NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

E̶3̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶0̶

EUwCY7uWsAAyrvN?format=jpg&name=900x900

E3 is cancelled, but the jolly times haven't been.

I'm retrofitting this thread from one specifically about E3 2020 now that it's cancelled (and how poorly that was being handled) to one about what those developers and publishers are all doing with their announcements and reveals, many of which have revealed that they will be doing digital events or have something in the works. 

First things first: who's still in? From what we know so far, Xbox still have plans for an Xbox Series X in June, and other big developers like Nintendo and Ubisoft have confirmed that they're at least looking into their options.

Still no word from EA, and worse yet still no word from WB, who were reportedly preparing for their first E3 presentation this year. 

Bethesda are out.

A whole lot of big developers are joining IGN for their Summer of Gaming digital event. 

And the ESA are supposedly not planning a digital replacement event for E3 2020, and instead are planning to lean on others. Typical. 

As dates and times start to be announced and confirmed for these events, I'll be sure to update this post with all of the details. 

ORIGINAL: Figured it was finally time to start this thread!

Think there's no better way to get the ball rolling than with Geoff's announcement from earlier today:

Edited by Julius
  • Thanks 2

I think it's worth pointing out that there must be some funny goings on for Geoff to pull out, especially given the next tweet.

Yeah, this is going to be an interesting year. Sony is of course the big one staying home, and now this decision from Geoff. Maybe what he knows of the show is that they will host a commercial-filled awards show and he doesn't want to do 2 of those. :p

Anyway, confirmed so far are:

Xbox, Nintendo, Ubisoft, Bethesda, SEGA, Capcom, Square Enix, Take-Two, Bandai Namco, Warner Bros, Limited Run, Activision, Amazon games, Epic, THQ and XSEED, plus some smaller ones.

Xbox will no doubt go all out, and I'm really curious what Nintendo will show. But my anticipation for E3 has been going down in the past few years, and will be just an interesting week, just as the weeks of PAX and Gamescom are interesting as well. 

Edited by Vileplume2000
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Xbox will no doubt go all out, and I'm really curious what Nintendo will show. But my anticipation for E3 has been going down in the past few years, and will be just an interesting week, just as the weeks of PAX and Gamescom are interesting as well. 

I'm intrigued to see what Microsoft bring to the table. After being a huge fan of the 360, they completely lost me this generation and i'm eager to see how or if they can win me back. As for Nintendo, i'm anticipating BOTW2 and Metroid Prime 4 to make an appearance but after that I have no idea what to expect. I always hope for one of their long dormant franchises to make a return but it never seems to happen. :( 

5 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'm intrigued to see what Microsoft bring to the table. After being a huge fan of the 360, they completely lost me this generation and i'm eager to see how or if they can win me back. As for Nintendo, i'm anticipating BOTW2 and Metroid Prime 4 to make an appearance but after that I have no idea what to expect. I always hope for one of their long dormant franchises to make a return but it never seems to happen. :( 

I'm expecting a lot of Series X games for Microsoft, but also think they'll show another version of the console, probably the cheaper version. I'm curious to see if they can clearly communicate how they think the Xbox platform is going to work, with streaming and one or more consoles in the mix. Communication hasn't been their strongest point in the past.

And talking about brands that don't communicate well: Yeah I think Nintendo showing more of BOTW2 is a given. Metroid Prime 4 is long overdue but I don't think it will be more than a teaser still. Would be nice to see some Bayonetta 3 and hopefully a release indication for that. Also there almost has to be something Mario in there (maybe a new Paper Mario although I think that is too small a franchise to be the main star game). And is it too early for Splatoon 3?

As for those long-lost franchises I agree. We can sum up the wishlist again but I know better by now haha. All right, just one then: Golden Sun 3!

I just want the big three to do their conference/shows a week before E3 starts. Just as a big "fuck you" to the event :D 

Don't have any expectations. My hype for E3 is gone...I'll definitely follow the news (the gaming news, not the influencer, celebrity news) but probably won't tune in to anything live.

Kind of a sad thing to type out :( 

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

As for those long-lost franchises I agree. We can sum up the wishlist again but I know better by now haha. All right, just one then: Golden Sun 3!

You're in luck...

EQqG1SEWsAAwpKa?format=jpg&name=small

:D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I wonder if Square Enix will talk about part 2 of FFVII at all

Interesting. I never even thought about that. I suppose it depends on just how far along they are with the next part.

14 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Interesting. I never even thought about that. I suppose it depends on just how far along they are with the next part.

Hopefully they are far enough along to talk about it, even if just to push sales of part 1 but I think given that they already have a lot of the important assets built for it we won't have as long to wait in comparison to part 1. Depends I guess if the team went straight into working on 2 after finishing 1.

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

You're in luck...

EQqG1SEWsAAwpKa?format=jpg&name=small

Watch there be a Switch remake of this one just because @Vileplume2000 forgot it existed.

For what it's worth, I think that game gets way too much flak because it's not quite as good as the first two.

I enjoyed my time with Dark Dawn, despite it not being as good as 1 and 2. Just as I enjoyed Metroid Prime Corruption, while it wasn't as good as 1 and 2. 

I see a trend here, with MP4 coming by power of logic this means GS4 is also coming. Hype!

Well, this a coincidence. I've got in from work to find this has arrived. :D 

EQqyPpSWkAAhSLd?format=jpg&name=small

All done, @drahkon. :p 

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Well, this a coincidence. I've got in from work to find this has arrived. :D 

EQqyPpSWkAAhSLd?format=jpg&name=small

All done, @drahkon. :p 

Word of warning, a somewhat valid reason this game gets criticism is because some of the Djinn/Summons are permanently missable.

It might be in your best interest to consult a guide for those if you're going for 100%

• Thanks 1

It’s Sonic’s 30th anniversary next year so I wonder if we’ll get some game announcements this E3. I could see sequels to Mania and Generations.

3 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

It’s Sonic’s 30th anniversary next year so I wonder if we’ll get some game announcements this E3. I could see sequels to Mania and Generations.

Probably launch titles for the Dreamcast 2.

12 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Probably launch titles for the Dreamcast 2.

Very possible yeah. My uncle works at SEGA so I know it totally releasing next year.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Sonic Adventure 3... believe! :D

That's called Sonic '06.

Trust me, you don't want to buy Sonic Adventure 3.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Word of warning, a somewhat valid reason this game gets criticism is because some of the Djinn/Summons are permanently missable.

It might be in your best interest to consult a guide for those if you're going for 100%

Thanks to a convenient clipping glitch though, it’s possible to go back and get those “missable” Dijin & summons though :D 

Edited by Dcubed

Anyway.  E3? Yeah, it’s dead Jim.

Not too surprising that Nintendo are hosting a booth there, but don’t expect anything outlandish and spectacular like previous years.  It’ll probably just be low key and in line with every other convention they attend.

As for announcements? BOTW 2 is getting delayed till next year (from what I’ve heard) and there are some nice Wii U ports coming.  I expect a CG teaser trailer for Metroid Prime 4 (the game itself will probably not release for the current model Switch at all), while Bayonetta 3 will be their big new “core” focused game (and it is defo coming this year).

Otherwise, a couple of interesting new IPs, one classic Nintendo franchise revival from NDCUBE, Paper Mario Switch,  another Labo and that’ll do I reckon.  I do like the idea of a more adult focused party game that’s more akin to Jackbox than Mario Party for a change...

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Thanks to a convenient clipping glitch though, it’s possible to go back and get those “missable” Dijin & summons though :D 

Not all of them. Even with that very useful glitch, there will be some that are gone forever.

On 2/13/2020 at 8:37 PM, Happenstance said:

Very possible yeah. My uncle works at SEGA so I know it totally releasing next year.

tmg-article_default_mobile.jpg

"The health and safety of our attendees, exhibitors, partners, and staff is our top priority. While the ESA continues to plan for a safe and successful E3 show June 9-11, 2020—we are monitoring and evaluating the situation daily.

Our E3 team and partners continue to monitor COVID-19 via the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). We are actively assessing the latest information and will continue to develop measures to further reduce health risks at the show.

Again, please know that we will continue to evaluate new developments and provide updates, as needed."

With the way the virus is spreading, I wouldn't be surprised if E3 did get cancelled/moved. 

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this