NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Nicktendo

Formula 1 2020 Season

I’m going similar to this past weekend. I think Mercededes will know more on the tires and not take chances. Plus they had such a huge advantage they will walk it again. 

Pole - Hamilton

FL - Hamilton

1st - Hamilton

2nd Bottas

3rd - verstappen

4th - Leclerc

5th - Ricciardo

70th Anniversary Grand Prix Predictions:

Pole - Hamilton
FL - Bottas
1st - Bottas
2nd - Verstappen
3rd - Vettel
4th - Leclerc
5th - Ricciardo

I reckon Hamilton will do something silly and end up not finishing. 

What's the difference between the 70th Anniversary GP this weekend and the previous one at Silverstone? The official site says very little and shows exactly the same map.

Pole: Hamilton
1st: Hamilton
2nd: Verstappen
3rd: HULK
4th: Ricciardo 
5th: Leclerc
FL: Verstappen

Edited by Nicktendo

1st: Ham

2nd: Max

3rd: Bottas

4: Ricciardo

5: Hulk

FL: Albon

Fastest lap: Hamilton
2nd: HULK
3rd: Thor
4th: Iron Man
5th: Captain America

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Mandalore said:

What's the difference between the 70th Anniversary GP this weekend and the previous one at Silverstone? The official site says very little and shows exactly the same map.

In practical terms very little. It’s the same track, run in the same way, with all regulations for the race the same. The one sporting difference is the use of softer tyres across the weekend, so the race is likely to be two stops as opposed to last week’s one.

The main reason for the difference is just as a way of identifying the races. Traditionally there has only ever been one British Grand Prix (and one race of each country) and they want to maintain that. If there were multiple British Grand Prix this year then it could throw records out of whack, would remove from the prestige of the event, and would just be generally weird for the sport. 

Put simply, the only difference is the name.

F1 2020 Predictions Game Round 5 Results

More tyre woes for Mercedes and Red Bull take their first win of the season, maximum points for this race were:

Pole - Bottas (10)
Fastest Lap - Hamilton (10)
1st - Verstappen (25 + 5)
2nd - Hamilton (18 + 5)
3rd - Bottas (15 + 5)
4th - Leclerc (12 + 5)
5th - Albon (10 + 5)

The results for this round:

1. @BowserBasher - 42
  2. @will' - 40
  3. @Goron_3 - 30
  4. @Mandalore - 27
  5. @Nicktendo - 15
  6. @bob - 15

And the overall standings (previous total in brackets):

1. @will' - 233 (193)
  2. @Mandalore - 158 (131)
  3. @bob - 155 (140)
  4. @Nicktendo - 126 (111)
  5. @BowserBasher - 87 (45)
  6. @Goron_3 - 75 (45)

Spanish Grand Prix Predictions:

Pole - Bottas
FL - Hamilton
1st - Hamilton
2nd - Verstappen
3rd - Sainz
4th - Bottas
5th - Perez

Not bad a race, very surprising for Redbull and Max to pull that off. But it seemed it was more the Mercs lost it that Redbull winning. 

Spain predictions
Pole - Hamilton
Fastest Lap - Hamilton
1st -  Hamilton
2nd - Verstappen
3rd - Bottas 
4th - Leclerc 
5th - Albon 

Pretty fantastic race tbh. Not a load of overtakes (although Albon's move on Kimi was tasty) but there was plenty of tension to see if Max was going to be able to pull off the win.

The tyres will be a step harder in Barcelona but the temperatures are going to be 30 degrees +, so we should be in for a pretty exciting race once again.

• Like 1

Interesting race, I'm still rooting for Lewis but it's kinda nice to know the Merc isn't totally unbeatable. Hulk put in a great effort as well, shame he had to pit again. Would love for him to coma back and get that podium one day. 

Barcelona is usually the worst European race but I'm actually super exciting for this weekend's race. The long range forecast suggests air temperature of 32 degrees which is going to have a huge impact on cooling, and no doubt track temperature. The tyres will be a step harder (similar to the British GP) but I'm not sure how beneficial that'll be given the super hot temps and the long radius corners.

Was saying to a friend it actually makes things much more interesting when they bring the ‘wrong’ tyres to a race weekend. The whole point of what Pirelli have been mandated to do is spice up the racing through quickly degrading tyres. When most of the races can be done with one stop it’s not really hitting that target IMO.

It was a good race from a strategy point of view but didn’t lead to too much on-track action which was a shame. Bottas doing another terrible job of defending his position didn’t add much to the show. When Lewis can have a bad weekend and still cruise to second place it doesn’t give much hope of a close title fight.

I do love these back to back races though. I hope the short weekend format of Imola works well and they do more triple (or more!) header weekends in the future.

Spain predictions
Pole - Hamilton
Fastest Lap - Leclerc
1st -  Hamilton
2nd - Verstappen
3rd - Bottas
4th - Leclerc
5th - Vettel

Pretty boring race, Lewis winning very easily in the end. Was really hoping that rain might come in and make things interesting but it wasn’t to be. Still loving these closely packed races, shame we have to wait for the next one.

Think Lewis is winning the title with very little problem at this point. The only thing that can stop it is Covid-19 at this point.

F1 2020 Predictions Game Round 6 Results

Lewis is making things look easy now, maximum points for this race were:

Pole - Hamilton (10)
Fastest Lap - Bottas (10)
1st - Hamilton (25 + 5)
2nd - Verstappen (18 + 5)
3rd - Bottas (15 + 5)
4th - Perez (12 + 5)
5th - Stroll (10 + 5)

1. @BowserBasher - 83
  2. @Mandalore - 83
  3. @will' - 63

1. @will' - 296 (233)
  2. @Mandalore - 241 (158)
  3. @BowserBasher - 170 (87)
  4. @bob - 155 (155)
  5. @Nicktendo - 126 (126)
  6. @Goron_3 - 75 (75)

Belgian Grand Prix Predictions:

Pole - Hamilton
FL - Albon
1st - Hamilton
2nd - Verstappen
3rd - Bottas
4th - Norris
5th - Sainz

• Thanks 1

Different race this week, lots of action mid pack. 

Belgian prediction 

2nd: Verstappen

3rd: Bottas

4th: Stroll

5th: Perez

FL: Bottas

Going very similar to this weekend for Spa. 

It’s the Indy 500 today, would have loved to watch it but unfortunately it starts at 1am here. I quite enjoy the big oval races, but not enough for that start time. My main interest this year would be Alonso, although unlikely I’d love to see him win it. If I can avoid the result in the morning I may try to find a source to watch it while working.

Final races of the year confirmed as:

15th Nov - Turkey
29th Nov - Bahrain
6th Dec - Bahrain
13th Dec - Abu Dhabi

Will be fun to see Turkey back, always felt that that track deserved a place on the calendar. Two races in Bahrain is a bit meh, hope they do something to spice that one up a bit. Maybe if the championships are wrapped up by then the teams will agree to something interesting. Abu Dhabi was always going to be the final race so no surprise there.

Kind of cool that the season is going on so long in the year. Hopefully they take some of the learnings into future seasons from how this year has gone.

I'm impressed they have managed to create what under old circumstances would be a full length season. This is not a shortened season by any means now whatsoever, the championship is genuine because of the amount of races there are.

That being said... I think this year's MotoGP season and championship are way more exciting than the F1 this season. Even if there was a rather large crash in a recent race...

That championship has had it's status quo turned completely upside down as the guy who has dominated got injured and all the smaller teams are beating the big ones. The championship is unsprisingly more interesting than F1 as a result.

F1 2020 Predictions Game Round 7 Results

A boring race at Sap?! Oh dear. Maximum points for this race were:

Pole - Hamilton (10)
Fastest Lap - Ricciardo (10)
1st - Hamilton (25 + 5)
2nd - Bottas (18 + 5)
3rd - Versappen (15 + 5)
4th - Ricciardo (12 + 5)
5th - Ocon (10 + 5)

1. @BowserBasher - 50
  2. @will' - 50

1. @will' - 346 (296)
  2. @Mandalore - 241 (241)
  3. @BowserBasher - 220 (170)
  4. @bob - 155 (155)
  5. @Nicktendo - 126 (126)
  6. @Goron_3 - 75 (75)

Italian Grand Prix Predictions:

Pole - Hamilton
FL - Hamilton
1st - Hamilton
2nd - Bottas
3rd - Verstappen
4th - Albon
5th - Sainz

Edited by will'
  • Thanks 1

Italian Grand Prix Predictions:

Pole - Hamilton
FL - Verstappen
1st - Hamilton
2nd - Bottas
3rd - Verstappen
4th - Ricciardo 
5th - Sainz

Well this race is pretty great. Most surprising turn of events in a long time. Going to be an awesome second half it it.

Just fantastic. The engine changes seem to have knocked Red Bull back but the Mercedes are still quite a way ahead. At least with only one team ahead a curve ball like this can really make for an excellent race. The mid-field is so close that really anything can happen. If they can just reel in Mercedes a bit we’d have one of the greatest periods in the sport I think.

Sign in to follow this