NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Dying Light 2 (4th February 2022)

I couldn't find a thread for this, so I guess I'm starting one? Ran a search for one, but hey, let me know if I'm wrong and hopefully this can be moved across.

Anyways, in a new favourite video game pastime continuing this wondrous month of delays, it's been delayed from its Spring 2020 slot to a later date (TBC):

Ly496EM.jpg

The Spring 2020 slate dieted way too hard in the last week or two...

Edited by Julius
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, the delays are getting pretty nuts. Luckily the ones I'm interested in haven't been delayed (Kingdom Hearts DLC and R Evil 3) and Final Fantasy only got pushed back a few weeks. 

Another event for this Thursday:

Hope they come out and deliver, this game has been pushed back pretty consistently and needs a good showing I feel. 

Coming December 7th, new gameplay trailer: 

Over twenty years ago in Harran, we fought the virus—and lost. Now, we’re losing again. The City, one of the last large human settlements, is torn by conflict. Civilization has fallen back into the Dark Ages. And yet, we still have hope.

You are a wanderer with the power to change the fate of The City. But your exceptional abilities come at a price. Haunted by memories you cannot decipher, you set out to learn the truth… and find yourself in a combat zone. Hone your skills, as to defeat your enemies and make allies, you’ll need both fists and wits. Unravel the dark secrets behind the wielders of power, choose sides and decide your destiny. But wherever your actions take you, there's one thing you can never forget—stay human.

VAST OPEN WORLD
Participate in the life of a city engulfed in a new dark era. Discover different paths and hidden passages, as you explore its multiple levels and locations.

CREATIVE & BRUTAL COMBAT
Take advantage of your parkour skills to tip the scales of even the most brutal encounter. Clever thinking, traps and creative weapons will be your best friends.

DAY AND NIGHT CYCLE
Wait for night to venture into dark hideouts of the Infected. Sunlight keeps them at bay, but once it’s gone, monsters begin the hunt, leaving their lairs free to explore.

CHOICES & CONSEQUENCES
Shape the future of The City with your actions and watch how it changes. Determine the balance of power by making choices in a growing conflict and forge your own experience.

2-4 PLAYER CO-OP GAMEPLAY
Play in up to four-player co-op. Host your own games or join others and see how their choices have played out differently than yours.

So...it didn't come December 7th :laughing:

Early reviews have dropped for the game ahead of its release date this Friday (4th February), and considering how many times this game has been delayed, they aren't great:

Considering this graphic they were so proud of putting out there a couple of weeks ago...

FIxDrmUXEAA1ISB?format=jpg&name=large

I'm going to hazard a guess that they got carried away and the game's focus shifted from polish to features that would end up making it bloated, because a consistent thing across the reviews seems to be concerns about bugs. 

"Thousands of tweaks" coming and knowing a fix is on the way, but yikes, this game is coming in HOT

For those curious, here's the quick and dirty Dying Light 2 timeline:

• announced at E3 2018 (!)

• delayed indefinitely in January 2020 from it's Early 2020 release window (not officially announced, this was internal and shared in their statement)

• during their digital event in May 2021, the release date of 7th December 2021 was announced

• delayed to 4th February 2022 via tweet

Will wait for the complete edition in a few years :p 

For now I'm waiting on a discount for the first game's "Platinum Edition" on the US PSN store. The game's still banned in Germany...

Sign in to follow this