NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

E̶3̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶0̶

3 hours ago, Map said:

Yeah interested to see what Atlas have to show.

Yep, super curious to see what they have in store for us. The only games that we know are in development are Shin Megami Tensei V (which we haven't seen since what, the Switch presentation in Jan 2017?!) and Studio Zero's Project Re Fantasy, and those games are in such a strange place in my head that they at least feel super far away. 

It's really strange that we've heard so little at this point - are they normally this secretive, or could there be some sort of development problems? For Project Re Fantasy at least, we've only seen concept art and that really weird trailer if I recall, but I do remember reading somewhere that we should be seeing something about both of these games in 2020. 

Wonder if we'll finally see a worldwide release date for 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, too. And maybe some news on Persona 5 Scramble? 

Edited by Julius

Jeff Grubb teasing the next game from A Way Out's Josef Fares:

I'm excited for seeing what this is. Played through A Way Out in one sitting with my younger brother just last weekend, and we had a great time. A very unique and well directed co-op experience. 

Schedule for IGN's Summer of Gaming:

EY89PZ5VAAEMBqa?format=jpg&name=large

EY89QHUVAAAicAE?format=jpg&name=large

EY89Q0ZVcAAfJWV?format=jpg&name=large

On 20/05/2020 at 9:21 PM, Julius said:

Wonder if we'll finally see a worldwide release date for 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, too. 

It's happening... :grin:

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

The Wholesome Direct indie showcase aired earlier this evening, putting the video below for anyone interested in seeing a slew of new indie games.

It's the first one of these they've done and they've pretty much follow the Nintendo Direct model to a T but it's a well put together Direct that showcases a lot of good looking indie games and moves along at a good pace. Well worth a watch, I'd say. Most of the games are late 2020/2021 titles with a few as far out as 2022 and most are only saying Steam as a release platform but I can see a few of these coming over to consoles as well, beyond the already announced Spiritfarer and Skatebird.

Still, always nice to see more indie games getting some love. And it'll only be the start as there's the Guerrilla Collective event from June 6-8th, with the Kinda Funny guys, that'll showcase more from smaller studios again and some bigger ones, like Larian and Studio ZA/UM.

• Thanks 1

Next Thursday at 21:00 BST...

Mentioned it in the relevant thread, but also mentioning it here as seems like IGN might have a potential scoop (nothing planned for that day at all, their first of their Summer of Gaming event) and that other news/potential related interviews could follow. 

IGN's Summer of Gaming delayed until June 8th: 

Cyberpunk 2077 showcase delayed until until June 25th: 

EA Play delayed until June 18th...

Wonder if PS5 event could potentially be around/before then, seeing as a certain title was so heavily rumoured to show up from EA at that event first. And because it would be odd to not have that event before reveals that aren't set to take place at the PS5 event start trickling out. 

Not going to get into the politics of it at all - purely because I think it's clear where I imagine everyone N-Europe stands on everything going on at the moment - but from a gaming industry perspective, I'm very curious on your opinions: do you guys think these delays are long enough, or that we'll see these events will potentially be delayed further? Is it hubris, and perhaps insensitive, on the part of EA to announce a delay that honestly isn't too far off in the future? Does it perhaps send the wrong message that they're confident that things will have calmed down by that point? Would a PlayStation approach of waiting to see what happens before going ahead with such plans potentially be better? 

Edited by Julius

Had no idea where to put this, so it's going here. 

Take-Two Interactive Software, Electronic Arts and Activision Blizzard have all expressed interest in buying the gaming division, said the people, who asked not to be named because the discussions are private. No deal is assured or imminent, two of the people said.

Former Warner Media CEO John Stankey is set to replace Randall Stephenson as the new chief executive officer of AT&T on July 1. Stankey may look to divest assets after activist hedge fund Elliott Management took at $3.2 billion stake last year, calling for divestitures and leadership changes. Elliott called for AT&T to sell non-core assets including DirecTV, a transaction Stankey hasn’t been in favor of pursuing.

So we're basically picking our poison. EA, Take Two or Activision Blizzard to potentially pick up WB Interactive. Hmm. 

Could definitely see Xbox trying to jump in on this. Actually, I think they should – would be the better option by far in my opinion. 

Looking forward to the PC Gaming livestream tomorrow to see if we really are getting Persona 3 and 4 Golden on PC, especially if Golden does get released at the same time.

1 hour ago, Julius said:

Had no idea where to put this, so it's going here. 

So we're basically picking our poison. EA, Take Two or Activision Blizzard to potentially pick up WB Interactive. Hmm. 

Could definitely see Xbox trying to jump in on this. Actually, I think they should – would be the better option by far in my opinion. 

It's a weird one to see the whole of Warner Bros. Games up for sale, especially give their access to so many IPs. Though that's probably the reason for it going on the market. Wonder if licensing out the IPs is on the cards and this will simply be the studios changing to a different publishing label. Curious to see how it plays out. Of the 3 being touted at the moment as being interested, Take Two seem the best fit for it but then that's still not a great choice as they all have bad elements to them. I'd agree Microsoft could do with getting in on the action but then any of the big 3 could do with the added teams this would bring (Nintendo especially could do with some more North American studios). Seems like it's long off but will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Also looking forward to the PC Gamer Showcase tomorrow, though I'm looking forward to seeing Dontnod's Twin Mirror game for the first time in nearly two years. The Guerrilla Collective have the first day of their 3 day event tomorrow as well, starting at 5PM BST. Indie goodness aplenty ahead with that one. Looks like we'll get some release dates for the likes of Genesis Noir as well as new info on Baldur's Gate 3 (I suspect this might turn up at the PC Gamer event as well). Studio ZA/UM are supposedly part of the event so I'm hoping that they'll drop a trailer and date for the console version of Disco Elysium, though the recent patch has meant my potato of a PC can now play it on minimum settings so I'm still trying to decide what to go with. Good couple of days ahead for announcements.

Tease for the next Josef Fares game during EA Play on Thursday:

Very excited, loved A Way Out. 

Also don't know who decided it was a great idea to hold EA Play at 16:00 PT (that's midnight over here in the UK) but they deserve to get sacked. Normally had a 21:00 BST showing during E3 if I recall to get all Western eyes on them so this is really weird, guess I'll be skipping out on that one and catching the highlights and reactions the following morning. 

Looks like DC Fandome is going to be the home for news regarding the potential new Batman game, amongst other game announcements. 

Well, it's about time. One of the industry's worst kept secrets for, what, two or three years? 

Geoff's teasing...something.

Hmm. Can't help but feel like it's hinting at the Xbox event? Could be totally wrong in my recollection of this, but I think TGA's only do "World Premiere", and "Exclusive World Premiere" is one Xbox uses? 

The Taiwan Digital Game Rating Committee has rated the unannounced Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. It is developed by Spyro Reignited Trilogy studio Toys for Bob.

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time

Here is the description that accompanies the rating:

Crash is relaxing and exploring his island in his time, 1998, when he finds a mysterious mask hidden away in a cave, Lani-Loli. The mask is one of the Quantum Masks and apparently knows Aku-Aku, Crash’s mask friend! With the Quantum Masks returning and a Quantum Rift appearing near our heroes, they decide to bravely head through to different times and dimensions to stop whoever is responsible.

Publisher Activision began teasing the announcement of a new Crash Bandicoot earlier today, as members of the press reported receiving a 200-piece puzzle that depicts a new mask first teased in a November 2019-released PlayStation 4 promotional video.

Source

Why is that sounding so familiar?

top-best-iphone-apps-plants-vs-zombies-2

For those who want to (re)watch EA's Play Live 2020:

Edited by Vileplume2000

Remember Alf? He's back! In Pog Form!  As Summer Gaming Fest tech correspondent.

Edited by Helmsly
  • Haha 2

On 20/05/2020 at 6:11 PM, Map said:

So, I just want to call it right now: I think SNK will announce some Fatal Fury stuff tomorrow. Not sure what, but my instinct is nibbling at me (or maybe they only have KOF XV, but man, I'm feeling the fury)

• Like 1

Man, I'm just sitting here mesmerized by this NGP+ stream. And I don't even know why. None of what was shown is appealing to me.

Edit: And as I was writing that Shiren the Wanderer has been announced for a 2020 Switch release :D This has me interested.

Edited by drahkon

On 22/06/2020 at 9:18 PM, Jonnas said:

So, I just want to call it right now: I think SNK will announce some Fatal Fury stuff tomorrow. Not sure what, but my instinct is nibbling at me (or maybe they only have KOF XV, but man, I'm feeling the fury)

I turned out to be wrong on both accounts :heh: Should've known SamSho is their darling right now, makes sense to focus on that. They even got to have 3 announcements, which is great. But man, kinda dirty of NGP+ to put Sega and WayForward on the card, knowing all they had to show was 5 seconds on a montage. Sneaky business.

Best announcement was Curse of the Moon 2. Hell, fucking, yeah. Corgi train? Say no more.

• Thanks 1

Bandai-Namco-Play-Anime-Broadcast_06-30-

Bandai Namco will host “Play Anime Live,” a digital showcase featuring the latest news and trailers for its lineup of upcoming console, PC, and mobile game titles, on July 22 at 4:00 p.m. PT / 7:00 p.m. ET, the company announced. You will be able to watch it live on YouTube, Twitch, and Facebook.

In addition to news and trailers, the showcase will also feature questions-and-answers with the developers, live giveaways, and more.

Interest piqued at least, hopefully more of a look at Scarlet Nexus and hopefully the reveal of one or two more titles. 

But that midnight start for us in the UK and a bit later in the morning across Europe is a death sentence, and considering how little EA seemed to care about their event at the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be a disappointment. But fingers crossed I'm totally off the mark. 

Sign in to follow this