NEurope
Glen-i

N-Europe Mario Kart 8 DX League 2020

26 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

I’ve gone no cpu, let me know if they should go on for next ones. 

Sorry, it seems to mess up now and again when two Switches go online on @Dcubed's connection.

I'll need you to send me the last two races in the second GP.

8 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Sorry, it seems to mess up now and again when two Switches go online on @Dcubed's connection.

I'll need you to send me the last two races in the second GP.

That’s cool. I got them all. 

Thought I’d made a horrible mistake saying bikes only after GP1, but I pulled it out the bag. And what a close final GP. What happened @Glen-i you came last. 

Double post but that’s ok cause it’s a seaplane..... wait wrong game. It’s ok cause it’s highlights!

• Haha 1

Highlights!

Well that was bloody horrendous for me.  But at least it was horrible for Glen too!

• Haha 2

@BowserBasher, you're gonna have to get the scores for GP2 and probably GP3.

I don't think @Dcubed and I will be able to play in the same room anymore. It's consistent disconnections.

• Thanks 1

I'm bailing out of the last GP to let Glen play.  Our connection keeps crapping out when we're both in the same online room and I can't fix it right now.

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Glen-i said:

OK, @BowserBasher, I'll only need the results of GP2 from you.

That’s cool. I got them all as usual anyway. I’ll get them to you ASAP. 
fun night again, battle mode screwed me over so many times again. 

OK, so I got the results down in the League Table then realised I forgot to get up the results of each GP, so no GP tables this week. (Man, I'm as rusty as I am on Mario Kart itself)

Oh, and I also realised that the first half of the League is now over! That snuck up on me! So without further to do...
Sorry that I can't give more detail on people this time, I wasn't there for most of it.

3rd Place

martinist

avatar2148_19.thumb.gif.a8834eee727f9c4f

Just breaking the 2,000 point mark (2,063 points total), with an average score of 32.7 (Just squeaking past 4th place).

2nd Place

viceview51

Ferret-mirror.thumb.png.24c20ca86c7c957e820a7dd0070706ad.png

Total of 2,423 points and an average score of 38.5. What's notable here is that old vice got the most amount of 1st Place GP wins. Couldn't compensate for the lows though...

1st Place

BowserBasher

avatar2435_10.thumb.gif.84c53a6ffdb50df4caa9caeb52639080.gif

Our 1st half winner was much more consistent with his top 3 placings and got a total of 2,605 and an average of 41.3.

0qRCMPn.png

Congratulations to @BowserBasher for clinching the first half, more than two thirds of every GP in the top 3 is really impressive.
I'm sure some of you are wondering where my score went. Well, you see...

Spoiler

uB0jBvU.png

Of course my attendance was 49%. But rules are rules, what do you think I am? Some kind of political advisor?

Next League Night: 2nd July 8pm

TBlpvYM.png

Room 1: @BowserBasher is host

@Glen-i

@BowserBasher

@martinist

@viceview51

@S.C.G

OK, guys. Fresh start! The table is reset. Once more! With feeling!

I'm going to take this opportunity to give a shout out to @Jayesse. I understand that you're new to this, but get in the habit of checking what the theme is each week and stick to it. I had to discount your score in the first GP because you weren't Baby Rosalina throughout most of it, but you seem to get what happened afterwards, seeing as you switched to the setup.
Also, try and get here for 7:45. It makes my life harder if people show up late to the first GP without notice. We'll happily wait up to 5 minutes if you're running late, but just let me know.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I'm happier about the 100% attendance rate than the 3rd place to be honest.

• Haha 1

Even though @Glen-i dropped below the 50% for the final table, I’m taking that win. Woohoo me. Great fun as always guys. Let’s keep it going for the second half of the year too. 

Certainly  back to Mario Kart form there. Some screwy finishes throughout the night. 

Edited by BowserBasher

Wow, that sure was a lot of Lightning!

EDIT: Highlights!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7zcApFG.png

A reminder of the things to take note of when it comes to the scoring.

• CPU's have absolutely no bearing on the scores, so even if a CPU beats you, it doesn't matter. The scoring is treated as if it was a 6-player race. CPU's are purely used to bolster the numbers if there are 6 or fewer human players.
  • These scores are before the usual League calculations take effect. (Total points divided by Number of Players multiplied by 12)
  • These scores also don't take into account any Champion's Bonus that apply. (Bonus 10 points for beating Glen-i in a GP, 5 points if you beat RedShell, 15 if you happen to beat both)

Right, with that out of the way...

z5pn2B6.png

3 way tie right at the start? Creepy. Bound to change next week, which brings me nicely to...

Next League Night: 9th July 8pm

MENdVaE.png

Room 1: @BowserBasher is host

@BowserBasher (Team Classic Leader)

@viceview51 (Team BotW Leader)

@Glen-i

@S.C.G

@martinist

@Jayesse

It's been a while since I've been able to do a Team Night, so allow me to refresh your memory on how this works. (And also for @Jayesse's benefit, seeing as this is his first Team Night)

• Everyone who isn't a Team Leader should send me a Private Message saying what team they want to be in. Your choice must remain secret.
  • If one team has way more members than the other, I will ask the leaders to choose who gets moved to the other side.
  • Your points are still mainly determined by your placing, so you still want to come in 1st.
  • The team that has the highest total score on each GP will get an extra 10 points.
  • The Champion's Bonus does not apply to Team Nights.

And before you ask, I've already informed both BowserBasher and viceview51 of which team I have chosen, so no-one can accuse me of shenanigans outside of Mario Kart.

• Thanks 4