NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dan_Dare

Looking for a VGA box

Im at uni atm. I don't want to buy a tv licience, but i do want to play my xbox and gamecube games.

anyone know a UK store selling a decent multi format VGA box I could use.

You don't have to have a TV license to use a TV for GC or Xbox. Or at least, I don't think you do. Could be wrong. Give it a try and see if you get a fine, then report back.

You don't have to have a TV license to use a TV for GC or Xbox. Or at least, I don't think you do. Could be wrong. Give it a try and see if you get a fine, then report back.
Yeah, I think if you let them know that you're only using the TV for Videogames / VCR / DVD ect... it's ok. But you should find out for sure first.

any device *capable* of recieving a signal needs a licience. I beleive you can mod tvs to remove the reciever...

would be nice to do without the tv in my room though. very little room in here as it is.

UK TV license website says:

If you use a TV or any other device to receive or record TV programmes (for example, a VCR, set-top box, DVD recorder or PC with a broadcast card) - you need a TV Licence. You are required by law to have one.

So you don't need one. Just gotta detune all the channels, or not plug the aerial in.

Sign in to follow this