NEurope
Glen-i

N-Europe Mario Kart 8 DX League 2020

24 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

@S.C.G

@martinist

@viceview51

@Kounan  last night of the year guys. Get those points and finalise your places. 

I completely forgot that it was Thursday, 8pm just passed me by without a second-thought. :p

I won't join part-way through, my place on the leaderboard is all but finalised in any case. :D

All the best though, and thanks for all the GP's and Battle mode runs we've had this year, it has been fun. :peace:

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, martinist said:

100% attendance, nice.

Snap. And I think I’ll be taking the most points award too. 

Great year everyone. And some great racing tonight. There was one race on mushroom only that had three of us close all race, think it was Sunshine Airport. Slipstreaming and mushrooms, bumping and overtakes. Great race. I might try to find it on MKTV

Anyway. Highlights from me. 

Sorry for the delay. Here's last week's results.

urJ74Op.png

Which means we're at the end of the second half of the league and the end of the year. So it's time to get those final results up. Forgive me for being quick with this one, there's still the whole year results for me to do.

3rd Place

viceview51

Ferret-mirror.thumb.png.24c20ca86c7c957e820a7dd0070706ad.png

2nd Place

BowserBasher

avatar2435_10.thumb.gif.84c53a6ffdb50df4caa9caeb52639080.gif

1st Place

Glen-i

HNI_0034.thumb.png.bcdbbe93216731544dc2aa48fba7480d.png

dBeS02J.png

Spoiler

MNDljeG.png

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 2

And now, the moment we've all been waiting for! No, not the actual end-of-year results. What are you, new? It's the pointless end-of-year award ceremony!

bIr7KzGvp5Ri.gif

So, first of all, time to acknowledge the Teacher's Pets out there with;

The Perfect Attendance Award

This award goes to the person who showed up for all 138 GP's this year. This is a very special award in that it comes with a certificate I slapped together in 5 minutes!

kKkTd8w.png

I'd mention the honourable mentions, but I'm the only qualifying person who didn't get more than 90% attendance, so well done!

On 12/17/2020 at 9:04 PM, BowserBasher said:

Snap. And I think I’ll be taking the most points award too.

That's not an actual thing, but this is!

The Blue Shell Award

anigif_original-10559-1439583091-4.gif

This award goes to the person who claimed the most second places throughout the year. It must be nice, not having to be paranoid about getting hit with one of those.

@BowserBasher claims it this year, with 34 2nd places! Good for you! I hope you enjoyed the comedy of watching the person in front of you get blown up.

@viceview51 was the runner-up for this one.

The Ultimate Rivalry Award

tenor.gif

This award goes to the two people with the smallest point difference between them. Making me have to swap your rows all the time, I hope you're bloody happy!

@BowserBasher and @viceview51 were the winners this year, with a 1.8 point difference between them.

The Balanced Player Award

AwNEeg7.gif

This goes to the player who not only achieved more than 10 1st, 2nd and 3rd placements throughtout the year, but also had the smallest difference between all three of those. In other words, a great balance between all their top 3 placements.

@BowserBasher has a difference of only 4! (34 1st, 34 2nd and 30 3rd placements) That's very impressive!

@viceview51 is the runner up with a difference of 7. That was actually better than last year's winner, but alas...

And now, the final results. You'll be glad to know that I'm not utilising shoddy MS Paint skills this time!

Spoiler

Go, Go, Cruddy MS Paint Job!

wp4XVbL.png

Ah, you can taste the low-res!

e4jS42I.png

Thanks to everyone who took part this year. Let's face it, it's been difficult for a lot of people and I can only hope that the N-E League brings you some much needed levity in these difficult times.

Massive thanks to @BowserBasher for taking on far more responsibility than he'd be expected to when lockdown prevented me from performing my duties. I think you deserve a 20% raise. You've earned it.

And thanks once again to @RedShell for providing the best looking graphic in this thread. It really brings people's guard down so I can shock and appall with my graphics. I know you haven't been able to attend the League for most of this year, but it'd be fab if you could whip up a logo for 2021. In your own time, of course. There's no rush.

Anyway, I've been thinking about the attendance of people, with only 5 making the 50% attendance threshold, I'm thinking that a change of day might be required. CPU's may help make things feel less empty, but it's no substitute for people you can moan at afterwards. So I'm gonna open a thread shortly that will ask people what day and time might better suit them. I expect you lot to show up there and give input.
Because of that, I can't give an exact date for the start of next year's league, but it'll be sometime around the end of January.

• Like 2

God damnit! @Dcubed. At least let me make a thread to guage interest in rebooting the League before jumping the starting light!

That's a messed up boost start right there.

EDIT: But yeah, I'll be doing that tomorrow.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 3

So, by the more expensive online mode and this will be included (of coure you will loose it if you don't renew the subscription). But 48 courses, not bad.

2 minutes ago, Kounan said:

So, by the more expensive online mode and this will be included (of coure you will loose it if you don't renew the subscription). But 48 courses, not bad.

You can buy the Mario Kart DLC separately if you want.

Edited by Glen-i

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

You can buy the Mario Kart DLC separately if you want.

Yeah, but I need the online subscription anyway for online play, and with the N64 games and SEGA games, it is probably worth it to get it this way. Have to see the prices first. 

11 hours ago, Kounan said:

Yeah, but I need the online subscription anyway for online play, and with the N64 games and SEGA games, it is probably worth it to get it this way. Have to see the prices first. 

If you're going to play the N64 and Sega games and want this DLC it's definitely with it. Plus since they have already released the AC HHP DLC like this, there's a chance future DLC will be included in the price too. I already got it for the AC stuff and wanted the N64 stuff so this is literally free MK DLC for me.

Also, YES. Mario Kart League is coming back, make it happen @Glen-i we've more than enough new courses to make some fun new theme nights.

4 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

If you're going to play the N64 and Sega games and want this DLC it's definitely with it. Plus since they have already released the AC HHP DLC like this, there's a chance future DLC will be included in the price too. I already got it for the AC stuff and wanted the N64 stuff so this is literally free MK DLC for me.

Also, YES. Mario Kart League is coming back, make it happen @Glen-i we've more than enough new courses to make some fun new theme nights.

I am not sure if I will play it as I don't have much time, but there are games I would like to play. Btw. how is the graphics on these games? But, I think a lot of these games would be interesting for my daughter, and especially as it seems that hey will ad more and more value to the online subscription.

1 hour ago, Kounan said:

Btw. how is the graphics on these games?

They are N64 games, so some hold up and some don't. Remember the N64 was one of the first machines that gave us 3D gaming so some games are rough around the edges. But then we have games that really did take advantage of the hardware and looked incredible for the time.

2 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

They are N64 games, so some hold up and some don't. Remember the N64 was one of the first machines that gave us 3D gaming so some games are rough around the edges. But then we have games that really did take advantage of the hardware and looked incredible for the time.

But Mario 64, is that the upgraded version, or original? 

28 minutes ago, Kounan said:

But Mario 64, is that the upgraded version, or original? 

Original N64 version.

It differs from the 3D All-Stars version by having the Backwards Long Jump still in it.

Worth noting that all of the N64 games on the NSO service run in 720p; making them look far sharper and cleaner than they did on original hardware.

Some games like Banjo Kazooie hold up remarkably well and still look great today IMO!

Thx to both of you. OK this 720p sounds actually good. That is my only concern, if it's sharp enough. 

I will probably get it.