NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Shorty

Apologies for downtime

We're really sorry for the downtime over the last couple of days.

Automatic payment for the hosting didn't proceed as it should, leading to a short downtime a few days ago, which I quickly resolved.

Then, 24 hours later, the hosts demanded payment again. Since our generous Patreon supporters keep the server alive, I didn't want to just throw their money at the problem to make it go away. But, unable to get ahold of them to determine why I needed to pay a second time, I couldn't get the forum to come back up. With the looming threat of the account being deleted if payment wasn't made within 72 hours, and still no response from the host, I gave in and paid again.

Now to chase them and make passive-aggressive comments about them on Twitter.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 10
  • Sad 1

Oh, the forums are back! :D (I wasn't refreshing every five minutes to check, honest!) ;)

Thanks for getting the forums back @Shorty :) still, crazy that they made you pay a second time but it's just as well that you did as we don't want the account deleted.

We're very grateful for the Patreon support we get though, from staff and forum members; it's good that we had something to pay the ransom with, even though it was clearly a last resort and hopefully we'll be able to get some sort of refund from the company or at least be in credit for the next time payment is required I guess? :peace:

Excellent to have the forums back anyway, just in time for Thursday as well which is typically a busy day for N-Europe in general. :smile:

• Like 6

Lol, yeah sorry. Not sure what's wrong to be honest, an issue with a particular database table has occurred more than once. Luckily a quick reboot fixes it, but it looks like that fix might be temporary. Will hopefully get time to look at it at the weekend.

• Thanks 9

Sign in to follow this