NEurope
Glen-i

N-Europe Mario Kart 8 DX League 2020

4 hours ago, drahkon said:

Oh shit, it's already February?

Damn, I wanted to unlock the Special Cup just in case somebody wants to give it a go.

@Glen-i What do you think about making a separate thread for the Super Mario Kart League? I think it would help with keeping the thread(s) better organized.

It's the first month, Special Cup doesn't feel like a first month kind of cup.

Anyway, what does everyone think about his suggestion of a separate thread for the SMK League?

23 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Anyway, what does everyone think about his suggestion of a separate thread for the SMK League?

I don't mind, I was happy enough with the two threads as one if it made it easier for you to keep track of, but if having a thread for each would help with organisation, then I don't see why not and I suppose it might encourage more conversation between two distinct threads being that they are different games.

Either way... I'll gladly play Super Mario Kart with yourself or @viceview51 any time :) I've got my SNES pad since last time so there shouldn't be any technical issues. :peace:

1 minute ago, S.C.G said:

I don't mind, I was happy enough with the two threads as one if it made it easier for you to keep track of, but if having a thread for each would help with organisation, then I don't see why not and I suppose it might encourage more conversation between two distinct threads being that they are different games.

Either way... I'll gladly play Super Mario Kart with yourself or @viceview51 any time :) I've got my SNES pad since last time so there shouldn't be any technical issues. :peace:

Next week on Friday would be best for me if vice isn't IN!

25 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

I suppose it might encourage more conversation between two distinct threads being that they are different games.

This was my main thought behind separate threads. It might also become a little tedious to wade through all the different posts in a single thread for both leagues.

• Thanks 1

@Dcubed When's a good time for you?

I'd be available almost anytime today. Starting tomorrow I'll only be available from 6pm if I'm at home.

I might actually buy Mario Kart 8 sometime this week. 

@Glen-i Do I need to have the DLC to take part in the league? Because the game plus new tracks I can't afford right now :D 
Edit: Nevermind..the Switch version has all the DLC, right? :blush:

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

Feburary Fixtures

ZH4FMjW.png

Right, Feburary has started, so here are the first bunch of pairings that will play Super Mario Kart this month. It's the first month, so I used a random number generator to determine who goes with who.
[mention=2521]drahkon[/mention] VS [mention=883]Dcubed[/mention]
[mention=521]S.C.G[/mention] VS [mention=16048]Glen-i[/mention]
[mention=182]RedShell[/mention] VS [mention=2412]BowserBasher[/mention]
Now, I'm not sure if [mention=4622]viceview51[/mention] is IN! for Super Mario Kart League, if he is, then he'll face [mention=521]S.C.G[/mention] instead.
Each of you will need to discuss when you'll be able to play. Private Message is probably the best way to go, but it's up to you.
Make sure you play your three GP's before March. And refer to the second post on this page if you need a reminder of what you need to do once you start playing.
And most importantly, get those screenshots on each race. Don't just assume the other person will get it for you.
Have fun!

I'm in for Super Mario Kart too.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

@Glen-i I have to mention you again.

I'm always in! for the Mario Kart 8 league

AScA.gif

Edit: I obviously don't have any parts/karts/bikes unlocked so I will probably have to use one of the standard pieces of equipment. I'll try to unlock as many things as I can but not sure how much time I have and I think the unlocks are randomized, which would complicate things even more.

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 2

On 2/3/2020 at 2:21 PM, drahkon said:

@Dcubed When's a good time for you?

I'd be available almost anytime today. Starting tomorrow I'll only be available from 6pm if I'm at home.

Hey there, sorry for the late reply; but I'll be free on Friday, Saturday and Sunday this week :) 

• Like 1

OK, seeing as @Vileplume2000 has declared himself IN! for Super Mario Kart, he'll be facing @viceview51 this month.

You two will have to organise when to play. And don't forget those screenshots.

19 hours ago, drahkon said:

@Glen-i I have to mention you again.

I'm always in! for the Mario Kart 8 league

AScA.gif

Edit: I obviously don't have any parts/karts/bikes unlocked so I will probably have to use one of the standard pieces of equipment. I'll try to unlock as many things as I can but not sure how much time I have and I think the unlocks are randomized, which would complicate things even more.

Great! Welcome to the main league!

I understand if you don't have the Pipe Frame unlocked. If that's still the case by Thursday, please use the City Tripper instead, as that has the same stats as the Pipe Frame, yet does not need to be unlocked.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Hey there, sorry for the late reply; but I'll be free on Friday, Saturday and Sunday this week :) 

No worries. I can definitely make one of those days work. Not sure exactly which one, though, right now.

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

I understand if you don't have the Pipe Frame unlocked. If that's still the case by Thursday, please use the City Tripper instead, as that has the same stats as the Pipe Frame, yet does not need to be unlocked.

I unlocked it yesterday :D Only took me 250 or so coins.

Anyway, looking forward to tomorrow :peace: 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, drahkon said:

No worries. I can definitely make one of those days work. Not sure exactly which one, though, right now.

Cool.  Just @ me or PM me when you know when you'll be free! :peace:

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, viceview51 said:

@Glen-i are different coloured characters allowed?

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

No, if it wasn't in Super Mario Kart, it's not allowed tonight.

Green Yoshi only, Normal Mario and Peach and so on.

Thanks for the races. Very fun, even though not very successful for me :p 

Some clips:

Sorry, @martinist :D 

YEAH, SO MUCH FUN. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. :p 

giphy.gif

Just now, viceview51 said:

3 Yoshi's out of 7 players, our creativity is amazing.

Hey, I did use Bowser in the first GP. Which wasn't even my worse one...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

OK, @drahkon, so there was a disconnection on your end in the second GP.

Normally, when this happens, I tell the disconnected person their score for that GP and if they wish, they can discount it. Effectively, it means they weren't in that GP.

Your score in that was 29. For comparison, you got 19 points in the first GP and 14 in the last one.

So despite being disconnected, it was your highest scoring GP of the night. I recommend keeping it as it'll increase your average, but it's up to you.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I recommend keeping it as it'll increase your average, but it's up to you.

I don't see a reason to discount it, so I'm keeping it.

• Thanks 1

EQLWah5UcAAmpak?format=jpg&name=large

EQLWah0UwAYFpTh?format=jpg&name=large

Note: @drahkon was disconnected and his actual score here was 17.

EQLWah3VAAEGOLc?format=jpg&name=large

Note: All above scores are before the usual recalculation and do not include Champion's Bonus or Loser's Gambit.

Bf87c91.png

This is a good opportunity for me to explain more about how the Loser's Gambit works.

So, before yesterday, @BowserBasher was last, so he got the opportunity to nominate someone who he think he could beat for some bonus points. He nominated @S.C.G.
Now @S.C.G was 2 places above @BowserBasher, so every time he beat @S.C.G in a GP, he got 2 bonus points, which he pulled off in all 3 GP's.
Get it? The higher the person the loser nominates, the more points they'll get if they beat them in a GP. High risk, high reward.
Keep in mind that this stacks with the Champion's Bonus. @drahkon will take the Loser's Gambit next week.

Anyway, with that out of the way...

Next League Night: 13th Feburary 8pm

H1nXE1S.png

Room 1: @BowserBasher is host

@Glen-i

@BowserBasher

@RedShell

@martinist

@viceview51

@S.C.G

@drahkon

Now that we've got racing down pat again, it's time to shake the rust off of Battle Mode.

• Thanks 3

On 01/02/2020 at 4:03 PM, Glen-i said:

Next week on Friday would be best for me if vice isn't IN!

Oh snap! That's today isn't it?

Is 8PM tonight  any good for you @Glen-i?

10 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Oh snap! That's today isn't it?

Is 8PM tonight  any good for you @Glen-i?

Any time is fine by me, I'm free all day. Although, if you're available in the afternoon, that would be preferred.