NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Nicktendo

Formula 1 2020 Season

1 hour ago, Emerald Emblem said:

Would have spiced things up a bit had this happened a few months ago. In that situation, I'm almost certain Russell would have got the drive. I actually almost put a bet on Russell for world champion this year on the theory if the Mercedes drivers got a bit unlucky he might get enough races in that car to take it. 

Not so sure who gets it now. I really hope it's Russell but I think we'll probably get something more boring and it will be Vandoorne instead.

I’m gonna try and hold off for a few days to see if we get who will be in the car before my prediction. Or I could just put Not-Ham lol

Russell confirmed at Mercedes this weekend, cannot wait to see how he does in that car.

Also in the least shocking news of the week Schumacher has been confirmed at Haas for next season. Really looking forward to seeing him in F1 too.

• Thanks 1

Right then. Guess I can put my Not-Hamilton prediction in then. 

Pole - Bottas

FL - Verstappen

1st - Bottas

2nd - Verstappen 

3rd - Russel

4th - Albon 

5th - Sainz 

if not too late

Pole Russell

P1 Russell

P2 Verstappen

P3 Perez

P4 Leclerc

P5 Albon

FL Russell

I'd say Bottas will get a race ending issue with his car.. engine, gear box puncture or w/e. Maybe he'll lead the race but in the last 10 laps or so something will happen and he'll be forced to retire - he does seem to be like a kirby for any debris on the track this season :D

Dunno if anyone has seen the F2 race, but Nikita Mazepin shouldn't be anywhere near F1. His "defence" in that race was a fucking embarrassment. Hope the FIA strip him of his super license after that performance. Only a matter of time before he seriously injures or kills someone. 

• Like 1

Was watching but not surprised by it at all. Just the most recent incident of way too many - the guy is an absolute danger to anyone on (and off) the track with him. Unfortunately money speaks loud in F1 so I doubt much will be done to stop him getting there. Hopefully Haas can get what they need quickly and dump him asap.

Oh didn’t watch it but I’ll have to check it out. 

Good quali for George, second and only 2 tenths behind Bottas. Can’t wait for the first corner and nope George is allowed to fight for position. 

So pleased for Sergio Perez. Gotten so many podiums but never managed to get a race win.

Now he finally has a win to his name. How does this guy not have a seat for next season?

• Like 1

F1 2020 Predictions Game Round 16 Results

Epic Mercedes mistakes and another totally unexpected result. Maximum points for this race were:

Pole - Bottas (10)
Fastest Lap - Russell (10)
1st - Perez (25 + 5)
2nd - Ocon (18 + 5)
3rd - Stroll (15 + 5)
4th - Sainz (12 + 5)
5th - Ricciardo (10 + 5)

The results for this round:

1. @BowserBasher - 15
  2. @Pestneb - 15
  3. @Nicktendo - 5
  4. @Will - 5
  5. @bob - 0

And the overall standings (previous total in brackets):

1. @Will - 754 (749)
  2. @BowserBasher - 661 (646)
  3. @Mandalore - 241 (241)
  4. @Nicktendo - 196 (191)
  5. @bob - 155 (155)
  6. @Goron_3 - 113 (113)
  7. @Pestneb - 50 (35)

Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Predictions:

Pole - Russell
FL - Bottas
1st - Russell
2nd - Bottas
3rd - Verstappen
4th - Ricciardo
5th - Norris

Yabu Dhabi Do predictions

Pole - Ham/Rus

1st - Ham/Rus

2nd - Bottas

3rd - Verstappen 

4th - Perez

5th - Stroll

FL - Ham/Rus

ive used Ham/Rus as if Hamilton is back those are my picks, but if he is t I’m sure George will be in the seat again 

F1 2020 Predictions Game Round 17 Results

Another season comes to a close. Maximum points for this race were:

Pole - Verstappen (10)
Fastest Lap - Ricciardo (10)
1st - Verstappen (25 + 5)
2nd - Bottas (18 + 5)
3rd - Hamilton (15 + 5)
4th - Albon (12 + 5)
5th - Norris (10 + 5)

The results for this round:

1. @Will - 43
  2. @BowserBasher - 33

And the final overall standings (previous total in brackets):

1. @Will - 797 (754)
  2. @BowserBasher - 694 (661)
  3. @Mandalore - 241 (241)
  4. @Nicktendo - 196 (196)
  5. @bob - 155 (155)
  6. @Goron_3 - 113 (113)
  7. @Pestneb - 50 (50)

Well done to me!

cover1.jpg

• Like 2

Your very welcome! Enjoyed doing it and definitely happy to do something similar next year too. Will have to think whether it’s better for us to do one of the fantasy leagues or predictions game like this.

Think for sure you would have won had you been playing longer. My victory is definitely one of just being there every round where nobody else was.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, good idea @Will, it was very enjoyable.

I fell behind a bit, so i'll update all my predictions and just back-date them if that's all right?

Need to get a final score on what I would have got for predicting this at every race:

Pole: Hamilton
1) Hamilton
2) Don't Care
3) Not interested
4) Well I think you will be when I tell you....
5) I think there's been a rape up there!
FL: Hamilton.

28 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

Need to get a final score on what I would have got for predicting this at every race:

Pole: Hamilton
1) Hamilton
2) Don't Care
3) Not interested
4) Well I think you will be when I tell you....
5) I think there's been a rape up there!
FL: Hamilton.

Young driver test completed, this new kid Alonso seems pretty fast in the Renault. Wonder if he’ll ever amount to anything? Think I’ll support him next year and follow his career with great interest.

In other news Tsunoda confirmed for Alpha Tauri next season, wonder how long before he gets a badly timed promotion to Red Bull?

• Like 1

I suppose it depends on whether Red Bull keep Alex Albon for next season or whether they pursue a deal to sign Sergio Perez and give him the second seat.

Also, people are really mad on Twitter about Nikita Mazepin. #WeSayNoToMazepin is trending right now. The guy seems like a walking accident, he might end up costing Haas more money than he gives them.

3 hours ago, Aperson said:

Also, people are really mad on Twitter about Nikita Mazepin. #WeSayNoToMazepin is trending right now. The guy seems like a walking accident, he might end up costing Haas more money than he gives them.

Seems the guy is not only a total asshole but also a danger on the track. I imagine the money will keep him in that seat for quite a while though, 

Sign in to follow this