NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Nicktendo

Formula 1 2020 Season

The game stewards will review the rules and submissions and come back with the final call on scoring. Final results shall be announced soon.

British Grand Prix Predictions:

Pole - Bottas
FL - Bottas
1st - Hamilton
2nd - Verstapen
3rd - Perez
4th - Bottas
5th - Stroll

I keep meaning to get in on the game but always forget so jumping in early. 

Pole - Hamilton

FL - Hamilton

1st - Hamilton

2nd Bottas

3rd - verstappen

4th - Stroll

5th - Perez

Mercs are dominating at the mo so I don’t see anyone coming close. Hamilton likes Silverstone too. 

pretty good race today too. Some good close overtakes and clean racing throughout. 

Have added your predictions to the rest @BowserBasher, hopefully you’re a bit more accurate than the rest of us.

Update on complaint against @bob

Following the results for Round 3 of the Predictions Game for the Hungarian Grand Prix, a complaint was raised by @bob against the predictions of @bob. The nature of the complaint being that @bob‘s predictions were ridiculous in nature.

Having reviewed the complaint, we agree with @bob that @bob‘s predictions were indeed ridiculous, however, they did not contravene the game regulations in place at the time, and therefore @bob’s prediction score will stand. New rules have been put in place to prevent this happening in the future.

Edited by will'
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Imola and Portimao are coming in October!! 

https://racer.com/2020/07/23/imola-nurburgring-and-portimao-set-to-join-2020-f1-calendar/

Nurburgring is also coming after Sochi. 

Man, I'm so excited to see these two races (and Mugello as well). Finally, some tracks without tarmac runoff! Hope they have good races and finally prove that turning a circuit into a car park isn't the most exciting way of running the sport. 

Apparently they're still in discussion about a back-to-back weekend in Vietnam and Malaysia (yes please to both). 

This current calendar really is an F1 fan boy's wet dream. 

Edit: Forgot to mention that F1TV Pro was made available in my country today. I can still watch F1 through my parents SkyGo account, but I might give this a go if the quality is better than Sky's 720p 30fps stream. It also means I'll never have to listen to Simon Lazenby ever again :zzz:

It's 8 Euros a month or 65 for the year. Once my Access subscription runs out next month, I'll probably try a month of Pro.

Edited by Nicktendo
  • Like 2

It really is shaping up to be a great year, that’s another set of great tracks being added to the calendar.

It almost feels weird not having anything this weekend, can’t wait to get back to racing.

I'm delighted about all of those! @Retro_Link probably has bad memories of the Nurburgring from 2005 though ;)

Not only are the circuit great but Imola and Mugello don't have much tarmac run off. It's going to be brilliant watching drivers try not to overstep the limits.

Additionally, the weather will be far from ideal. Nurburgring in October has an average temperature of just 7 degrees (there was a F1 race there in July 2011 and it was the coldest GP of the last decade!) so hopefully that could create some difficulties. Imola will surely be pretty cold too.

On the other hand, Spain gets a race in August is going to be absolute hell.

On 7/24/2020 at 7:39 PM, Nicktendo said:

Edit: Forgot to mention that F1TV Pro was made available in my country today. I can still watch F1 through my parents SkyGo account, but I might give this a go if the quality is better than Sky's 720p 30fps stream. It also means I'll never have to listen to Simon Lazenby ever again :zzz:

I’ve just re-subscribed to Pro, hoping it will be a vast improvement on the Fox Sports coverage we get here. Had a little play on the last race replay and it’s really cool being able to select two drivers on boards at the same time or the pit lane camera etc. If the stream is stable on race day then it really seems like the best way to watch F1.

Sergio Perez has tested positive for covid-19 and will miss this weekends British Grand Prix. Who is Racing Points reserve driver again?

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Esteban Gutiérrez, technically a Mercedes reserve, is their most likely option apparently (Merc customer teams have access as part of the deal). 

• Thanks 1

Hopefully he’s OK. The reports so far seem to suggest it’s a relatively symptomless case - fingers crossed that remains the case.

I wonder if this will kick off something more crazy than Gutierrez? It gives Racing Point a perfect opportunity to test out options for next year.

Had totally forgotten that he was feeling under the weather at the last race. If that was Covid it’s kind of worrying as 1. He must have had it the whole weekend, and would have come into contact with a lot of people, and 2. The tests that weekend didn’t pick it up, so are they reliable? It seems as though it’s unrelated but it makes you wonder.

Seeing a lot of people saying Hulkenberg will get the seat, which would be cool. Maybe he’ll finally get that podium. It’s likely Perez will be out for more than just one race and I’m not sure anyone would want Gutierrez in their car for too long. I still hope for something a bit more crazy though.

5 hours ago, will' said:

Had totally forgotten that he was feeling under the weather at the last race. If that was Covid it’s kind of worrying as 1. He must have had it the whole weekend, and would have come into contact with a lot of people, and 2. The tests that weekend didn’t pick it up, so are they reliable? It seems as though it’s unrelated but it makes you wonder.

Seeing a lot of people saying Hulkenberg will get the seat, which would be cool. Maybe he’ll finally get that podium. It’s likely Perez will be out for more than just one race and I’m not sure anyone would want Gutierrez in their car for too long. I still hope for something a bit more crazy though.

I'm sure he will have been tested many times since two weeks ago. I find it quite unlikely that he already had it in Hungary and that they took two weeks to find it. 

Reading reports that was he photographed with fans in a restaurant in Mexico during the break and he likely picked it up there... Pictures on instagram seem to confirm it. Pretty silly really.

Edited by Nicktendo

7 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

I'm sure he will have been tested many times since two weeks ago. I find it quite unlikely that he already had it in Hungary and that they took two weeks to find it. 

Reading reports that was he photographed with fans in a restaurant in Mexico during the break and he likely picked it up there... Pictures on instagram seem to confirm it. Pretty silly really.

Yeah I hope you’re right on the testing, it would be really bad if it came out there was some fault in it.

Him going out is just mental though, of all the stupid things you could do at the moment that has to rank pretty high. If you can’t go to work in the office that’s one thing, but being an international sports star you’d really think he’d take more care. That’s before you even begin to think about the fact his seat is at high risk for next year.

Apparently his mum was in hospital which is why he flew home. Feel super bad for him to be honest. This virus can do one, so tired of it now.

Yeah it really is such a pain. Glad to see him looking well and not having any ill effects from it. Looking forward to seeing what Hulkenberg can do in the car though.

Pole: Hamilton (Lewis)
Fastest Lap: Hamilton (Lewis)
1st: Hamilton (Lewis)
2nd: Hamilton (Alexander)
3rd: Hamilton (Academical)
4th: Hamilton (Neil and Christine)
5th: Perez

• Haha 2

Lewis pulling it out of the fire when it mattered most, both Q3 times would have got him pole from Valterri. Some great performances from Leclerc and Norris getting 4th and 5th respectively and poor Seb languishing in 10th and Albon in 12th.

Hard to see anything other than a Merc dominated race tomorrow but maybe there will be a surprise.

Absolute chaos in those last laps, punctures for Sainz, Bottas and Hamilton. If Verstappen hadn't pitted to go for fastest lap he would have won, sacrificed 7 extra points for a single point extra. Has the race winner ever crossed the line with effectively 3 tyres on his car? I almost thought Hamilton wasn't gonna make the finish line before Verstappen, I was jumping round my living room. Why on earth didn't they pit Lewis when Verstappen pitted? It made for a dramatic final lap but why take the risk when your team mate on similarly degraded tyres got a puncture.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Great finish. Mercs were dominant throughout and nothing was gonna stop that 1 2. Next week could be just as fun. 

8 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Great finish. Mercs were dominant throughout and nothing was gonna stop that 1 2. Next week could be just as fun. 

Softer tyre compounds next weekend, so more pit stops might spice things up a bit, or give the Mercs the 1-2 they lost today.

Pretty boring race up until the last few laps, but what a dramatic ending! Really good work (and a rather large slice of luck) from Hamilton. Barring any major disaster he’ll walk the title. Covid-19 is probably the only thing that could possibly stop him.

F1 2020 Predictions Game Round 4 Results

Hamilton having fun with three wheels, but still takes another victory, maximum points for this race were:

Pole - Hamilton (10)
Fastest Lap - Verstappen (10)
1st - Hamilton (25 + 5)
2nd - Verstappen (18 + 5)
3rd - Leclerc (15 + 5)
4th - Ricciardo (12 + 5)
5th - Norris (10 + 5)

The results for this round:

1. @Mandalore - 53
  2. @BowserBasher - 45
  3. @will' - 45
  4. @bob - 40