NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Sonic238

Soulmanager.net Online Game. I'm stuck! ;)

i guess some of you people know the games where you have to solve a riddle to come to the next stage by looking into the source code etc...

http://www.soulmanager.net

i'm stuck on level 6, maybe we could help each other?

and maybe we could put the solutions into a spoiler field so that people who want to solve it by themselves don't get tempted ;)

anyone solved level6?

here's a solution as far as i got:

level 1

just click on the monitor to get to the email field

level 2

the words "open" and "email" are italic. you have to change the adress from .../email.htm to .../openemail.htm and hit enter.

level 3

the hint is "too much sourcecode for today". if you look into the source code there is a comment line <!--enterthegate-->

you have to change the .../openemail.htm to .../enterthegate.htm

level 4

this thing is a pyramid. so change the adress to pyramid.htm like you did before.

level 5

in the sourcecode there is another hint: <!--bridge-->

these are the letters in html. so on a windows pc you type in in word ALT+98 will give you the letter "b". this results in the word bridge. adress: bridge.htm

level 6 is where i am stuck

if you change the adress to paper.htm there is another thing but i don't get it.

Well, I can't get past level six either.

It could be a clever trick where they all form a picture, or it could be some horribly complicated equation.

Guess I'll never know.

While we're on the subject of games like this, others may like to try Not Pron or alternatively God Tower. Both of which have stopped me from fulfilling my life's goal.

i got a hint from the author himself now and he tells me to open the picture in photoshop with the x and y axes, if you look now, the first grey dot in the left top corner has the 100/150, the second has 150/150 like the numbers on the right. he also told me that the following numbers are not coordinates. i assume we have to add them to draw a picture, but it keeps coming crap out from what i do.

For level six its all about Seven segmet display:

its cause that is the answer just change paper to cause

Now I'm stuck

If tou put i hate it just comes up with a white page sayin "hate is just a four letter word". I think we have to find something on google.

Figured out 7.

Search the phrase in Google and also look at the clue in the source code.

it's "shocktherapy" for those who haven't got it yet.

but what about the next level? i changed it to ../graphics/rightpicture.jpg but the picture says STILL WRONG. i tried to open the pic in editor to look at the source because ie is saying that the picture isn't correctly displayed, but nay. nothing.

The answer for level 8 is:

divein.htm

Howver can someone post the username and password to get us to stage 2 please

Totally stuck on Level 9... What would you do at 00:23:45??

I changed it to sleep and it came up with a white screen saying "00:23:45 is no time". Which is right unless you say it could be 23 minutes and 45 secs after midnight. But I think it may be cryptic so I tried putting in rush and hurry but alas to no avail. Are there any world records of 00:23:45? The 200m is similar. Well I'm just being stupid now.

Yeah I'd already tried sleep.. I tried lots of stuff, I thought of typing in 'present' (no time like the present) but nothing came up.

I've started lots of these but I've never got anywhere with them, I hope I can finish this one :wink:

What would Jack Bauer do at 00:23:45? Maybe guy or Mike can help :P

He'd be exactly 14 minutes and 57 seconds away from something pivotal to the storyline.

I changed it to sleep and it came up with a white screen saying "00:23:45 is no time".

I got the same thing when i entered "standup"

Which is odd

Same thing happens if you type in 'dream'.

Maybe it doesn't refer to the actual time but a countdown or something... This'll annoy me until I get it right... Or forget it.. Whichever comes first.

I wish I knew what hexdecimal is :P

if you put in those numbers it says try putting 0x at the start, then if you do that it says 'that wouldn't be of any use on a html page, try somewhere else' or something... where else would you type that in?

Just trying to figure that out myself...

00:23:45 in hex is 00:17:2D

0x002345 rings a bell with me about hex colours but i can't find a specific colour that matches it.

Hex is used a lot in computer science because of bytes, but i can't figure it out just yet.

Ok after wasting my time ploughing through some german forum after searching for 0x002345 the answer is:

turnright. Then click on the stump.

Sign in to follow this