NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Sméagol

Super Mario Maker 2 challenge - June challenge has started!

Time flies by like mad these days, so I wasn't keeping an eye on the deadline (had a full weekend anyway so wouldn't have had time to make something even if I wanted to). Is it an idea to, for the next month, extend the building period? E.g. 2 weeks for building, 1 week for playing and 1 week for scoring?

9 hours ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Time flies by like mad these days, so I wasn't keeping an eye on the deadline (had a full weekend anyway so wouldn't have had time to make something even if I wanted to). Is it an idea to, for the next month, extend the building period? E.g. 2 weeks for building, 1 week for playing and 1 week for scoring?

No. It's been brought up before, and my answer is the same. The whole idea of this challenge was inspired by these 1 hour levels. The whole point is to build a level with a set theme, in a short time. Originally I was going to suggest a deadline of 1 weekend, as I wanted a quick turnaround, but I thought this was too much to ask, and some people may be busy, so that's why I went with a little over a week. You really don't need more time to create a level than that. And if you happen to be busy for that whole period, that's ok, you can skip a week. Obviously it's disappointing to see fewer entries, but the solution to that would be to have more people entering, not extending the deadline. I'm 99% convinced extending the deadline is not going to help, and is in fact only going to be detrimental, as people have 1 week longer to totally forget about the challenge in the first place. Momentum will be lost completely. I mean I'm at fault for that as well, as I should post the challenges on time etc. But it's safe to say if you can't create a level within a little over a week, it's probably not going to happen within 2 weeks either.

I mean, what I can do, is have the challenge start on Friday, so you have a guaranteed 2 full weekends to create a level, which should be more than enough. But that's as far as I'm willing to go.

• Thanks 1

I do think a week is plenty of time to make a course.  I don’t think the window needs to be extended.

This has just been a crazy month for me, as I’m sure that @Glen-i can attest to! Sadly just bad timing this time around for me.

Edited by Dcubed

So unless, anyone still wants to vote, looks like @RedShell and me have to decide the theme for next week (Friday or Saturday?) together.

I finally got round to playing your levels!

And my vote goes to @Sméagol this week.  @RedShell, I liked the concept behind your level, but ultimately it’s too hard to be fully enjoyable (I know, I’d normally say this about Smeagol’s courses! I’m shocked too!).  You’ll be glad to know though that I did find Baby Face this time around MzqWJ79.png

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hmm, where was the babyface? I think I found it, but can't remember. I thought it was another easy one, like the ghost level before?

Oh speaking of your ghostlevel @RedShell, don't think I mentioned it, but I found your other little easteregg under the pipe where the mushroom comes out.

Sorry.. Got too distratced by Hades.

Theme is P-Switch.

Deadline is ehh, next week Tuesday I guess.

No other restrictions / requirements.

(I was originally thinking of having the theme be to create a remix of SMB 3 1-1, as a reaction to all the SMB 1 1-1 remixes you see. I felt it was prehaps to  restrictive, though on the other hand it also provides a early guideline. Still curious to know what you would have thought of this hypothetical theme)

Edited by Sméagol
  • Thanks 1

Cool.  I should have time this week to get it done.  Already have a neat idea for a P-Switch themed course swirling around in my head :hehe:

I like the idea of doing a remix course theme; but I already have a P-Switch idea; so too late now! Maybe next time!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

I’m going to have to sit this one out unfortunately. I was working on a level but somehow managed to completely break it and stupidly saved it in that state. :shakehead Haven’t got the motivation or time to fix it now. :hmm: Perhaps it’ll show up in the future as a regular upload.

Oh well, looking forward to playing the level/s that did get made for this. 

5 hours ago, RedShell said:

I’m going to have to sit this one out unfortunately. I was working on a level but somehow managed to completely break it and stupidly saved it in that state. :shakehead Haven’t got the motivation or time to fix it now. :hmm: Perhaps it’ll show up in the future as a regular upload.

Oh well, looking forward to playing the level/s that did get made for this. 

To be honest, I'd only just started  (surprise!), but while I have some ideas, I don't feel like cramming out a level today. Maybe I'm a bit burned out myself. I'll give it another week personally, but I suspect there will be no other entries anyway.

• Like 1

Life has unfortunately gotten in the way again for me...

I’m still gonna make my course though.  Even if it ends up being way late, I really like the P-Switch idea that I have swirling around in my head! So I’m gonna end up making it anyway; time limit or no time limit!

Edited by Dcubed

The ironic thing is that I have all the time to make a level, but have no way of actually getting it online.

Typical, huh?

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

The ironic thing is that I have all the time to make a level, but have no way of actually getting it online.

Typical, huh?

What type of connection are you on? Surely if you can post here on it, uploading a MM level should be no problem too? :blank: 

8 hours ago, RedShell said:

What type of connection are you on? Surely if you can post here on it, uploading a MM level should be no problem too? :blank: 

Let me put it this way, the Wi-Fi where I live is older than my WiiU. The Switch can't even find it.

Sign in to follow this