NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

E̶3̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶0̶

5 hours ago, Map said:

Ubisoft event in July

It's always nuts to me just how much Ubisoft has in the works. 

Off the top of my head this year we've got Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Watch Dogs: Legion, I'm guessing still that Roller Champions game too? A little research shows they also have 2020 plans for Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Quarantine and The Settlers. 

Then you've got stuff we know are in the works but without any set date, like Beyond Good and Evil 2, Gods & Monsters, and Skull & Bones. 

And then you've got rumoured stuff which actually seems feasible. Prince of Persia revival? Splinter Cell revival? Mario+Rabbids sequel? 

And I'm probably either missing something, or they're going to reveal something brand new when this streams. I'm looking forward to seeing what they've got in store for us! 

And yeah, totally agree @Ganepark32. The reveals and announcements are going to be scattered all throughout the summer, so I won't feel the need to wake up earlier than normal for work or go to sleep stupidly late, because it's not all just shoved pretty carelessly into one week (if that, if we're being honest). The ESA got to dictate the E3 schedule, and obviously being in LA, the US and closer timezones than our own are prioritised; what we've got this time aroind gives developers and publishers a great chance to get a load of people on board, completely control their messaging and not feel like they're going to be old news in a few hours, and potentially at times which are generally agreeable for most of the gaming audience. 

I'm very excited :grin:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Julius said:

Mario+Rabbids sequel? 

OMG please.

I'm a fan of Ubisoft's but their showing last E3 was awful. It felt like 90% Tom Clancy, + Watch Dogs and Gods and Monsters, which admittedly looked cool, the latter in particular.

Edited by Ronnie

9 hours ago, Julius said:

It's always nuts to me just how much Ubisoft has in the works. 

Yeah they have a lot going on, they also have the Avatar game to reveal and I imagine we get Farcry 6 soon as well.

And here’s me just wanting another 2D Rayman game.

Anyway, Geoff has announced a showcase and interview for Wednesday as well.

• Thanks 1

Okay, so Geoff isn't trying to temper expectations ahead of tomorrow's event like he was for today's. 

And GameStop Italy is teasing news of a returning PS exclusive franchise coming tomorrow...

Hmm. 

Demon's Souls remake hopefully. What other exclusive franchises do they have that would be a big deal? 

8 minutes ago, killthenet said:

Demon's Souls remake hopefully. What other exclusive franchises do they have that would be a big deal? 

What's really weird to me is that Keighley's event tomorrow is an interview. If they're related at all (which they probably aren't), then I think there's probably only one scenario which suits it. 

I mean, considering how PlayStation have handled the reveal of everything for the PS5 so far - the logo, those WIRED articles, the controller? - would it really be that insane tomorrow if they revealed the design of the console itself in an interview with Cerny or someone? And then having some gameplay of a game like Demon's Souls and the announcement of the PS5 blowout in June, which lets face it, is looking to be a much stronger focus on software than previous events of the same nature? I don't actually think this would be that insane...if this was going to be delivered in any medium other than a video call. Unless they've got something pre-recorded? 

It's just really weird. The handling of everything else so far shows that they could just stick an image of the console out there on their MySpace page and have it catch fire. 

The only other interview I could possibly imagine Geoff hyping to this level would be something like an interview with Kojima. But there's no way he's prepared to be teasing something yet... right? 

9740428-16x9-700x394.png

Watch this all totally be off the mark and be an interview with someone like Reggie announcing GameStop's big push to move into the modern era or something. 

It would make sense for Sony to show some PS5 gameplay now, especially setting aside time for a discussion afterwards. 

Not long to find out though, the Summer Games Fest announcement should be happening at 4pm UK time. 

Okay, so it's an Unreal Engine demo running on PS5 and talk about their new tech. Looks fantastic, always love watching a good tech demo. 

Not a fan of the carefully stepping through a tight space, though. I know it's a very, very high end tech demo, much more complex than most games will be for some time, but man, you probably shouldn't be showing off a loading screen transition into a cutscene in this thing. 

Honestly, this got me much more excited for next gen than what Xbox showed off last week. 

EDIT: And Unreal Engine 5 confirmed, coming next year. 

Edited by Julius

Edit: and I see why now. Looks like you got the same Tapatalk error I did.

• Like 1

That's a lot of posts!
I don't think YOU understand what a lot of triangles that was!
  • Haha 1

Was thinking that UE5 seemed long overdue.  Seems promising, we'll have to see if its lofty promises actually translate into reduced development time and cost this time.  I remember all the hype surrounding global illumination last time and that didn't exactly pan out in the end...

• Thanks 1

So many triangles... :p

But it was an impressive demo, I posted my thoughts about it over in the PS5 thread.

If the demo really is truly representative about what we can expect to see, then it's certainly interesting.

Gamescom ONL in August moved back a few days. 

Wonder if PlayStation, Xbox, or any third parties will be choosing to hold off on an announcement relating to next gen until then? 

Edited by Julius

1 minute ago, Map said:

I see Japanese developers and I'm in. 

Wonder if this is some of them moving up their Tokyo Game Show announcements now that it's been cancelled? Because if it is, I'm pretty excited for it. 

8 minutes ago, Julius said:

I see Japanese developers and I'm in. 

Wonder if this is some of them moving up their Tokyo Game Show announcements now that it's been cancelled? Because if it is, I'm pretty excited for it. 

Yeah interested to see what Atlas have to show.

Whoa, Sega and SNK!? Sure, Inti Creates, Grasshopper, etc. are also good, but for me, it's seeing one of the former giants make a move that has me excited.

Sign in to follow this