NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Captain Tsubasa: Rise of the New Champions – Coming 2020

Between this and Inazuma Eleven, I think it's fair to say the Switch is going to be fine on the football front without a FIFA offering :p

Edited by Julius
  • Like 2

I'm actually interested in this. Need some proper gameplay footage, though.

Man, I grew up with the anime. Watched the entire series from when it first aired in Germany back in 1995. I can still sing the lyrics of the German intro (to be fair, there are only a few lines :laughing:).

"Super Fußball (super Fußball),
fairer Fußball (fairer Fußball),
er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held"

:cool: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It wasn't until I listened to this week's N-E Café that I realised the English-speaking world never got any form of Captain Tsubasa. It's kind of mental to think about, every other football-loving nation I know has fond memories of Tsubasa and its distinct cheese. The interminable fields, the ball that keeps spinning as it hits the net, the seriousness with which they take those inter-school championships! The melodrama of it all was something else.

And then the characters grew up and it just got crazier from there. My favourite part has to be when the Vegeta-type character goes on a training arc with a weighted ball, declaring that he can't go back to the team unless he can break a tree in half with his shots:

And when he comes back for a Friendly, he shows off his ultimate move: the Lightning Shot!

(Éder would go on to learn this technique)

As for the game, I'm not too fond of football videogames, but I'm happy this one is getting some attention. The franchise is a ton of fun and any attention it gets is well deserved.

Edited by Jonnas
  • Like 5

That trailer made me hyped again :D

I really hope there will be a demo.

Sign in to follow this