NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
S.C.G

N-Europe Turns Twenty-Two Today! (Future of N-Europe)

content-4-36102-neturnstwentytwobanner.jpg

N-Europe Turns Twenty-Two

Yes, we nearly forgot again, but it's basically tradition at this point. ;)

Anyway... that's not all, we also wanted to let everyone know about the future of N-Europe.

The site isn't going anywhere but @Ashley is stepping down as Editor-in-Chief in order to focus on personal things.

He's not going anywhere either, as everyone knows that you N-Ever truly leave N-E and we wouldn't want him to either, the place wouldn't be the same. :hug:

But he has asked me if I wanted to take on the role of Editor-in-Chief so that he can take the time he needs and I'm honoured to accept the role.

I hope you'll all join me in saying Thank You to Ashley for all that he has put into the site over the years though and wish him the very best. :peace:

If anyone deserves a break then it's definitely him and I'm happy to do my very best to help by keeping N-Europe running and trying my best not to break anything. :p

Thank you to everyone involved with N-Europe and the forums, to every staff member, forum member and reader, plus thank you to our N-E Supporters.

(and thanks once again to @RedShell for that fantastic banner which I'm very happy with and especially at very short notice) :D

Here's to N-Europe in 2020 and beyond.

I'd say more but there's a fair bit in the article and I really don't know what else to say except thank you to the best community and site I've ever known on the internet. :smile:

It's a joy to be part of N-Europe and I wouldn't have it N-E other way. :heart:

• Like 12
  • Thanks 6

Thanks for all of your work @Ashley and all the best moving forwards, look forward to crossing paths again with you on the forum some day! And congratulations and best of luck @S.C.G, couldn't think of a more honest and welcoming staff member to make the step up!

I've been something of a regular on these forums for, what, nearly three years now? I've had a lot of highs and lows in that time, and apart from the odd misunderstanding which comes with the territory of a forum, this place has been a safe one for me to check in during that time, and to grow my passion for and appreciation of video games with you all has been a pleasure, so I'd just like to thank the community and it's staff for making such a great environment for discussion! 

2020 is going to be a massive year for Nintendo and video games as a whole, so let's make it a fun and memorable oN-E! :grin:

• Like 3

Thank you @Ashley! I remember fondly you Kristen Bell blowing bubblegum avatar when I first joined way back in 2006, you've been an ever present staff member over all these years so I'll be sad to see you go but I hope things improve for you in your life outside of NE. 

It's absolutely ridiculous that NE is 22 years old. I remember stumbling upon it during an IT lesson when I was in secondary school, several years before I dared to join the forum, and I can't believe that I'm still visiting pretty much every single day. Props to all the staff members who helped to make the place what it is over the years, can't think of a better guy to take over from Ashley than you @S.C.G.

Here's to another 22 years! 

• Like 2

Thanks for all your hard work over the years@Ashley, it has been a pleasure to have you as the big boss all this time. Hope you can find more time to enjoy the things you want to do now you're stepping down!

@S.C.G couldn't think of a nicer guy to pick up the role! I trust that your new position will not deter your daily awarding of at least 20 thanks. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Great news for you @S.C.G
And huge thanks to @Ashley for the work in the site over the years. Can’t imagine how much hard work has gone into it, so massive hats off! 

This is the only place I come to talk gaming and get advice on why my Switch isn’t working etc :p and to read the weekly arguments which always provide a chuckle. :D 

Here is to the future of N-E! 

• Like 1

20 years? Time sure flies...

@Ashley Thank you so much for all your hard work. Best of luck to you with all the things coming to you and everything you want to do :) 

@S.C.G Well...cool, I guess? 
Just kidding :p Congrats and here's to another 20 years :peace: 

Just checked, I've been a member for 16 years now...this place has been my go-to forum since my teenage years. I'm 30 (:() now with no intentions to leave. You can't get rid of the German :p 

• Like 1

Just handing over power without a democratic vote? What sort of tinpot despotic place is this?

I'm staging a coup.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weird 1

@Ashley Thanks for creating my digital home. Hope @S.C.G keeps it running for another 22 years! So this won't be just my digital home., but my digital retirement home!

(this explains why I had 7 notifications I guess)...

10 hours ago, Julius said:

Thanks for all of your work @Ashley and all the best moving forwards, look forward to crossing paths again with you on the forum some day! And congratulations and best of luck @S.C.G, couldn't think of a more honest and welcoming staff member to make the step up!

Thank you :)  I'll still be lurking around, don't worry!

10 hours ago, killthenet said:

Thank you @Ashley! I remember fondly you Kristen Bell blowing bubblegum avatar when I first joined way back in 2006, you've been an ever present staff member over all these years so I'll be sad to see you go but I hope things improve for you in your life outside of NE. 

1108576007e6d3d2dcf0f3be88c7967d.jpg
(or maybe it was this one https://i.pinimg.com/originals/9f/39/ae/9f39ae0d61c5ad1c0bc201077faa2405.jpg)

I used that on last.fm too and at some point some random started messaging me and after a few messages I clocked that with my name (to Americans) and that image they assumed I was female. When I said I was male they never responded.

4 hours ago, Sheikah said:

Thanks for all your hard work over the years@Ashley, it has been a pleasure to have you as the big boss all this time. Hope you can find more time to enjoy the things you want to do now you're stepping down!

Thank you :)

3 hours ago, Aneres11 said:

And huge thanks to @Ashley for the work in the site over the years. Can’t imagine how much hard work has gone into it, so massive hats off! 

2 hours ago, drahkon said:

@Ashley Thank you so much for all your hard work. Best of luck to you with all the things coming to you and everything you want to do :) 

Cheers "the German" (apparently that's what we're calling you now.

2 hours ago, bob said:

Just handing over power without a democratic vote? What sort of tinpot despotic place is this?

I'm staging a coup.

I'd like to see you try! 

11 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

@Ashley Thanks for creating my digital home. Hope @S.C.G keeps it running for another 22 years! So this won't be just my digital home., but my digital retirement home!

No problem, although just to point out this place existed long before me (well, 4 years before me)! 

As I said in the article and in the secret staff forum where we talk about you all, Sam's work on this site has been tireless and nothing short of amazing. I know he's got many amazing plans and ideas for this place and the team as a whole has been fantastic lately. I'm really excited to see what they do.

I'll still be lurking around and technically still own this place (we've essentially split the business and creative side to make things a bit easier) so you can't escape me that easily :p 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Ashley said:

No problem, although just to point out this place existed long before me (well, 4 years before me)! 

Yeah, but you must have been in charge for a large part of my personal 14 years on this site?

Who of the old staff is still around?

3 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Yeah, but you must have been in charge for a large part of my personal 14 years on this site?

Who of the old staff is still around?

Aye probably but I honestly can't remember when I took over as EIC!  But I have certainly been working for this site the whole time you've been here.

I think @S.C.G is the second longest active staff member after myself but hopefully I'm not forgetting anyone! We occasionally have former staff pop up in the seldom used veterans forum (designed for former site/forum staff) but not much lately.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all your hard work@Ashley. And, that goes for everyone of the staff members here. I’ve done my fair share of writing and podcast managing, editing, in my time to know how time consuming it all is. Silent heroes the lot of you.
Congratulations @S.C.G. Hope to keep producing podcast content for your reign for the next few years at least.

• Like 1

Thank you for everything, @Ashley This place has been my go-to place the internet for the past... 14 years or so (Probably even earlier, since I first found it back when it was cube-europe. My main videogame news source for the longest time), and I can tell you've always worked hard to make sure it kept shining brighter than most.

Congrats to our new overlord @S.C.G May his vision and perseverance pierce through the heavens. Or at least allow him to record Smashing Casts without issues :heh:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Thankyou for everything @Ashley, and good luck @S.C.G with the place.

I'm not around as much as i used to be, but i keep dropping in from time to time.  This sites been my go-to place for many years, and will be as long as it's still running.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this