like that, but I've not been since they relocated.

We should also have a think of there’s any lapsed members who might want to come. A lot of the people who used to post in the general chat section but don’t post anymore would be good to hear from again.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, LazyBoy said:

I'm up for it, as long as it's not too far from an airport. 

15 hours ago, Nicktendo said:

Pretty sure you can get a tram there from Manchester airport.

I got a train back from there to the city centre so I assume you would indeed be able to get there from the airport. 

I won't be able to make it as I don't know what country I'll be in at that point but it won't be England. 

22 hours ago, Happenstance said:

We should also have a think of there’s any lapsed members who might want to come. A lot of the people who used to post in the general chat section but don’t post anymore would be good to hear from again.

Aye can get on that too - first need to get a plan together though! You or @Goafer happy to lead the Arcade Club charge on organisation? I can do some groundwork comms and reach out to folks later; maybe have a few of us organise it together on the side and keep track(rather than just countleas mentions or recommendations of people spilling into here). Ofc not to shut down any voices - if anyone HAS got folks in mind who've lapsed just message them yourself personally and tell them to come on down and post in here! All are welcome; old and new. Meetups aren't the forums; and rarely if ever have they not been cool B)

I'll be keeping an eye on this, just in case the date agrees with me.

But if I can make it, I'd be interested. I'm super cheap and poor though, so never expect me to buy anyone a round. You're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Rummy said:

Aye can get on that too - first need to get a plan together though! You or @Goafer happy to lead the Arcade Club charge on organisation? I can do some groundwork comms and reach out to folks later; maybe have a few of us organise it together on the side and keep track(rather than just countleas mentions or recommendations of people spilling into here). Ofc not to shut down any voices - if anyone HAS got folks in mind who've lapsed just message them yourself personally and tell them to come on down and post in here! All are welcome; old and new. Meetups aren't the forums; and rarely if ever have they not been cool B)

I'll leave the Arcade Club to @Goafer as he knows the owner from all the maddog stuff.

Shall we try and hammer down a few things if we can? I assume we are going to the Manchester Arcade Club after some of the posts in here for example.

Does anyone have the google sheet that's been previously used to see who can make what dates?

Sorry guys, been a busy week so far. Will start organising soon.

I'd say Arcade Club Manchester or Leeds really. Manchester is the original site and utterly brilliant, but Leeds also looks good. The Blackpool site isn't open yet (but opening soon), so I'll rule that out.

Will I be able to bring my PSP Go, sit in the corner and not talk to any of you for the day?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Will I be able to bring my PSP Go, sit in the corner and not talk to any of you for the day?

did you even bother to read the title of this thread or not ffs?! why do you THINK its in an arcade with a video game within arms reach at all times low lights and no mirrors? this aint some eye contact rodeo son you wanna make friends you do it over TCP/IP protocols, yeah?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Rummy said:

did you even bother to read the title of this thread or not ffs?! why do you THINK its in an arcade with a video game within arms reach at all times low lights and no mirrors? this aint some eye contact rodeo son you wanna make friends you do it over TCP/IP protocols, yeah?

Phew, thanks. I was thinking about cancelling. Can't have the fear of someone pulling me over to play Dance Dance Revolution with them hanging over my head for months.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Ashley said:

I won't be able to make it as I don't know what country I'll be in at that point but it won't be England. 

If you happen to be in Asia we can arrange a 2nd location and video-link to have the meetup from two locations!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, will' said:

If you happen to be in Asia we can arrange a 2nd location and video-link to have the meetup from two locations!

Okay but let's make everyone else fit our timezone. There has to be some benefit of owning this place 😛

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ashley said:

Okay but let's make everyone else fit our timezone. There has to be some benefit of owning this place 😛

I think that's totally fair and nobody would object at all.

• Thanks 1

Right, time to make a plan.

Venue: Arcade Club Bury, Ela Mill, Cork St, Bury BL9 7BW.

I've decided on Bury, as although Leeds looks good, I've actually been to the Bury one and can personally vouch for it's awesomeness. It has 2 floors, each featuring different types of machines, so there will be something for everyone. Parking is also pretty good for anyone looking to drive there. I believe public transport is also fairly reasonable, but I haven't looked into it myself.

Date: Saturday July 18th. 

I'm happy to change this if needed, but only if a significant amount of people can't make it. Once people start suggesting alternative dates, I have to decide on a date based on who can make what dates and essentially have to pick favourites. I figure July is plenty of notice so people can book it in etc.

Time: 11am - 11pm

That's Arcade Club's opening times. Obviously feel free to drop in/out whenever.

Facilities: Food and bar within Arcade Club itself. Although the food isn't exactly gourmet (it's an arcade, not a restaurant), it's not horrible and prices are very reasonable. It's basically oven food, canned/bottled drinks and snacks, but sold pretty much at cost. Arcade Club is also within walking distance of the town centre, although not really close enough that you can just pop over to the shops for a snack etc. Going into town for an evening meal and coming back later would be realistic though.

And here's a video of Arcade Club Bury, just to build some hype:

• Thanks 1

Can confirm it's easy enough to get to Bury station which takes you to Manchester Piccadilly which takes you plenty of other places. Can't remember exactly how long it took but you can find that out online. 

Screenshot below also shows there's food options around and I assume there's more in that little retail park. 

Screenshot-20200309-212841.png

• Like 1

That's a shame. I'm in Leeds 18th July...
That is a shame.

On 09/03/2020 at 11:25 PM, Goafer said:

Right, time to make a plan.

Venue: Arcade Club Bury, Ela Mill, Cork St, Bury BL9 7BW.

I've decided on Bury, as although Leeds looks good, I've actually been to the Bury one and can personally vouch for it's awesomeness. It has 2 floors, each featuring different types of machines, so there will be something for everyone. Parking is also pretty good for anyone looking to drive there. I believe public transport is also fairly reasonable, but I haven't looked into it myself.

Date: Saturday July 18th. 

I'm happy to change this if needed, but only if a significant amount of people can't make it. Once people start suggesting alternative dates, I have to decide on a date based on who can make what dates and essentially have to pick favourites. I figure July is plenty of notice so people can book it in etc.

Time: 11am - 11pm

That's Arcade Club's opening times. Obviously feel free to drop in/out whenever.

Facilities: Food and bar within Arcade Club itself. Although the food isn't exactly gourmet (it's an arcade, not a restaurant), it's not horrible and prices are very reasonable. It's basically oven food, canned/bottled drinks and snacks, but sold pretty much at cost. Arcade Club is also within walking distance of the town centre, although not really close enough that you can just pop over to the shops for a snack etc. Going into town for an evening meal and coming back later would be realistic though.

And here's a video of Arcade Club Bury, just to build some hype:

Think its time to currently put a wrap to this and put it on hold - seems the artist formally known as dr.bob knew more than all of us and was correct in the madness that covid-19 would become.

I do not want to abandon the idea of a meet though and if anything think a post covid-19 one may be worth the merit!!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this