NEurope
Glen-i

N-Europe Mario Kart 8 DX League 2020

3 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Any time is fine by me, I'm free all day. Although, if you're available in the afternoon, that would be preferred.

If the afternoon is better for you then name a time, I can't guarantee there won't be any interruptions but three GP's on Super Mario Kart doesn't take that long.

6 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

If the afternoon is better for you then name a time, I can't guarantee there won't be any interruptions but three GP's on Super Mario Kart doesn't take that long.

Whenever is most convenient, I have access to the wired connection in the afternoon, so it'd be better then.

@Dcubed I could do almost any time today unless something comes up, of course.

Edit:  Here's my code: 3320-4577-2619

Edited by drahkon
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Whenever is most convenient, I have access to the wired connection in the afternoon, so it'd be better then.

I could squeeze in the three GP's now if that's good for you as well? :)

2 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

I could squeeze in the three GP's now if that's good for you as well? :)

Righto, I'll save on Pokémon and boot up the SNES app.

OK, room's open, @S.C.G

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

Righto, I'll save on Pokémon and boot up the SNES app.

Just updating the SNES app.... downloaded, be right there.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, drahkon said:

@Dcubed I could do almost any time today unless something comes up, of course.

Edit:  Here's my code: 3320-4577-2619

Cool.  Shall we say 20:00?

I'll send you a friend invite shortly :hehe:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Cool.  Shall we say 20:00?

I'll be there :peace: 

Would you mind hosting? I can only use WiFi with my Switch so not sure if it's any good for hosting. You can then also choose whatever speed/GPs you want :p 

Edit: I assume you mean 8pm GMT?

Edited by drahkon

3 minutes ago, drahkon said:

I'll be there :peace: 

Would you mind hosting? I can only use WiFi with my Switch so not sure if it's any good for hosting. You can then also choose whatever speed/GPs you want :p 

Edit: I assume you mean 8pm GMT?

Yeah, I don't mind hosting, that's not a problem.

And yeah, I meant 8PM GMT :) 

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Dcubed said:

And yeah, I meant 8PM GMT :) 

Alright. I'm pretty sure I can make it work. If anything comes up, I'll let you know.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

This is a good opportunity for me to explain more about how the Loser's Gambit works.

So, before yesterday, @BowserBasher was last, so he got the opportunity to nominate someone who he think he could beat for some bonus points. He nominated @S.C.G.
Now @S.C.G was 2 places above @BowserBasher, so every time he beat @S.C.G in a GP, he got 2 bonus points, which he pulled off in all 3 GP's.
Get it? The higher the person the loser nominates, the more points they'll get if they beat them in a GP. High risk, high reward.
Keep in mind that this stacks with the Champion's Bonus. @drahkon will take the Loser's Gambit next week.

Reminds me of this. :heh:

• Haha 2

Eff you, Luigi. Eff you so much!

Good games, @S.C.G I got all the pics needed.

Quick question though, were you using a SNES controller? Is that why there was an icon under your name?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Eff you, Luigi. Eff you so much!

Good games, @S.C.G I got all the pics needed.

Quick question though, were you using a SNES controller? Is that why there was an icon under your name?

Good games indeed! :D

I was using a SNES controller, that's why I get that fancy icon but I also lose the ability to perform the sarcastic clap. :p

I think you did enough clapping for the both of us though, so all is well. ;)

I need more practice at Super Mario Kart... at the start of the first race I was holding down the 'A' button. :blush:

31 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Alright @drahkon; room's open.

Password is 333

Why did you make yourself small. Doesn't feel right to do it this way...I'd be open to redoing the last gp

LOL! I thought I could pull it off; I totally forgot how ridiculously hard the GP is when you're small though!

Nah it's fine.  I'll take my GP3 loss like a man.  It was worth it for some of those hilarious highlights I got!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Why did you make yourself small. Doesn't feel right to do it this way...I'd be open to redoing the last gp

Because he's a dope. I warned against doing it. I told him he'd get nothing extra for doing it. But nooooooo...

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Nah it's fine.  I'll take my GP3 loss like a man.

Hm, ok. Still doesn't feel right :p 

You wrecked me in the first two GPs. But I also made the mistake of choosing Bowser. His accelaration is horrible so every tiny mistake just snowballs... :D 

Do you have all the screenshots and can you share them with Glen? I have them all but it's a hassle for me to upload them. Don't have a microSD card and in turn I'd have to upload the pictures on twitter :indeed:

Also didn't manage to capture some moments because the game didn't give me enough time :laughing: 

Speaking of which... have some highlights!

Just now, drahkon said:

Hm, ok. Still doesn't feel right :p 

You wrecked me in the first two GPs. But I also made the mistake of choosing Bowser. His accelaration is horrible so every tiny mistake just snowballs... :D 

Do you have all the screenshots and can you share them with Glen? I have them all but it's a hassle for me to upload them. Don't have a microSD card and in turn I'd have to upload the pictures on twitter :indeed:

Also didn't manage to capture some moments because the game didn't give me enough time :laughing: 

I've got them all, don't worry.  I'll share them with him.

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Yeah, I noticed you waiting and I didn't wanna get the win that way :p 

Edit: Forgot that I managed to capture one moment:

Edited by drahkon
  • Haha 1

@Glen-i

A few questions:

1. Will there be a separate thread for the Super Mario Kart League? I'm in favour because it's a little annoying sifting through all these posts here to find some info on what's next.
  2. Does "players choice" mean, everybody chooses a stage/track and then the randomness gremlin is in charge, or is there a vote before?
  3. If I'm out for a week, when's the best time to let you know?

4 hours ago, drahkon said:

@Glen-i

A few questions:

1. Will there be a separate thread for the Super Mario Kart League? I'm in favour because it's a little annoying sifting through all these posts here to find some info on what's next.
  2. Does "players choice" mean, everybody chooses a stage/track and then the randomness gremlin is in charge, or is there a vote before?
  3. If I'm out for a week, when's the best time to let you know?

1. Only one person responded to that and they responded in the positive, so I guess I'll go ahead with it later on today.

2. Everybody chooses what they want in the lobby and then leaves it to fate. The only rule is that the same track can't be raced on twice. So if you choose Baby Park and then we race on Baby Park, you can't choose Baby Park again for the rest of the night.

3. As soon as you can. Just give me a mention.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

3. As soon as you can. Just give me a mention.

Alright. I won't be able to make next week (20th of Februrary) :p 

• Thanks 1