NEurope
Glen-i

N-Europe Super Mario Kart League 2020

QY3bqbO.png

What is the Super Mario Kart League?

This is an alternate, less frequently occuring League that will run alongside the main League. The key difference is that this will take place in the classic SNES game, Super Mario Kart.
It will take place over 11 nights throughout the year starting from Feburary.

How do I sign up?

• You will need to declare yourself "Always IN!" for this League.
  • Once a month, you will be designated another player that you will race in 3 Super Mario Kart GP's using the SNES Online App on the Switch.
  • Each pair will have to decide for themselves when they will face off against each other.
  • When you have finished a race, use the Switch's screenshot feature to snap a picture of the results so you can prove to me who won on each track. For example:

EPAEEDiU4AE7YZu?format=jpg&name=large

What else do I need to know?

• The online features for SNES online are a lot less stable than Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, so it is advisable to use a wired internet connection to minimise lag.
  • By default, all of these nights will be player's choice of character racing on Mushroom, Flower and then Star Cup on 50cc.
  • If a pair wishes to, they can change the speed to 100cc and change one of the cups to Special Cup, but both players must agree to this. They must also stick to 3 GP's per night.
  • Because of it's extreme difficulty, 150cc is banned from this League to prevent getting a Game Over by running out of lives.

2 hours ago, RedShell said:

@BowserBasher, let me know when you want to race. :)

Between 8pm-10pm would be best for me, on any day of the week except Thursday, obviously. :hehe:

That’s cool. I can do any evenings now too. How’s the weekend looking for you? Could do Saturday evening. 

16 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

That’s cool. I can do any evenings now too. How’s the weekend looking for you? Could do Saturday evening. 

Yeah, that’s fine. Saturday at 8pm then?

13 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Yeah, that’s fine. Saturday at 8pm then?

Sounds good to me. I’ll give notice if I can’t make it. 

3 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Yep. You gonna host?

You go. I never remeber how to do it on there as I hardly use it. 

1 minute ago, BowserBasher said:

You go. I never remeber how to do it on there as I hardly use it. 

Ok, code is 158.

@BowserBasher, 50 or 100cc?

Edited by RedShell

2 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

You did get the results didn’t you @RedShell  I forgot the first one and Then didn’t bother as I thought you’d be getting them. 

Yeah, I should have ‘em all.

Cheers for the games.

:peace:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Yeah, I should have ‘em all.

Cheers for the games.

:peace:

Cool. It really shows how different the games have become and play. I can’t control the karts in SMK at all. Keep going for the power slide, my reflex is to do it. 

• Like 1

@viceview51I think we need to start planning our battle! Do you have any particular times you're available? I can generally play every weeknight between 7PM-9PM. And in the weekends I also have some time during the day.

If necessary I can be a stand-in.. I haven't followed this, but it's a race of SNES Mario Kart?

• Thanks 1

On 20-2-2020 at 1:38 PM, Vileplume2000 said:

@viceview51I think we need to start planning our battle! Do you have any particular times you're available? I can generally play every weeknight between 7PM-9PM. And in the weekends I also have some time during the day.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

If necessary I can be a stand-in.. I haven't followed this, but it's a race of SNES Mario Kart?

Pretty much. Simply put, each month, people taking part get matched up with someone else and then race each other on 3 Grand Prixs using the SNES Online App.
One of you then sends me the results of each race and the better you perform, the more points you get.

But you standing in can work, I'll wait a day to see if @viceview51 responds. If he doesn't, you can race @Vileplume2000 instead.

• Thanks 1

Ok, no response.

@Sméagol and @Vileplume2000, go ahead and organise a time at your earliest convenience. I can postpone the start of the next month for up to a week to give you time to play your matches.

Just remember to record the results of each race. (50cc, unless you both agree to do 100cc, 3 different cups) And let me know when you get them.

20 hours ago, Sméagol said:

I don't think I'm going anywhere today, so let me know what time suits you.

I was away all day though. :grin: I'm free tonight though (say from 20:00 - 22:00 Dutch time). Otherwise I can do most evenings except Tuesday. 

Look like I'm not going anywhere today either (Mario Maker time! :laughing:), so around 20:00 CET is fine. You'll host, as I have no clue what you need for the league.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Look like I'm not going anywhere today either (Mario Maker time! :laughing:), so around 20:00 CET is fine. You'll host, as I have no clue what you need for the league.

Just to cover the bases, I'd like you both to try and take a screenshot at the end of each race that shows what place both of you came. Much like the example I gave on the opening post. That way, it'll be less likely that you won't record it if one of you spaces.

Have fun, and remember, it's the B Button to accelerate.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

Give me a few minutes @Vileplume2000, I want to have a quick race in single player to get a feel of the controls. Then I'll go join you.

• Thanks 1