NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Nicktendo

Formula 1 2020 Season

That lap time was deleted, there was no other time to use. 

He had 2 runs though, didn’t he?

I don’t think that’s the case. If they’d deleted the lap time and used his previous time he’d have still been 2nd wouldn’t he?

I don’t think that’s the case. If they’d deleted the lap time and used his previous time he’d have still been 2nd wouldn’t he?

Yeah, that’s what I mean.

1 minute ago, londragon said:

Yeah, that’s what I mean.

Sorry, I think we managed to post at exactly the same time, you’re right too.

I still think it will be a Mercedes 1-2, but will be interesting to see how it develops.

@londragon - do you have to suffer Fox Sports coverage too?

• Haha 1

The first lap he went too wide into the last corner and that lap time was deleted, the one he set was the yellow flag lap, so technically they could have had him start 10th plus the 3 place grid penalty on top, in which he was fortunate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, will' said:

Sorry, I think we managed to post at exactly the same time, you’re right too.

I still think it will be a Mercedes 1-2, but will be interesting to see how it develops.

@londragon - do you have to suffer Fox Sports coverage too?

I use somewhat iffy means to get Sky coverage.

6 minutes ago, Emerald Emblem said:

The first lap he went too wide into the last corner and that lap time was deleted, the one he set was the yellow flag lap, so technically they could have had him start 10th plus the 3 place grid penalty on top, in which he was fortunate.

Oh ok! I haven’t seen that reported anywhere.

5 minutes ago, londragon said:

I use somewhat iffy means to get Sky coverage.

I’m very jealous!

As a huge non-fan of his I’m not too upset by this development.

• Haha 1

Brilliant moves from Vettel. Can totally understand why Ferrrari didn’t even bother offering him a renewal.

• Haha 1

Yeah, didn’t expect them to be coming together so soon. The Ferrari really is a dog of a car this year.

Looks like the Mercedes have called off the racing and are just cruising to the end. They really are way ahead but it’s good to see how close everyone else is.

Well this safety car will make things interesting. Albon on the soft tyres has a car that could really cause the Mercedes some trouble.

What a great race! So much action in the last third and impossible to know what was going to happen right until the end. I think this sets us up for a great season.

8 minutes ago, Emerald Emblem said:

Hamilton starts on the back foot. It might not be the cakewalk most predicted. 

I don’t know, the only competition the Mercedes have is each other, and Hamilton looked faster for the most part today. Won’t take much for him to be back in it.

F1 2020 Predictions Game Round 1 Results

Based on the scoring system I laid out the points available are as follows:

Pole - Bottas (10)
Fastest Lap - Norris (10)
1st - Bottas (25 + 5)
2nd - Leclerc (18 + 5)
3rd - Norris (15 + 5)
4th - Hamilton (12 + 5)
5th - Sainz (10 + 5)

And the standings so far:

1. @will' - 43
  2. @Nicktendo - 33

Most of the points came from us both having a lucky pick of Leclerc in 2nd. Other points came from us both placing the Mercedes in the top 5 but getting the positions wrong. I'd gone for Bottas on pole so picked up that 10.

I'm going to keep my initial selections for the whole of the season and will post them up with the scores after each race for fairness. If anybody else wants to play just post up your top 5 for the race + pole and fastest lap.

Styrian Grand Prix Predictions:

Pole - Hamilton
FL - Hamilton
1st - Hamilton
2nd - Verstappen
3rd - Bottas
4th - Leclerc
5th - Sainz

• Like 1

Styrian GP Predctions

Pole - Bottas
FL - Albon
1st - Verstappen
2nd - Bottas
3rd - Albon
4th - Norris
5th - Perez 

Well, after what was a fairly pedestrian start it's fair to say that turned into an absolute thriller.

Really thought Alex Albon was going to pull off that impressive overtake and as the other Red Bull driver they really need him to be performing so that Max isn't scoring all of the team's points. And he completely blew it. Horrible race for Red Bull as a whole, but as a McLaren fan I'm really glad Lando Norris was able to get them back on the podium.

Not really sure Renault are going to be competitive any time soon but you never know, would be quite something if Alonso managed to win a title after his comeback but I see him slotting back into the midfield role he had at McLaren.

The Austrian Grand Prix basically said to me that Vettel is finished as a top driver. He looks really bad now and I think for his own sake he should get out of F1 and maybe look into a different category of motorsport. It's saying something considering the guy is still in his early 30s but he really looks a shadow of the driver he used to be and he looks like a guy who really doesn't want to be in F1 anymore.

Sign in to follow this